About the Shure SE425-BT1
Professional-grade wireless headphones
Shure includes two detachable cables with the SE425-BT1 earphones, so you can listen wired or wireless.
Professional-grade wireless headphones
The Shure SE425 earphones were originally designed for making and monitoring music. But over the years, they've earned a strong reputation from those of us who enjoy listening to music, too. Shure has now made it easier to use them on the go. They've incuded a Bluetooth adapter cable that connects the two earpieces, so you can wirelessly play tunes and take phone calls from your phone.
Each lightweight earpiece houses two micro-drivers — a woofer and tweeter — to deliver sound that is well-balanced with plenty of deep bass, lush midrange, and crisp high frequencies.
Versatile listening options
Here's a design perk — the Shure SE425-BT1 gives you the ability to switch out cables for different listening situations. Along with the attached Bluetooth adapter cable comes attached, you'll find a remote mic cable with a 3.5mm miniplug and a 1/4" adapter. That makes it easier to connect these headphones to a portable music player or headphone amp — so you can drive them to their top potential.
Eliminate noise — the old-fashioned way
If you've never worn Shure SE-series headphones before, the first time can be startling. It gets really quiet. When I put them on in the office, all the usual distractions just disappear.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that pump in subtle phase canceling signals to neutralize external sound, Shure in-ears make a tight seal that blocks it all out. It's a super-effective approach that reduces outside sound by a whopping 37dB, to be exact.
Secure, pro-style fit
Shure includes six pairs of ear tips to ensure a snug fit that feels completely comfortable to you. That's three sizes of soft silicone tips and three sizes of my personal preference, spongy foam tips.
I had to overcome a small learning curve to get the right fit — you wrap the cord around your ear like you've probably seen musicians and performers do with their in-ear monitors. Once properly secured, they felt like they wouldn't slide around at all, no matter how I moved my head.
- interchangeable wireless in-ear headphones/wired in-ear monitors
- dual high-definition micro-drivers offer accurate, balanced sound across the frequency spectrum
- one woofer and one tweeter
- offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- gold-plated lock-snap mechanism keeps detachable cables connected
- includes 47" remote/mic cable with 3.5mm miniplug for wired listening
Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth Adapter Cable (attached):
- wraps around your ears for added stability
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 8 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- in-line three-button remote for controlling music, calls, and volume
- IPX4-rated water-resistant
- length: 30-1/2"
Accessories and Specs:
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for proper fit and comfort:
- 3 sizes of soft flex ear tips
- 3 sizes of malleable foam ear tips for optimal noise isolation
- 1/4" adapter
- clothing clip
- zippered pouch included
- frequency response: 22-17,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 109 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE425-V+BT1
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (silver)
- 30" RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth wireless cable with in-line mic/remote
- 50" RMCE-UNI cable with in-line mic/remote (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter
- 3 Pairs (S/M/L) of black foam sleeves (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs (S/M/L) of gray soft Flex silicone sleeves
- 1 Pair of yellow foam sleeves
- 1 Pair of Triple Flange sleeves
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on the other end)
- Clothing clip
- Cleaning tool
- Hard zippered case
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Online Registration card
- Custom Earphone Sleeves promo card
- Ear sleeve fit guide
More details on the Shure SE425-BT1
Features & specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-19k Hz|
|Cord Length||50" + 30"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SE425 Sound Isolating Earphones (SE425-V+BT1) deliver crystal clear, spacious sound with rich bass. These in-ear headphones are equipped with dual High-Definition MicroDrivers for accurate, natural sound. The SE425s come with two cables: the RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth-enabled cable, and the RMCE-UNI cable with an in-line mic/remote. Also included are a 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter, and a hard zippered storage case. The SE425 can be used for personal listening and in-ear monitoring.
Bluetooth-enabled Cable: The included 30" RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable features a Bluetooth receiver and rechargeable battery, plus a 3-button remote control and microphone. With Bluetooth 4.1, you can wirelessly connect with most smartphones, tablets, or laptops from up to 30 feet (10 meters). The Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable is powered by a Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery provides up to 8 hours on a full charge, or 2 hours on a 15-minute quick charge. A Micro USB cable is provided for charging the battery. The RMCE-BT1 cable attaches to the ear buds via a gold-plated MMCX connector, which snaps into place and allows 360° rotation for best fit.
Universal Cable: The Shure earphones also come a 50" universal cable with an in-line remote that is compatible with select Android and iOS devices. The cable terminates into a straight 3.5mm plug. The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). There are two outer buttons (+ and -), and a center button. The outer buttons are for raising and lowering the volume, and for skipping to the next or previous track. The center button can turn on/off the power, play/pause music, answer/end/reject a phone call, and activate your digital voice assistant.
Fit Kit: The SE425s come with a Fit Kit that includes three sizes of silicone flex sleeves, three sizes of black foam sleeves, a pair of yellow foam sleeves, and a pair of triple-flange sleeves. The sleeves provide a secure, comfortable fit, and a good seal to enhance the bass and to block up to 37dB of ambient noise. The SE425s are compatible with custom-molded sleeves from Sensaphonics for professional on-stage monitoring.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
Carrying Case: The SE425s come with a black hard storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Types: Dual High Definition MicroDrivers
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 19kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 109 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 22 ohms
- Net weight: 1.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked