About the Shure SCM262
Keep your customers entertained and informed
Keep your customers entertained and informed
This compact, easy-to-use mixer from Shure lets you play background music on a commercial distributed audio system and mix in paging microphones. Call dinner parties to their table or employees to the front of the store.
You get three RCA stereo inputs for background music sources, plus connections for two mics. Specialized conveniences include "ducking," which lowers the background music when you make an announcement on a mic, and "jukebox mute," which automatically mutes line-level inputs 1 and 2 when playing sound through input 3.
Get a free system design
- compact mixer designed for commercial sound systems
- 3 line-level stereo inputs and 2 mic inputs
- lets you combine paging with background music
- takes up only 1/2 rack space
- bass and treble controls for master output
- ducking: lowers the gain of the stereo inputs (background music) when someone speaks into a connected mic
- jukebox mute: source connected to stereo input 3 will mute the other two stereo inputs
- 1 XLR mic input
- 1 combination XLR/TRS 1/4" mic/line input
- 3 stereo RCA line inputs
- 1 unbalanced RCA stereo output
- left and right balanced 1/4" TRS mic/line outputs
- 12-volt phantom power for use with condenser mics
- detachable power cable
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCM262
What's in the box:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
More details on the Shure SCM262
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
|1||Left Output Mic/Line||Line||Mic|
|2||Right Output Mic/Line||Line||Mic|
|3||Mic 1 Ducking||Off||On|
|4||Mic 2 Ducking||Off||On|
|6||Stereo 3 Jukebox mute||Off||On|
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?