About the Shure SE846-BT2
A premier set of in-ear Bluetooth headphones
This look inside the SE846 earphones shows the sophistication of the internal driver system.
A premier set of in-ear Bluetooth headphones
You might be looking at the best-sounding Bluetooth headphones on the planet. So how did Shure do it? They took their legendary SE846 earphones — the most accurate, dynamic in-ear montors (IEMs) I've ever heard — and added their RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth adapter cable.
Now you can play music wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most-reliable Bluetooth yet. This adapter also features aptX HD® technology for improved sound quality with devices that support this advanced wireless audio codec. Combine that with some of the most sophisticated IEM drivers ever assembled? You have a set of wireless headphones in a class of their own.
Sound tuned for the pros
The powerhouse SE846 headphones were originally designed for professional monitoring. So they are tuned for true-to-life sound. Shure packed four balanced armature drivers into each earbud. A seamless 3-way crossover system gives you clarity and detail across all frequencies. Soaring highs, articulate mids, and tight, punch-to-the-gut bass.
The ultimate multi-use headphones
The SE846-BT2 is a complete package for both making and enjoying music. Shure includes three separate cables for different listening situations. The wireless Bluetooth adapter cable comes attached, but you can change it out for a couple of wired options, both with a miniplug connection.
Shure includes three detachable cables with the SE846-BT2 earphones, so you can listen wired or wireless.
There's a remote mic cable for on-the-go listening, or a longer cable designed for more serious music listening. Use that cable (and the included ¼” adapter) to connect to stage and studio gear, or a high-powered headphone amp— and see what these beauties can really do.
Larger soundstage than I predicted
Oftentimes when I listen to earbuds, I expect — and get — that "between-the-ears" sound. Not so with the Shure SE846 headphones. The wide-open soundstage surrounds my head in a way that almost feels like it shouldn't be possible from something so small. And within that soundfield, I hear pinpoint imaging with proper separation.
Eliminate noise — the old-fashioned way
If you've never worn Shure SE-series headphones before, the first time can be startling. It gets really quiet. When I put them on in the office, all the usual distractions just disappear.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that pump in subtle phase canceling signals to neutralize external sound, Shure in-ears make a tight seal that blocks it all out. It's a super-effective approach that reduces outside sound by a whopping 37dB, to be exact.
Secure, pro-style fit
Shure includes six pairs of ear tips to ensure a snug fit that feels completely comfortable to you. That's three sizes of soft silicone tips and three sizes of my personal preference, spongy foam tips.
I had to overcome a small learning curve to get the right fit — you wrap the cord around your ear like you've probably seen musicians and performers do with their in-ear monitors. Once properly secured, they felt like they wouldn't slide around at all, no matter how I moved my head.
- interchangeable wireless in-ear headphones/wired in-ear monitors
- four high-definition balanced armature drivers offer pristine, accurate sound with deep bass response
- drivers dedicated to lows, highs, and mids
- low-pass filter allows the dedicated bass driver to deliver deep, powerful low frequencies without sacrificing clarity
- offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- gold-plated lock-snap mechanism keeps detachable cables connected
- three interchangeable acoustic filters for fine-tuning the sound signature
- emphasize bass, warmth, or treble detail
Shure RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth Adapter Cable:
- wraps around your ears for added stability
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX HD® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- aptX Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible devices
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 10 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- compatible with Siri®, Google Assistant, and other popular voice assistants
- in-line three-button remote for controlling music, calls, and volume
- IPX4-rated water-resistant
- length: 15"
Accessories and Specs:
- three detachable cables:
- 64" listening cable with 3.5mm miniplug
- 47" remote/mic cable with 3.5mm miniplug
- wireless Bluetooth adapter cable
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for proper fit and comfort:
- 3 sizes of soft flex ear tips
- 3 sizes of malleable foam ear tips for optimal noise isolation
- 1/4" adapter
- removal key for sound-tuning nozzles
- clothing clip
- zippered pouch included
- frequency response: 15-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 114 dB
- impedance: 9 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE846-CL+BT2
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (clear)
- 30" RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth wireless cable with in-line mic/remote
- 50" RMCE-UNI cable with in-line mic/remote (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter
- 46" Clear cable (MMCX plugs on one end and right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 3 Pairs of black foam sleeves (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of yellow foam sleeves
- 3 Pairs of soft Flex silicone sleeves
- 1 Pair of Triple Flange sleeves
- 3 Pairs of nozzle inserts (blue (installed)/white/black)
- Nozzle removal tool
- Polishing cloth
- Hard square zippered case
- Quick Start Guide
- RMCE-BT2 booklet
- Universal Remote + Mic Cable booklet
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Register online card
- Insertion instructions
Shure SE846-BT2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SE846-BT2
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.897" x 0.734"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||15-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview:The Shure SE846 Sound Isolating Earphones deliver your music with unprecedented clarity and powerful bass. These in-ear headphones have quad balanced-armature MicroDrivers with a dedicated tweeter and midrange, and dual woofers. The SE846s include the 50" RMCE-UNI detachable cable with an in-line remote/microphone, a 46" standard cable (no remote/mic), and the new RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth 5.0 cable to wirelessly connect to your smartphone or tablet. The SE846 earphones come with interchangeable nozzle inserts to customize the sound, eight pairs of ear tips for best fit and sound isolation, and a premium zippered storage case.
Quad MicroDrivers: The SE846 is equipped with four high-definition drivers to give you clear, extended highs and deep driving bass. The drivers are configured as a three-way system, with dual woofers, midrange, and tweeter. With the addition of a low-pass filter, the earphones provide true subwoofer performance without loss of detail or clarity.
Customizable Sound: The SE846 features a removable metal nozzle with interchangeable nozzle inserts to let you customize the earphones to your listening taste. A nozzle removal key is included in the box. The color-coded inserts provide the following sound signatures:
|Insert Color||Sound Signature||Response|
|Blue||Balanced||Neutral (default configuration)|
|White||Bright||+2.5dB from 1kHz to 8kHz|
|Black||Warm||-2.5dB from 1kHz to 8kHz|
RMCE-BT2: The SE846's wireless option includes the RMCE-BT2 cable with Bluetooth 5.0 capability. This 30" cable has gold-plated MMCX connectors on each end for attaching the SE846 ear buds. With Bluetooth 5.0, you can wirelessly connect with most smartphones, tablets, or laptops from up to 30 feet (10 meters). It offers high-resolution playback with support for multiple codecs including: Qualcomm aptX audio, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, AAC and SBC. Bluetooth 5.0 provides better range, longer battery life, and increased reliability over Bluetooth 4.1 (found in the BT1 adapter). The RMCE-BT2 has 2" formable wires at each ear bud for an over-the-ear configuration to keep the cables secure and out of the way. The integrated clothing clip helps stabilize and secure the cable during any activity. The RMCE-BT2 also works with other Shure Sound Isolating Earphones with MMCX connectors.
In-line Remote/Mic: The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). It works with both Apple iOS and Android devices. The functions for the remote control include:
- Center Button: This can be used for powering the adapter On/Off, Bluetooth Pairing, Play/Pause, Answer/End Call, Decline a Call, Voice Assistant Activation (if applicable), Factory Reset.
- Up/Down Buttons: These two buttons can be used for Volume Up/Down, Next & Previous Track, Check Battery Status.
Battery: The RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth wireless adapter features an internal rechargeable battery (non-replaceable) that can provide up to 10 hours of playback time with up to 350 hours of standby time. Charging is done through a Micro-B USB port on the end of the Bluetooth adapter, using the provided 20" USB cable (Type-A to Micro-B).
RMCE-UNI: The SE846's wired option includes the 50" RMCE-UNI universal audio cable with in-line remote and microphone. The remote/mic has a switch for selecting either Apple iOS or Android to match the smartphone you have. It terminates into a straight 3.5mm plug. The plug is thin enough to work with many smartphone cases without interference. The cable has MMCX terminals for connecting to the in-ear monitors.
EAC46CLS: This 46" clear jacketed cable is included for pure audio listening. It has a right-angled 3.5mm plug, but no in-line remote/microphone for phone calls.
Ear Tips: The SE846 comes with three sizes of silicone flex sleeves, three sizes of black Sound Isolating foam sleeves, a pair of yellow foam sleeves, and a pair of triple-flange sleeves. The sleeves provide a secure, comfortable fit, and a good seal to enhance the bass and provide up to 37dB of sound isolation.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
Carrying Case: The SE846 comes with a premium black hard square storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Type: Quad High-definition MicroDrivers
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 114 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 9 ohms
- Net weight: 1.3 ounces
The Shure SE846-BT2 replaces these items
- in-ear headphones with four balanced armature driver system for pristine, realistic sound
- detachable Bluetooth adapter cable for wireless music and calls
- up to 37dB of noise attenuation and 8 hours of battery life