About the Shure SE215-BT2
Shure's most popular in-ears go wireless
The Shure SE215-BT2 plays music wirelessly and delivers spacious sound with punchy bass.
Shure's most popular in-ears go wireless
I've long called the Shure SE215 wired headphones "a top choice for the savvy commuter who appreciates good sound." This wireless version makes on-the-go listening even easier by including Shure's RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth adapter cable. Now you can play music wirelessly from your phone, and still enjoy Shure's professional-grade noise-isolation and clear sound.
The wireless adapter cable connects the two earpieces and has Bluetooth 5.0 built in. This is the latest, greatest version of the wireless technology, and it offers a stronger, more reliable connection. This adapter also features aptX HD® technology for improved sound quality with devices that support this advanced wireless audio codec.
Combine that with the Shure SE215's high-grade drivers, and you've got some killer-sounding Bluetooth headphones.
Eliminate noise — the old-fashioned way
If you've never worn Shure SE-series headphones before, the first time can be startling. It gets really quiet. Whenever I put them on in the office, all the usual distractions just disappeared.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that pump in subtle phase canceling signals to neutralize external sound, Shure in-ears make a tight seal that blocks it all out. It's a super-effective approach that reduces outside sound by a whopping 37dB, to be exact.
Secure, pro-style fit
Shure includes six pairs of ear tips to ensure a snug fit that feels completely comfortable to you. That's three sizes of soft silicone tips and three sizes of my personal preference, spongy foam tips.
I had to overcome a small learning curve to get the right fit — you wrap the cord around your ear like you've probably seen musicians and performers do with their in-ear monitors. Once properly secured, they felt like they wouldn't slide around at all, no matter how I moved my head.
My thoughts on the sound: wide open and detailed with potent bass
What struck me most about the Shure SE215's sound was how spread out everything sounded. Because of how they fit, my brain was telling me to expect a concentrated, between-the-ears soundstage. Instead, Kasami Washington's sprawling jazz-funk song "Truth" practically enveloped my head. I'm talking aImost 360-degrees — I heard instruments way off to the side and even behind me.
Shure's sound signature is usually pretty neutral. They make headphones for professional recording and performing, after all. But these headphones are more bass-focused, which I actually appreciated. The slight low-end lift added a fun yet taut energy that underscored the looseness of Washington and crew's jam. It was a welcome presence that never took away from the airy spaciousness of the sax.
Since the Bluetooth adapter cable is water-resistant, it can handle some rain or sweat from the gym. The cable's built-in mic and remote let you make or take calls without removing your headphones, adjust the volume, and toggle through your tunes.
- wireless in-ear headphones
- single dynamic micro-driver tuned for detailed sound with extended bass
- offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- gold-plated MMCX earpiece connectors use a lock-snap mechanism keeps detachable Bluetooth cable connected
Shure RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth Adapter Cable:
- wraps around your ears for added stability
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX HD® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- aptX Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible devices
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 10 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- compatible with Siri®, Google Assistant, and other popular voice assistants
- in-line three-button remote for controlling music, calls, and volume
- IPX4-rated water-resistant
- length: 15"
Accessories and Specs:
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for proper fit and comfort:
- 3 sizes of soft flex ear tips
- 3 sizes of malleable foam ear tips for optimal noise isolation
- clothing clip
- zippered pouch included
- frequency response: 22-17,500 Hz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE215-K+BT2
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (black) with attached 30" RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth 5.0 adapter cable with in-line mic/remote
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips
- 3 Pairs foam ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Earphone nozzle cleaning tool
- 20" USB Cable (Type-A to Micro-B
- Zippered storage case
- SE215 Quick Start Guide
- RMCE-BT2 booklet
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Insertion instructions
More details on the Shure SE215-BT2
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.411" x 0.715"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||22-17k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SE215 Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones deliver crystal clear, spacious sound with rich bass. These in-ear headphones are equipped with a single dynamic MicroDriver. They include the new RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth 5.0 cable so you can wirelessly connect to your smartphone or tablet. The SE215 Wireless has a rechargeable battery, and comes with six pairs of ear tips for best fit and sound isolation.
Note: A wired version of the SE215 in also available.
Ear Tips: The SE215 Wireless comes with three sizes of silicone flex sleeves and three sizes of black Sound Isolating foam sleeves. The sleeves provide a secure, comfortable fit, and a good seal to enhance the bass and to block up to 37dB of ambient noise.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
RMCE-BT2: The SE215 Wireless earphones include the RMCE-BT2 cable with Bluetooth 5.0 capability. This 30" cable has gold-plated MMCX connectors on each end for attaching the SE215 ear buds. With Bluetooth 5.0, you can wirelessly connect with most smartphones, tablets, or laptops from up to 30 feet (10 meters). It offers high-resolution playback with support for multiple codecs including: Qualcomm aptX audio, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, AAC and SBC. Bluetooth 5.0 provides better range, longer battery life, and increased reliability over Bluetooth 4.1 (found in the BT1 adapter). The RMCE-BT2 has 2" formable wires at each ear bud for an over-the-ear configuration to keep the cables secure and out of the way. The integrated clothing clip helps stabilize and secure the cable during any activity. The RMCE-BT2 also works with other Shure Sound Isolating Earphones with MMCX connectors.
In-line Remote/Mic: The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). It works with both Apple iOS and Android devices. The functions for the remote control include:
- Center Button: This can be used for powering the adapter On/Off, Bluetooth Pairing, Play/Pause, Answer/End Call, Decline a Call, Voice Assistant Activation (if applicable), Factory Reset.
- Up/Down Buttons: These two buttons can be used for Volume Up/Down, Next & Previous Track, Check Battery Status.
Battery: The RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth wireless adapter features an internal rechargeable battery (non-replaceable) that can provide up to 10 hours of playback time with up to 350 hours of standby time. Charging is done through a Micro-B USB port on the end of the Bluetooth adapter, using the provided 20" USB cable (Type-A to Micro-B).
Carrying Case: The SE215 Wireless comes with a black cloth storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Type: Single dynamic MicroDriver
- Frequency Response: 22Hz - 17.5kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 107 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 17 ohms
- Net weight: 0.8 ounces