About the Shure SM137
Setting the standard
Setting the standard
It's no exaggeration to refer to Shure's SM Series microphones as the industry standard. SM microphones have been carrying the torch for great sound for decades, at legendary performances live and in the studio. When you want to know you've purchased a microphone that will stand the test of time — whether in durability or in sound quality — look no further than Shure's SM Series.
Versatility for instrument miking
Shure designed the SM137 condenser microphone for a variety of studio instrument miking applications where controlled, accurate sound is a priority. Its flat response captures all the character of acoustic instruments, while its super-thin diaphragm gives you both smooth highs and tight lows. A 15dB attenuator lets you use this mic in high SPL applications.
- designed for use with acoustic instruments and ensembles
- electret condensor microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise rejection and feedback resistance
- gold-plated internal and external connectors
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -41 dBV/Pa
- output impedance: 150 ohms
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- weight: 8.9 oz
- male XLR connector
- storage bag
- adjustable stand adapter
- 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SM137-LC
What's in the box:
- Stand adapter
- 5/8" to 3/8" Brass thread adapter
- Vinyl carry case
- Hook and loop cable tie
- Owners manual (Eng / Span / Fren and Others)
- Warranty card
- Safety and Warnings
More details on the Shure SM137
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SM137 is a versatile condenser probe microphone, with a flat frequency response, that makes it ideal for both acoustic and amplified instruments. It features an ultra-thin diaphragm that combines a smooth high-end with tight, controlled low-end. Also included, is a switchable 15 dB pad for miking high SPL sources, as well as a discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and minimal harmonic distortion.
Polar Pattern: The SM137 has a cardioid polar pattern, which has maximum sound pickup directly in front of it, slightly less pickup from the sides, and no pickup from the rear of the mic.
Attenuation Pad: Miking loud sound sources or placing a mic extremely close to an instrument can subject the diaphragm to very high sound pressure levels which may cause audible distortion. To help remedy this, the SM137 has a switchable 15 dB pad. When 0 dB is selected, the maximum SPL is 144 dB, while the -15 dB setting allows a maximum SPL of 159 dB.
Connection: Gold-plated, balanced, 3-pin male XLR connector.
Phantom Power: Since the SM137 is a condenser microphone, it requires +48 VDC of phantom power.
- Capsule: Electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -41 dBV/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 144 dB (0 attenuation), 159 dB (15 dB attenuation)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC
- Connector Type: 3-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: Diameter - 1.091", Length - 6.397"
- Weight: 8.9 oz.