About the Shure SRH1540
Premium-grade and studio-ready
Premium-grade and studio-ready
Shure's solidly crafted SRH1540 over-ear headphones aren't loaded down with bells and whistles. Instead, the nearly century-old audio company focused on delivering clear, rich sound in a comfortable, lightweight headphone that you can wear for long hours of tracking in the recording studio or listening on your home stereo. The closed-back earcups help isolate external sounds and keep your music from leaking out into your surroundings.
Shure's SRH1540 headphones feature durable carbon-fiber earcup caps and a heavy-duty aluminum headband yoke.
Design details and helpful extras
Shure uses an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy headband yoke and tough carbon-fiber earcup caps to give these 'phones durability, while keeping the weight down. (At just 10.1 oz., these are on the light side for closed-back over-ears.) The SRH1540 features ear pads covered in a soft, suede-like Alcantara® material, and an extra set of replacement ear pads are included in the box. You also get an extra two-sided headphone cable, plus a zippered travel case.
Headphone amplifier recommended
For the best performance with the SRH1540s, we suggest using a headphone amp, rather than just your phone.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation
- 40mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets produce rich bass and clear, extended highs
- heavy-duty construction
- aircraft-grade aluminum headband yoke
- durable carbon-fiber earcup caps
- steel driver frame eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance
- soft padding on headband and ear pads for long-lasting comfort
- includes two sets of comfortable Alcantara® ear pads (1 installed, 1 replacement)
- includes two detachable 6-foot cables with 3.5mm stereo connectors
- zippered travel case and 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 46 ohms
- weight: 10.1 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRH1540
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- Extra pair of Alcantara ear pads
- Two 6' Straight audio cables (straight 3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- Zippered storage case
- 2 Zippered cable pouches
- User Guide
- Safety Precautions card
More details on the Shure SRH1540
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.56" x 4.402"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-25k Hz|
|Cord Length||72" + 72"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones are designed for professional audio engineers, audiophiles, and in-studio musicians who demand accuracy and performance. The headphones have 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers that provide a superior acoustic performance with clear highs and powerful lows. The SRH1540 comes with two 6' straight cords, a 1/4" adapter, an extra set of ear pads, and a zippered hard storage case.
Headphone Construction: The headphones have an over-the-ear design with a closed back to keep out extraneous sound. The headphones are constructed with a lightweight, aircraft-grade aluminum yoke and carbon fiber cap. The steel driver frame includes a vented center pole piece for better linearity, eliminating internal resonance. The padded, dual frame headband is fully adjustable so you get the best fit for long listening sessions.
Ear Pads: The SRH1540 features two pairs of luxurious Alcantara® ear pads. The low density, slow recovery foam rubber provide exceptional comfort for hours. Additional ear pads may be obtained from the manufacturer (item HPAEC1540), if needed.
Cables: The headphones come with two interchangeable 6' straight cables with a gold-plated 3.5mm straight connector. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" screw-on adapter is provided when you need to connect to mixers or home audio components with a 1/4" headphone jack. The dual-exit cable connects to the headphones with gold-plated MMCX connectors. MMCX connectors provide a secure and reliable connection. A Kevlar®-reinforced jacket and oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors assure you get superior performance.
Storage Case: The SRH1540 comes with a zippered hard case to store the headphones when not in use. The case features the Shure logo on the front.
- Transducer Types: 40mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 25kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 99 dB/mW
- Impedance (1 kHz): 46 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 1000mW
- Net weight: 10.1 ounces (w/o cable)