About the Shure SRH940
Reference-caliber sound for the studio
Reference-caliber sound for the studio
When you reach for your headphones in the recording studio, you need to know they're going to perform. The Shure SRH940 headphones should give you plenty of confidence. When you place these comfortable headphones over your ears, you can expect balanced response across the entire audio spectrum. Get used to hearing airy high-end extension, silky smooth midrange, and gripping bass. The 40mm dynamic drivers also offer superior transient response, which means they can reproduce your music with accuracy and minimal distortion. Use these headphones for mixing and mastering in the studio, monitoring your instrumental performance, or indulging in some serious critical listening at home.
Keep the noise down
Like most studio headphones, the SRH940s feature an over-the-ear, closed-back design. By fitting entirely over your ears, the velour earpads offer excellent noise isolation in addition to superior comfort. Your music stays in your ears and out of live microphones, while external sounds stay out of your monitor mix. This allows you to focus on only what you're supposed to be hearing, whether you're laying down a track, evaluating a performance, or performing the delicate art of mixing.
Two cables and convenient storage
These headphones offer some other premium touches to go along with their fine sound quality and noise isolation. You'll find two extra-long detachable cables in the box — one coiled and one straight. There is also a set of replacement velour earpads, so you can keep going back to these durable headphones even after the installed earpads begin to lose some of their cushion. Swiveling earcups and a collapsible design make for easy storage when you're traveling or commuting. The included hard-shell carrying case will help keep them safe, so you won't have to fear toting them back and forth between home and the studio.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers
- includes two detachable cables: 118" (coiled) and 98" (straight)
- cables lock securely in left earcup to prevent accidental disconnection
- soft padding on headband and earpads for long-lasting comfort
- folding design with swiveling earcups for easy storage
- 1/8" miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter and hard-shell travel case included
- includes extra set of velour earpads
- frequency response: 5-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 42 ohms
- weight: 11 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRH940
What's in the box:
- Over-the-ear headphones (silver)
- Replacement velour ear cushions
- 9.84' Coiled cable (locking 2.5mm sub mini plug on headphone end and a 3.5mm plug on device end)
- 8.2' Straight cable (locking 2.5mm sub mini plug on headphone end and a 3.5mm plug on device end)
- Screw-on 1/4" Adapter
- Zippered storage case
- Headphone User Guide
- Safety Precautions card
Shure SRH940 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure SRH940
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.597" x 4.282"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-30k Hz|
|Cord Length||118" + 98"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure SRH940 Professional Studio Headphones are designed for professional audio engineers and in-studio talent. They reproduce accurate audio across an extended frequency range with smooth high-end extension and tight bass. The SRH940 comes with a 9.8' coiled cord, an 8.2' straight cord, an extra set of ear pads, a 1/4" adapter, and a zippered carrying case.
Earcups: The headphones have an over-the-ear design with a closed back to keep out extraneous sound. Two pairs of soft velour ear pads (HPAEC940) are included, and additional ear pads are also available from the manufacturer.
Coiled & Straight Cables: The HPACA1 coiled OFC cable is approximately 54" in length, and stretches to 9.8'. The straight cable (HPASCA1) is 8.2' in length. Both cables have a bayonet-style locking clip to keep the cable from accidentally disconnecting. They have a 3.5mm plug, and come with a threaded 1/4" adapter.
Storage Case: The SRH940s come with a zippered case to store the headphones when not in use. The headphones fold for easy storage. The case features the Shure logo on the front.
- Transducer Types: 40mm dynamic with neodymium magnets
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 42 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 1000mW
- Net weight: 11.4 ounces (w/o cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?