About the Shure SE425
The right formula for stage success
Shure's SE425 in-ear headphones are designed for stage or studio monitoring, with accurate sound and excellent noise isolation.
The right formula for stage success
There are two key components to proper stage monitoring with headphones: accurate sound and good noise isolation. Shure's SE425 in-ear monitors perform both tasks beautifully, so you can hear the fine details of your performance as well as a playback mix in the studio. Each lightweight earpiece houses two micro-drivers — a woofer and tweeter — to deliver sound that is well-balanced with plenty of deep bass, lush midrange, and crisp high frequencies.
Keep music in and noise out
What about noise isolation? These earphones are designed to fit snugly in your ears to limit external noise from getting into your monitor mix. There are eight pairs of ear tips in different sizes, shapes, and materials to help create a tight seal. With the right fit, the SE425 offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation. They're great for the studio, so you can focus on your performace and prevent sound from leaking into live microphones. They're also excellent for pleasure-listening in loud environments like city streets or crowded cafes.
Detachable cable that stays out of the way
The durable Kevlar-reinforced cable is detachable at each earpiece. The snap-lock connectors ensure it won't get disconnected by a simple tug on the cord. The cables are designed to wrap around your ears with a shapeable wire to help keep them in place. This allows the SE425 headphones to stay properly in position and out of your face as you move about, either head-banging on stage or heading outside to catch a ride back home after a long session in the studio.
Made for work and play
The SE425 headphones are based on Shure's legendary professional in-ear monitors, used by working musicians for years. But that doesn't mean they're just for studio use. These headphones are great for listening with your smartphone or portable music player when you're on the go. Pop the included 1/4" plug adapter onto the end to connect to your home stereo or a recording interface, mixing board or headphone amp.
- in-ear headphones for music listening or performance monitoring
- dual high-definition micro-drivers offer accurate, balanced sound across the frequency spectrum
- up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- 64" detachable Kevlar™ reinforced cable
- gold-plated earpiece connectors use a lock-snap mechanism to keep them from accidentally disconnecting
- cables are designed to wrap over your ears for added security and to keep dangling wires out of the way
- includes 3 sizes of soft flex and foam ear tips along with one triple-flange sleeve and one universal-fit foam sleeve
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- zippered carrying case included
- frequency response: 20-19,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 109 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE425-CL
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (clear) with attached 62" cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter
- 4 Pairs of black foam sleeves (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of yellow foam sleeves
- 3 Pairs of gray soft Flex silicone sleeves
- 1 Pair of Triple Flange sleeves
- Cleaning tool
- Hard zippered case
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Online Registration card
- Custom Earphone Sleeves promo card
- Ear sleeve fit guide
More details on the Shure SE425
Features & specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-19k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SE425 Sound Isolating Earphones deliver crystal clear, spacious sound with rich bass. These in-ear headphones are equipped with dual High-Definition MicroDrivers, a removable 62" Kevlar-reinforced cable with an adjustable cinch and a right-angled 3.5mm plug, and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter. The SE425 can be used for personal listening and in-ear monitoring.
Detachable Cable: The earphones have a detachable cable that allows you to easily replace it, should it become damaged. The cable attaches to the ear buds via a gold-plated MMCX connector, which snaps into place and allows 360° rotation for best fit. The cable is Kevlar-reinforced for strength and durability, and has a 3" formable wire at each ear but for an over-the-ear configuration to keep the cables secure and out of the way.
Fit Kit: The SE425s come with a Fit Kit that includes three sizes of silicone flex sleeves, three sizes of black foam sleeves, a pair of yellow foam sleeves, and a pair of triple-flange sleeves. The sleeves provide a secure, comfortable fit, and a good seal to enhance the bass and to block up to 37dB of ambient noise. The SE425s are compatible with custom-molded sleeves from Sensaphonics for professional on-stage monitoring.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
Carrying Case: The SE425s come with a black hard storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Types: Dual High Definition MicroDrivers
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 19kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 109 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 22 ohms
- Net weight: 1.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?