About the Shure SLXD14D-G58
Shure's SLX-D wireless systems are designed to bring you digital sound quality, maximum utility, and ease of use. The SLXD14D wireless system offers an impressive 32 channels in its assigned frequency band (10 channels per 6 MHz), allowing for many users in a single production. Digital operation eliminates audio artifacts and gives you full frequency response.
Sing, speak, and play
The SLXD14D system features two SLXD1 bodyback transmitters which can be used with compatible Shure headset and bodyworn microphones, and with guitars and basses via Shure's WA305 cable (sold separately). The transmitter's rounded corners make it more comfortable to wear and its sturdy polycarbonate/ABS case holds up to hard use. Its OLED display and simple control button arrangement makes setup simple. The transmitters offer up to 8 hours running time on two AA batteries (included) or Shure's SB903 rechargeable lithium-ion battery (sold separately). Infrared sync makes it easy to connect the transmitter and receiver.
Two channels for twice the freedom
The SLXD4D dual-channel receiver features simple controls with a rotary push knob for each channel and large LCD displays that are easy to read even when you're outdoors. The receiver features guided frequency selection and a simple setup menu which includes a link to the system user manual so you'll have answers to any questions that might arise.
The sturdy metal chassis stands up to life on the road, while XLR and 1/4" balanced outputs let you connect to a variety of amplification systems. A Network Port jack with an RJ45 receptacle connects the receiver to an Ethernet network to allow outside control. The included rack mount kit lets you mount the receiver to standard 19" equipment racks.
With dual-channel adaptability in a single-space rack unit that gives vocalists and instruments the room to soar, Shure's SLXD14D system packs maximum flexibility and 24-bit digital sound quality into a package to fit almost any application.
- digital wireless system includes:
- two SLXD1 bodypack transmitters
- SLXD4D dual-channel receiver
- receiver antennas
- rack mount kit
- easy-to-read OLED transmitter and receiver displays
- polycarbonate/ABS transmitter housing
- battery life: up to 8 hours with 2 x AA batteries (included)
- optional SB903 battery available
- up to 32 SLX-D systems per band
- Band G58 (470-514 MHz)
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SLXD14D-G58
What's in the box:
- SLXD4D Receiver (G58 band / 470-514MHz)
- 2 SLXD1 Bodypack transmitter (attached 4.5" antenna)
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- Two 4.5" 1/4-wave receiver antennas (male BNC terminal)
- Two 21" antenna cables (male BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Female BNC couplers (female BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Internal star lock-washers
- 2 Hex lock-nuts
- 4 Rubber foot pads
- Hardware pack (2 Hole-plugs / 4 Plastic screw-bushings / Four 20mm screws / Eight 10mm screws)
- PS43US Power supply w/ attached 73" DC cable & 74" AC cable (15VDC/600mA output)
- 4 AA batteries
- 2 Zippered vinyl storage bags
- System User Guide
- Warranty information
- Power Supply Safety Instructions
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SLXD14D-G58
Overview: The Shure SLXD14D/G58 Digital Wireless bodypack system offers streamlined performance with transparent 24-bit digital audio. The system includes two SLXD1 wireless bodypack transmitters, that can be used with a wide variety of headset or body-worm microphones (sold separately), and an SLXD4D dual wireless receiver. Operating in the 470 - 514MHz range (G58 band), the SLXD14D/G58 has a working range of up to 330 feet (line-of-sight), and is an ideal choice for live music performances, presentations, and more.
Note: The SLXD14D/G58 wireless system does not include any microphones, which must be purchased separately.
24-Bit Digital Audio: Shure digital wireless technology allows the SLXD system to transmit detailed audio with an extended, virtually flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz (microphone dependent), and with up to 120dB of dynamic range. Designed to be highly RF spectrum efficient, the SLXD system can operate up to 32 compatible channels per frequency band with up to 44 MHz of tuning bandwidth (region dependent). It also allows up to 10 compatible systems in the 6MHz TV band and 12 systems in the 8MHz TV band.
SLXD4D Receiver: The SLXD4D rack-mount dual wireless receiver features 2 individual receivers in one housing, allowing both included bodypack transmitters to be operated simultaneously. The Guided Frequency Setup can help you find the best open frequency, for minimal interference, or you can manually select the Group and Channel assignments, if needed. The receiver includes two mic-level XLR and two 1/4" instrument-level outputs, letting you run each microphone signal independently to a mixer or processor. The rear panel also features two removable 1/4-wave antennas. For better reception when rack-mounting, hardware and extension cables are included to re-locate the antennas on the front of the rack-mounting brackets.
Channel Setup: A wireless audio channel is formed when the receiver and the transmitter/microphone are tuned to the same frequency. To make setup easier, frequencies available to the SLXD14D/G58 system are organized into Groups and Channels. Each Group contains a number of Channels and each Channel is assigned to a specific preset frequency. The SLXD4D receiver provides 3 methods for matching the receiver and transmitter to the same frequency:
- Guided Frequency Setup: A step-by-step guide will walk you through the setup process. The receiver lets you initialize the system and will scan for an available channel, displaying it on the front LCD. The IR sync feature lets you place the IR port of the transmitter in front of the receiver's IR port for quick and easy channel assignment.
- Scan & IR Sync: The receiver scans the RF spectrum for the best available frequency and the easy IR sync procedure automatically tunes the transmitter to the receiver Group.
- Manual Group, Channel, or Frequency Assignment: This lets you manually set the receiver and transmitter to the same Group and Channel number, or Frequency, with no scanning.
Network: The SLXD4D receiver features a rear-panel RJ-45 port for connecting into a network via an Ethernet connection. The receiver can be connected to a DHCP-enabled router, and when powered on, the DHCP server will automatically assign an IP address to the receiver. This allows the use of third-party external control systems such as AMX or Crestron (both sold separately) to configure the wireless microphone system.
SLXD1 Transmitters: The two SLXD1 Bodypack Transmitters are housed in durable and ergonomic plastic chassis with integrated belt-clips. They can be powered by either the included 4 AA batteries (2 each), or the optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery, which uses the Shure SBC 10-903 charger (battery and charger sold separately). Either battery type can provide up to 8 hours of operation time. Each transmitter's top panel features a 4.5" fixed antenna, a 4-pin TA4F socket for attaching a Shure headset or body-worn microphone (not included), On/Off slide-switch, and a Power LED that will light green when On and red for a low battery. One side-panel includes the IR Sync window while the other side-panel includes Menu and Enter buttons. A front-panel LCD screen can display the Home screen selection, as well as display menu options, which include:
- Home Screen: One of four Home Screen displays can be
selected using the Menu and Enter buttons:
- Channel Name (default: Shure), Group & Channel, Battery level.
- Channel Name, Frequency, Battery level.
- Channel Name, Battery level, Group & Channel.
- Channel Name, Battery level.
- High Pass: Lets you activate a built-in high-pass filter.
- Auto Lock: Used to lock all controls on the transmitter (On/Off).
- Lock Type: Determines features locked by Auto Lock. Menu only or Menu & Power.
- RF Power: Used for selecting the RF transmitting power
setting. Options are:
- Lo: 1mW
- Hi: 10mW
- Mic Offset dB: This is used to match audio levels between two transmitters used in a combo system. Range is 0 to 21dB in 3dB increments.
- Battery Type: Allows you to select the installed AA battery type to ensure accurate battery power metering. Options include: Alkaline, NiMH (nickel metal hydride), or Lithium (non-rechargeable, 1.5V max). If an optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery is installed, the Battery Type will automatically be selected and the menu option won't be available.
- About: Displays firmware, hardware, and band information.
Rack-Mountable: The SLXD4D receiver includes four adhesive rubber feet for table-top use, along with mounting hardware for a rack-mount installation. Two angled brackets allow the receiver to be mounted in a standard 19" wide rack.
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 470-514MHz (G58 Band)
- Image Rejection: > 70dB, typical
- Latency: 3.2 ms
- RF Sensitivity: -97dBm
- Working Range: Approximately 330 ft. (line-of-sight)
- Audio Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (microphone dependent)
- Audio Dynamic Range: 120dB@ 1% THD, A-weighted, typical
- THD: < 0.02%
- Operating Temperature Range: 0˚F - 122˚F
- Spurious Rejection: >75dB, typical
- Power Requirements: 15VDC @ 600mA (power supply included)
- Antenna Connector Type: BNC (x2)
- Antenna Impedance: 50Ω
- Gain Adjustment Range: -18 to +42dB (1dB increments)
- Outputs: (1) XLR balanced, (1) 1/4" balanced
- Full Scale Output:
- XLR: Line setting: +15dBV, Mic setting: -15dBV
- 1/4": +15dBV
- Mic/Line Switch: 30dB pad
- Network Interface: Single port Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Network Addressing Capability: DHCP or Manual IP address
- Housing: PC/ABS
- Dimensions: Width = 15.88", Height = 1.63"/5.0" (w/antennas extended), Depth = 6.38"/8.04" (w/antennas attached)
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
SLXD1 Transmitter (x2):
- RF Output Power: 1mW or 10mW
- Occupied Bandwidth: < 200kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Mic Offset Range: 0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery Type: (2) AA Batteries (1.5A) included, optional Shure SB903 or Li-Ion rechargeable
- Battery Runtime: Up to 8 hrs. (Alkaline & SB903)
- Dimensions: Width = 2.68", Height = 3.86"/8.08" (w/antenna), Depth = 1.0"
- Weight: 3.14 oz. (without batteries)