About the Shure SE425-UNI
Professional-grade headphones with an on-the-go design
Professional-grade headphones with an on-the-go design
The Shure SE425 earphones were originally designed for making and monitoring music. But over the years, they've earned a strong reputation from those of us who enjoy listening to music, too. Shure has now made it easier to use them on the go. They've incuded a remote/mic cable with a 3.5mm miniplug for playing music and taking calls from your phone.
When you're out and about, this cable is much more manageable than the longer studio cable that Shure used to include. (For even better sound, you can connect to a portable DAC/headphone amp or portable music player.) Each lightweight earpiece houses two micro-drivers — a woofer and tweeter — to deliver sound that is well-balanced with plenty of deep bass, lush midrange, and crisp high frequencies.
Eliminate noise — the old-fashioned way
If you've never worn Shure SE-series headphones before, the first time can be startling. It gets really quiet. When I put them on in the office, all the usual distractions just disappear.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that pump in subtle phase canceling signals to neutralize external sound, Shure in-ears make a tight seal that blocks it all out. It's a super-effective approach that reduces outside sound by a whopping 37dB, to be exact.
Secure, pro-style fit
Shure includes six pairs of ear tips to ensure a snug fit that feels completely comfortable to you. That's three sizes of soft silicone tips and three sizes of my personal preference, spongy foam tips.
I had to overcome a small learning curve to get the right fit — you wrap the cord around your ear like you've probably seen musicians and performers do with their in-ear monitors. Once properly secured, they felt like they wouldn't slide around at all, no matter how I moved my head.
- in-ear monitor headphones
- dual high-definition micro-drivers offer accurate, balanced sound across the frequency spectrum
- one woofer and one tweeter
- offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- detachable 47" remote/mic cable with 3.5mm miniplug for wired listening
- gold-plated MMCX earpiece connectors use a lock-snap mechanism to keep them from accidentally disconnecting
- cables are designed to wrap over your ears for added security and to keep dangling wires out of the way
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for proper fit and comfort:
- 3 sizes of soft flex ear tips
- 3 sizes of malleable foam ear tips for optimal noise isolation
- 1/4" adapter
- zippered carrying case included
- frequency response: 22-19,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 109 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE425-V+UNI
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (silver) with attached 50" RMCE-UNI audio cable with in-line mic/remote (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips
- 3 Pairs foam ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of yellow foam sleeves
- 1 Pair of Triple Flange sleeves
- Ear phone nozzle cleaning tool
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Universal Remote + Mic Cable booklet
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Register online card
- Insertion instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SE425-UNI
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.757" x 0.721"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-19k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SE425 Sound Isolating Earphones deliver your music with accurate, true-to-life sound. These in-ear headphones have dual balanced-armature MicroDrivers with a dedicated tweeter and woofer. The SE425s have the 50" RMCE-UNI detachable cable with an in-line remote/microphone, and comes with a premium storage case and eight pairs of ear tips for best fit and sound isolation.
Note: A wireless version of the SE425 is also available.
RMCE-UNI: This SE425 comes with the "wired" option which includes the 50" RMCE-UNI universal audio cable with in-line remote and microphone. It terminates into a straight 3.5mm plug. The plug is thin enough to work with many smartphone cases without interference. The cable has MMCX terminals for connecting to the in-ear monitors. You can swap the RMCE-UNI cable with the optional RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth 5.0 adapter to turn the SE425 into a wireless earphone.
In-line Remote/Mic: The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). The remote/mic has a switch for selecting either Apple iOS or Android to match the smartphone you have. The remote's outer buttons raise and lower the volume, and skips to the next or previous track. The center button can play/pause your music, answer/end/reject a phone call, and activate your digital voice assistant.
Ear Tips: The SE425 comes with three sizes of silicone flex sleeves, three sizes of black Sound Isolating foam sleeves, a pair of yellow foam sleeves, and a pair of triple-flange sleeves. The sleeves provide a secure, comfortable fit, and a good seal to enhance the bass and provide up to 37dB of sound isolation.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
Carrying Case: The SE425 comes with a premium black hard storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Type: Dual High-definition MicroDrivers
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 19kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 109 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 22 ohms
- Net weight: 1.1 ounces