About the Shure SLXD1-H55
Simple, tough, and powerful
Simple, tough, and powerful
Shure designed the SLXD1 bodypack transmitter to work with their SLX-D systems, specifically the SLXD4 and SLXD4D wireless receivers. Its rugged polycarbonate/ABS case stands up to life on the stage, while the rounded corners make it easier to handle. The transmitter runs for up to 8 hours on two AA batteries (included) or with Shure's SB903 rechargeable lithium-ion battery (sold separately), and offers a range of up to 328 feet.
On the top of the transmitter, you'll find a 4.5" fixed antenna, a 4-pin TA4F socket for connecting your microphone, an On/Off switch, and an LED that displays green when power is on and red for a low battery. The front-panel LCD screen allows you to access the menu options, including a locking capability that prevents accidental shutoffs or other mishaps. Shure's infrared sync feature makes it easy to connect the transmitter and receiver.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- bodypack transmitter for use with SLXD4 and SLXD4D wireless receivers
- operating range of up to 328 feet
- runs for up to 8 hours on two AA batteries
- works with Shure's SB903 rechargeable battery
- LED displays green (power on) and red (low battery)
- front-panel LCD screen accesses menu options
- dimensions: 2.68"W x 3.86"H (8.08" w/antenna), 1.0"D
- weight: 3.14 oz. (without batteries)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SLXD1=-H55
What's in the box:
- SLXD1 Bodypack transmitter with attached 4.5" antenna (H55 band)
- 2 AA batteries
- User guide
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Shure SLXD1-H55
SLXD1 Transmitter: The SLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter is designed to work with Shure SLXD4 and SLXD4D wireless receivers (sold separately), and operates on the H55 band (514-558 MHz). The Bodypack Transmitter is housed in a durable and ergonomic plastic chassis with integrated belt-clip. It can be powered by either the included 2 AA batteries or the optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery, which uses the Shure SBC 10-903 charger (battery and charger sold separately). Either battery type can provide up to 8 hours of operation time. The Transmitter top panel features a 4.5" fixed antenna, a 4-pin TA4F socket for the microphone, On/Off slide-switch, and a Power LED that will light green when On and red for a low battery. One side-panel includes the IR Sync window while the other side-panel includes Menu and Enter buttons. A front-panel LCD screen can display the Home screen selection, as well as display menu options, which include:
- Home Screen: One of four Home Screen displays can be selected using the Menu and Enter buttons:
- Channel Name (default: Shure), Group & Channel, Battery level.
- Channel Name, Frequency, Battery level.
- Channel Name, Battery level, Group & Channel.
- Channel Name, Battery level.
- High Pass: Lets you activate a built-in high-pass filter.
- Auto Lock: Used to lock all controls on the Transmitter (On/Off).
- Lock Type: Determines features locked by Auto Lock. Menu only or Menu & Power.
- RF Power: Used for selecting the RF transmitting power setting. Options are:
- Lo: 1mW
- Hi: 10mW
- Mic Offset dB: This is used to match audio levels between two transmitters used in a combo system. Range is 0 to 21dB in 3dB increments.
- Battery Type: Allows you to select the installed AA battery type to ensure accurate battery power metering. Options include: Alkaline, NiMH (nickel metal hydride), or Lithium (non-rechargeable, 1.5V max). If an optional Shure SB903 rechargeable battery is installed, the Battery Type will automatically be selected and the menu option won't be available.
- About: Displays firmware, hardware, and band information.
Compatibility: The Shure SLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter is designed to work with Shure SLXD4 and SLXD4D wireless receivers.
- Frequency Band: 514-558 MHz (H55)
- RF Output Power: 1mW or 10mW
- Occupied Bandwidth: < 200kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Mic Offset Range: 0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery Type: (2) AA Batteries (1.5A) included, optional Shure SB903 rechargeable, or Li-Ion (non-rechargeable).
- Battery Runtime: Up to 8 hrs. (Alkaline & SB903)
- Dimensions: Width = 2.68", Height = 3.86"/8.08" (w/antenna), Depth = 1.0"
- Weight: 3.14 oz. (without batteries)