About the Shure SE535-BT1
Highly respected in-ears go wireless
Shure includes two detachable cables with the SE535-BT1 earphones, so you can listen wired or wireless.
Highly respected in-ears go wireless
Shure's SE535 earphones are beloved by music creators and audio aficionados alike. I saw it firsthand at CanJam NYC. All weekend, a deep line of headphone enthusiasts waited at the Shure booth — to hear their classic SE line of in-ears. When Shure decided to make these headphones wireless, they didn't mess with success too much.
The solidly contructed SE535 nails a certain sweet spot of sound with three micro-drivers — two woofers and a tweeter — built on Shure's many years of experience making monitors for professional musicians. This "BT1" version gives you the same spacious sound with rich, extended bass response along with smoothness and detail in the midrange and high frequencies. But you also get a Bluetooth adapter cable that connects the two earpieces, so you can wirelessly play tunes and take phone calls from your phone.
Versatile listening options
Here's a design perk — the Shure SE 535-BT1 gives you the ability to switch out cables for different listening situations. Along with the attached Bluetooth adapter cable, you'll find a remote mic cable with a 3.5mm miniplug and a 1/4" adapter. That makes it easier to connect these headphones to a portable music player or headphone amp — so you can drive them to their top potential.
Eliminate noise — the old-fashioned way
If you've never worn Shure SE-series headphones before, the first time can be startling. It gets really quiet. When I put them on in the office, all the usual distractions just disappear.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that pump in subtle phase canceling signals to neutralize external sound, Shure in-ears make a tight seal that blocks it all out. It's a super-effective approach that reduces outside sound by a whopping 37dB, to be exact.
Secure, pro-style fit
Shure includes six pairs of ear tips to ensure a snug fit that feels completely comfortable to you. That's three sizes of soft silicone tips and three sizes of my personal preference, spongy foam tips.
I had to overcome a small learning curve to get the right fit — you wrap the cord around your ear like you've probably seen musicians and performers do with their in-ear monitors. Once properly secured, they felt like they wouldn't slide around at all, no matter how I moved my head.
- interchangeable wireless in-ear headphones/wired in-ear monitors
- three high-definition micro-drivers offer spacious, accurate sound with enhanced bass response
- two woofers and one tweeter
- offer up to 37dB of noise attenuation
- gold-plated lock-snap mechanism keeps detachable cables connected
- includes 47" remote/mic cable with 3.5mm miniplug for wired listening
Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth Adapter Cable (attached):
- wraps around your ears for added stability
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 8 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- in-line three-button remote for controlling music, calls, and volume
- IPX4-rated water-resistant
- length: 30-1/2"
Accessories and Specs:
- includes 6 pairs of ear tips for proper fit and comfort:
- 3 sizes of soft flex ear tips
- 3 sizes of malleable foam ear tips for optimal noise isolation
- 1/4" adapter
- clothing clip
- zippered pouch included
- frequency response: 18-19,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 119 dB
- impedance: 36 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SE535-V+BT1
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones (bronze)
- 30" RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth wireless cable with in-line mic/remote
- 50" RMCE-UNI cable with in-line mic/remote (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter
- 3 Pairs (S/M/L) of black foam sleeves (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs (S/M/L) of gray soft Flex silicone sleeves
- 1 Pair of yellow foam sleeves
- 1 Pair of Triple Flange sleeves
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on the other end)
- Clothing clip
- Cleaning tool
- Hard zippered case
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Online Registration card
- Custom Earphone Sleeves promo card
- Ear sleeve fit guide
Shure SE535-BT1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SE535-BT1
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.779" x 0.928"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||18-19k Hz|
|Cord Length||50" + 30"|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones (SE535-V+BT1) deliver crystal clear, spacious sound with rich bass. These in-ear headphones are equipped with Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers--dual woofers and a single tweeter for each channel. An internal crossover centered at 5000 Hz routes the high and low frequencies to the dedicated drivers for maximum detail and clarity. The SE535s come with two cables: the RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth-enabled cable, and the RMCE-UNI cable with an in-line mic/remote. Also included are a 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter, and a hard zippered storage case. The SE535 can be used for personal listening and in-ear monitoring.
Bluetooth-enabled Cable: The included 30" RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable features a Bluetooth receiver and rechargeable battery, plus a 3-button remote control and microphone. With Bluetooth 4.1, you can wirelessly connect with most smartphones, tablets, or laptops from up to 30 feet (10 meters). The Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable is powered by a Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery provides up to 8 hours on a full charge, or 2 hours on a 15-minute quick charge. A Micro USB cable is provided for charging the battery. The RMCE-BT1 cable attaches to the ear buds via a gold-plated MMCX connector, which snaps into place and allows 360° rotation for best fit.
Universal Cable: The Shure earphones also come a 50" universal cable with an in-line remote that is compatible with select Android and iOS devices. The cable terminates into a straight 3.5mm plug. The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). There are two outer buttons (+ and -), and a center button. The outer buttons are for raising and lowering the volume, and for skipping to the next or previous track. The center button can turn on/off the power, play/pause music, answer/end/reject a phone call, and activate your digital voice assistant.
Premium Fit Kit: The SE535s come with a Premium Fit Kit with multitude of sound isolating sleeves. The sound isolating sleeves block ambient noise (up to about 37dB), while ensuring a comfortable and customized fit. A good seal is required for optimal sound isolation and bass response, and maximum comfort for extended wear. The Premium Fit Kit comes with the following types of sleeves:
- Soft Flex Sleeves: The Soft Flex sleeves are made of cone-shaped pliable rubber. Sizes include Small, Medium, and Large.
- Soft Foam Sleeves: The Soft Foam sleeves compress and expand to form a tight seal in your ear canal. Sizes include Small, Medium, and Large.
- Yellow Foam Sleeves: One pair of yellow foam sleeves is included. These sleeves are cylindrical in shape, and compress and expand to fit your ear canal.
- Triple-Flange Sleeves: The Triple-Flange Sleeves are made of soft, white rubber with three flanges of increasing diameter to fit the shape of your ear canal. One pair of Triple-Flange sleeves is included.
Note: The SE535s are compatible with custom-molded ear sleeves made by Sensaphonics. Information on custom sleeves is available directly from Shure.
Cleaning Tool: In-ear headphones require cleaning from time to time to maintain sound quality. When the earphone nozzle becomes blocked, the sound quality deteriorates. The obstruction can be removed with the included wire loop cleaning tool. The length of the wire loop is customized to allow the tool to reach into the nozzle without damaging the sound filter inside.
Carrying Case: The SE535s come with a black hard storage case with a zippered closure.
- Transducer Types: Triple balanced-armature drivers
- Frequency Response: 18Hz - 19kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 119 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 36 ohms
- Net weight: 1 ounce
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?