About the Stem Hub Express
The "brain" of a Stem Ecosystem network
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
The Stem Hub Express allows you to create a network of devices in the Stem Ecosystem. The Stem Speaker, Stem Ceiling and Stem Control shown here are all sold separately.
The "brain" of a Stem Ecosystem network
The Stem Hub Express is the central input/output device that lets you build a Stem Ecosystem™ business conferencing setup. It connects to your network and can send audio to an amplifier or up to 10 active speakers in one room. It uses a single cable to efficiently connect to your network and power the device via Power over Ethernet (PoE).
The Hub Express is compatible with a variety of popular conferencing platforms and operating systems. Its slim design is ideal for mounting on a tabletop, or on-wall using the included hardware.
Part of the Stem Ecosystem
The Stem Ecosystem includes several additional pieces for enhancing teleconferences and remote meetings, including:
- Stem Table — tabletop speaker/microphone for teleconferencing
- Stem Ceiling — a ceiling-mounted array of microphones with three selectable coverage patterns
- Stem Wall — a wall-mounted sound bar with microphones and speakers for teleconferencing
- Stem Speaker — a versatile speaker that can be stand-mounted on a table, placed on-wall, or ceiling mounted
- Stem Control — a 10-inch touchscreen that lets you control your entire Stem Ecosystem network
- connections for your network and PC
- add up to 10 Stem Ecosystem™-compatible speakers in one room
- sleek design for low-profile tabletop or on-wall mounting
- compatible with Kensington lock for physical security
- compatible operating systems: Windows® 98 and up, Linux, and macOS®
- PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) required
- Ethernet port (for networking and Power over Ethernet)
- 15-foot Ethernet cable included
- USB Type-B port for videoconferencing with your PC
- 12-foot USB-A to USB-B cable included
- 5-pin Phoenix-style terminal block for connecting external amplifiers and speakers
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7" diameter x 1-1/2" height
- weight: 8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HUBX1
What's in the box:
- Hub Express
- 12' USB Cable (type-A to type-B)
- 15' Ethernet cable
- 5-Pin Terminal block connector
- Two 1-1/2" screws
- 2 Drywall anchors
- User guide
- Quality certificate
- User agreement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Stem Hub Express
Overview: The Stem Hub Express is part of the Stem Ecosystem, designed for meeting spaces and teleconferencing. The Stem Hub Express acts as the hub or central point for up to ten networked speakers, microphone arrays, and control devices, allowing multiple devices to communicate with each other and function as an ecosystem. The Stem Hub Express centralizes and processes signals from all connected devices and provides a single audio output for the entire room.
Network Connection: A rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet port is used to connect into your existing network, providing data, power, SIP software interfacing, and the ability to communicate with other networked endpoints.
PoE: The Stem Hub Express is completely powered using PoE (Power over Ethernet), eliminating the need for power cables and AC adapters. A single Ethernet (RJ-45) connection is all that's required.
Audio Output: A 5-pin terminal block (Euroblock) connector provides a Left and Right line-level (non-amplified) audio output for running to an amplifier or powered speakers.
USB: A type-B USB port provides the connection to your network for configuration and operation, as well as allowing the whole Stem Ecosystem room configuration to be used for videoconferencing when connected to a computer or laptop. The Stem Hub Express is compatible with Windows 98 and up, Linux, and MacOS.
Setup & Configuration: Once the Stem Hub Express is connected to your network with an Ethernet connection, configuration of the Stem Ecosystem Platform can be made using the Stem Control App, available for iOS and Android devices, or by typing in the Hub Express' IP address in your web browser.
- Organization: The first step in setting up the Stem Hub Express is creating an Organization. This adds an additional layer of security by keeping your Rooms and Devices password protected and preventing unauthorized access to your Stem Ecosystem.
- Adding Devices: Each Stem device that will be connected and used in the Stem Ecosystem must be added to your Organization.
- Rooms: Creating a Room allows all the added devices to work in unison as a single audio endpoint to the Hub Express.
- RoomAdapt: Once a Room is created, you can run the RoomAdapt function. With this, the Hub Express sends out an audio signal that will help analyze the room's acoustics and automatically self-calibrate for optimal performance based on their placement in the room.
- RoomCheck: After running RoomAdapt, RoomCheck is test that analyzes the clarity of your voice from anywhere in the room.
Compatible Stem Ecosystem Devices (sold separately):
- Stem Ceiling: The Stem Ceiling microphone array focuses on who's speaking in the room, while remaining out of sight.
- Stem Speaker: The Stem Speaker is a networked loudspeaker that can be used to expand the current audio anywhere in the room.
- Stem Table: This table-array speakerphone features 9 built-in beamforming microphones, for focusing in on the person presently speaking, and a downward-firing speaker that eliminates feedback from the microphones.
- Stem Wall: The Stem Wall wall-mount speakerphone features 15 beamforming microphones and 2 full-range speakers and subwoofers, allowing everyone in the meeting to be heard.
- Stem Control: The Stem Control 10" touchscreen controller can provide complete access to the Stem platform along with seamless integration with your favorite video conferencing platforms or touch-to-join meetings.