About the Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-88MA
Mix and match eight HDMI sources and displays
Mix and match eight HDMI sources and displays
Have a sports bar or similar commercial venue where you want to show a variety of content across an array of displays? Atlona's AT-HDR-H2H-88MA matrix switcher lets you do exactly that. Send content from eight HDMI sources — like cable boxes or streaming media players — to eight TVs, projectors, or monitors. Show a single source on all eight displays, or show a different source on each one.
This device lets you keep all of your gear in a centralized location, all while making it easy to select sources and control your system.
Flexible selection and control
You can control this rack-mountable matrix switcher a variety of ways. Use the intuitive web-based interface, a third-party IR (infrared) extender system, RS-232, or the included handheld remote control. Instant, seamless source switching lets you easily change up what ballgame, camera feed, or movie you want to display.
Support for audio and video
The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA supports 1080p video transmission up to 30 feet, and 4K video transmission up to 15 feet. You can also send an analog audio signal to an external amplifier, thanks to HDMI audio de-embedding for each input.
- HDMI matrix switcher with 8 inputs and 8 outputs
- ideal for displaying sporting events or digital signage in small- to medium-sized bars, restaurants, or other retail spaces
- connect HDMI sources like Blu-ray players, cable or satellite boxes, security systems, or streaming devices
- front-panel input selector buttons
- supports resolutions up to 4K/60fps (18Gbps maximum bandwidth)
- compatible with HDR (High Dynamic Range) content
- supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
- send a 4K signal up to 15 feet away
- send a 1080p signal up to 30 feet away
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X®
- HDMI audio de-embedding for each input
- send an audio signal to an external amplifier to drive speakers for a given display
- eight 4-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock connectors included
- manages EDID communications ("HDMI handshake") between your sources and your display
- supports third-party RS-232 controllers and IR (infrared) extender systems
- includes IR remote control for easy source switching
- intuitive web-based control interface lets you configure network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID and HDCP management, and audio settings
- rack-mountable with included brackets
- rear-panel mini-B USB port for updating the unit's firmware
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 17-1/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 10"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 8.8 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-HDR-H2H-88MA
What's in the box:
- 8x8 HDMI Matrix switcher
- One 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector
- Four 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- IR Remote control
- 4 Feet w/ screws
- 24VDC Power supply
- 2 Rack ears w/ screws
- Installation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-88MA
Overview: The Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-88MA is an 8x8 HDMI Matrix Switcher designed to pass High Dynamic Range (HDR) video formats from up to 8 sources out to up to 8 displays. The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports 4K/UHD video @60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling and HDMI data rates up to 18Gbps. It's compatible with all video resolutions, audio formats, and color space formats supported in the HDMI 2.0b specification, and can send HDMI CEC display control independently to each output. Other features include:
- HDR10&Dolby Vision: Compatible with 4K HDR10 and Dolby Vision @60Hz, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for 60p HDR broadcast services.
- EDID: The Matrix Switcher manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided.
- HDCP: The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA is HDCP 2.2 compliant, allowing copy-protected content to pass from Input to Output.
- HDMI Audio: The Matrix Switcher supports pass-thru of multi-channel audio formats including: PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-HD Master Audio, and DTS:X.
- Firmware Update: A rear-panel mini-B USB port can be used for updating the unit's firmware.
Applications: The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA is designed for both commercial and residential applications.
- Residential: Residential installations include distributing an Ultra HD Blu-ray or other HD signal to multiple televisions or projectors in an AV system.
- TV Showrooms: The Matrix Switcher can be used for properly demonstrating 4K and HDR programming in a retail environment.
- Professional AV: The Matrix Switcher is ideal for conferences and presentations requiring highly detailed 4K graphics, 3D renderings, simulations, and more.
Audio Outputs: The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA features 8 unbalanced audio outputs, one for each input source, comprised of 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors. The switcher can extract 2-channel PCM audio from its corresponding input and pass it out to an outboard amplifier or processor (not included).
- Note: Only 2-channel PCM signals can be decoded to the audio outputs. For decoding and downmixing Dolby and DTS audio, the Atlona AT-HDR-M2C or the AT-HDR-M2C-QUAD audio converters can be purchased separately.
Configuration: The Atlona Matrix Switcher features an integrated web server and webGUI for menu-based configuration and control using the Atlona Management System (AMS). This built-in remote management software lets you configure network settings, RS-232 settings, matrix switching, EDID & HDCP management, and audio settings, via a computer connected to the rear-panel Ethernet LAN port.
Control: In addition to the aforementioned TCP/IP control using the AMS software, the AT-HDR-H2H-88MA also includes a 5-pin Euroblock connector, that supports both RS-232 and IR commands, for controlling the Matrix Switcher from a third-party controller.
Mounting: The AT-HDR-H2H-88MA includes hardware for rack-mounting and takes up 1U of rack height. Four feet are also provided for table-top use.
Power: The Altona Matrix Switcher includes an AC power supply that outputs +24VDC/2.7A and attaches to a rear-panel via a proprietary 4-pin plug.
- Video: 4096x2160 @24/25/30/50/60Hz, 3840x2160 @24/25/30/50/60Hz, 2048x1080p, 1080p @23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60Hz, 1080i @50/59.94/60Hz, 720p @50/59.94/60Hz, 576p, 576i, 480p, and 480i
- VESA: 2560x2048, 2560x1600, 2048x1536, 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1400x1050, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1152x768, 1024x768, 800x600, and 640x480
- Color Space: YUV, RGB
- Chroma Subsampling: 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0
- Color Depth: 8-Bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit
- HDR: HDR10 and Dolby Vision @60Hz.
- Audio Pass-Thru:
- HDMI: PCM 2Ch, LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital +, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X
- Sample Rate: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz
- Bit Rate: Up to 24-bit
- Audio Outputs: 2-Channel PCM
- HDMI Cable Distances:
- HDMI In/Out @4K: Up to 15'
- HDMI In/Out @1080p: Up to 30'
- Bandwidth: 18Gbps
- CEC: Yes
- HDCP: 2.2 Compliant
- Operating Temperature: 32˚F to 122˚F
- Power Consumption: 43.3W (21.7W @ idle)
- Power Supply:
- Input: 110-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Output: +24VDC, 2.7A
- Dimensions: Width = 17.24", Height = 1.730", Depth = 10.0"
- Weight: 8.81 lbs.