About the Shure SRH1840
Spacious, detailed headphone sound
The SRH1840 features a lightweight, open-back design.
Spacious, detailed headphone sound
The Shure SRH1840 headphones use premium materials and an open-back design to deliver spacious, highly accurate sound. This comfortable, lightweight pair is ideal for long listening sessions, either with your home stereo system or for mixing and mastering in the studio. (We don't recommend these 'phones for use while recording tracks, because the open-back design allows sound to be picked up by any microphones in the room.)
Design details and helpful extras
Shure uses an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy headband yoke and tough stainless steel earcup grilles to give these 'phones durability, while keeping the weight down. (At just 9.4 oz., these are on the light side for over-ears.) The SRH1840 features soft velour ear pads, and an extra set of replacement pads are even included in the box. You also get an extra two-sided headphone cable, plus a zippered travel case.
Headphone amplifier recommended
For the best performance with the SRH1840s, you'll need a headphone amp. We don't recommend running these headphones just using your phone.
- over-the-ear, open-back design for natural, spacious sound
- 40mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets produce rich bass and clear, extended highs
- requires a separate headphone amplifier for optimum performance
- heavy-duty construction
- aircraft-grade aluminum headband yoke
- stainless steel earcup grilles
- steel driver frame eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance
- soft padding on headband and ear pads for long-lasting comfort
- includes two sets of comfortable velour ear pads (1 installed, 1 replacement)
- includes two detachable 6.9-foot cables with 3.5mm stereo connectors
- zippered travel case and 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 65 ohms
- weight: 9.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRH1840
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- Extra pair of Velour ear pads
- Two 6' Straight audio cables (straight 3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- Instructional Manual
- Safety Precautions card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SRH1840
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.525" x 4.411"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|Cord Length||72" + 72"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SRH1840 Premium Open-Back Headphones are designed for professional audio engineers, audiophiles, and in-studio musicians who need accuracy and performance. The headphones have individually matched 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers that provide a superior acoustic performance with smooth, extended highs and accurate bass. The SRH1840 comes with two 6' straight cords, a 1/4" adapter, an extra set of ear pads, and a zippered hard storage case.
Headphone Construction: The headphones have an over-the-ear design with an open back to for an open, "airy" sound. The headphones are constructed with a lightweight, aircraft-grade aluminum yoke and carbon fiber cap. Stainless steel grilles on the outside of the earcup give the headphones a natural, open feel. The steel driver frame includes a vented center pole piece for better linearity, eliminating internal resonance. The padded, dual frame headband is fully adjustable so you get the best fit for long listening sessions.
Ear Pads: The SRH1840 features two pairs of soft velour ear pads. The low density, slow recovery foam rubber provide exceptional comfort for hours. Additional ear pads may be obtained from the manufacturer (item HPAEC1840), if needed.
Cables: The headphones come with two interchangeable 6' straight cables with a gold-plated 3.5mm straight connector. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" screw-on adapter is provided when you need to connect to mixers or home audio components with a 1/4" headphone jack. The dual-exit cable connects to the headphones with gold-plated MMCX connectors. MMCX connectors provide a secure and reliable connection. A Kevlar®-reinforced jacket and oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors assure you get superior performance.
Storage Case: The SRH1840 comes with a zippered hard case to store the headphones when not in use. The case features a raised Shure logo on the front.
- Transducer Types: 40mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 96 dB/mW
- Impedance (1 kHz): 65 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 1000mW
- Net weight: 9.4 ounces (w/o cable)