About the Atlona Omega™ ST31A
Video switching for business conferencing
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Video switching for business conferencing
The Atlona Omega™ ST31A makes it easy for meeting participants — in-person or joining remotely — to share content. It offers wired connections for source devices, with mirrored outputs for display screens at up to 4K resolution. And it's compatible with Zoom, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and other popular teleconferencing apps.
This device offers some convenient ways to connect and share. For starters, there's a handy Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network, which lets you use the switcher's built-in browser-based interface for setup and management.
There's a USB Type-C connector and two HDMI inputs for video sources. An HDMI output lets you connect to a high-res video display screen. The HDMI output passes audio, but you can also use the 5-pin Phoenix-style output on the back panel to pass de-embedded audio to an amp or active speaker system. An HDBaseT output carries the same signal as the HDMI output, delivering power, data, audio, and video to a compatible receiving device via Ethernet cable. And you can remotely control the system via the RS-232 port.
- flexible switching for videoconferencing, networked A/V systems, and more
- LED lights indicate which source is active
- compatible with popular teleconferencing apps: Zoom, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and more
- supports up to 4K video resolution @ 60Hz via HDMI and USB-C inputs
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, and HLG
- powered by PoE (power over Ethernet) via HDBaseT port or optional external power supply (not included)
- can be surface-mounted with included hardware
- front-panel mini USB Type-B port for firmware updates
- USB-C audio/video input for connecting and charging a compatible PC, smartphone, or tablet (cable included)
- two HDMI inputs for connecting high-resolution video sources
- one HDMI output for connecting to compatible display screen
- 4K downscaling to 1080p
- can de-embed two-channel PCM audio from any video source
- RJ-45 HDBaseT output delivers power, data, audio, and video to a compatible device
- HDMI and HDBaseT outputs carry the same signal
- 5-pin Phoenix-style audio output for passing de-embedded audio to an amp or active speaker
- 3-pin Phoenix-style connector for RS-232 remote control
- Ethernet LAN port for connecting to a network
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-5/8"W x 1-1/16"H x 6"D
- weight: 1.95 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-OME-ST31A
What's in the box:
- 3x1 HDBaseT transmitter/switcher
- USB-C Cable
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Screws
- Installation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlona Omega™ ST31A
Overview: The Atlona AT-OME-ST31A is a 3x1 HDBaseT switcher with 1 USB-C and 2 HDMI inputs with mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs. The AT-OME-ST31A lets you transmit 4K @60Hz (4:2:0) video plus embedded audio and Ethernet up to 330 feet via HDBaseT signal extension using CAT6, CAT6a, or CAT7 cable (sold separately).
Switcher/Transmitter: The AT-OME-ST31A features 2 HDMI, 1 USB-C, and an Ethernet (LAN) input that can be transmitted out the single HDBaseT connection to a compatible Atlona Receiver (sold separately). An HDMI output lets you monitor transmitted signals locally.
- Inputs: All inputs and the local HDMI output can support 4K HDR and 4K @60Hz (4:4:4) at HDMI data rates up to 18Gbps.
- HDBaseT Output: Video signals up to 4K @60Hz (4:2:0) plus embedded audio, control, and Ethernet can be transmitted out the HDBaseT connection.
4K Downscaling: 4K downscaling to 1080p @60/30/24Hz is available for the HDMI Output when connected to an HD sink (sold separately).
Multi-Channel Audio: The AT-OME-ST31A can pass-through multi-channel audio formats, supporting PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-HD Master Audio, and DTS:X.
Audio De-Embedding: The AT-OME-ST31A can provide a 2-channel PCM analog audio output (line-level) via a 5-pin Euroblock connector, for connection to an outboard amplifier or powered speakers.
Auto-Switching: The Switcher/Transmitter will automatically select an input source based on detection of the 5 volt Hot Plug Detect (HDP) signal when the unit is powered on. A front-panel Input Select button lets you override the auto-switching feature when more than one active source is connected.
PoE: The AT-OME-ST31A receives power via Power over Ethernet (PoE) from a connected compatible Receiver, eliminating the need for a separate power connection. An optional +24V power supply (sold separately) can also be used, if not powering through the Ethernet connection.
- Note: Never connect Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports on one device to non-powered Ethernet ports on other devices or damage may occur. PoE ports are designated BLUE, all other color Ethernet ports are non-PoE.
TCP/IP & RS-232 Control: The AT-OME-ST31A features flexible control options for compatibility with the Atlona Velocity control system, as well as other third-party control systems (not included). A 3-pin RS-232 connector is provided for RS-232 control.
EDID: The Atlona Switcher/Transmitter manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided.
HDCP Management: The AT-OME-ST31A is HDCP 2.2 compliant and automatically reports HDCP compliance status to the source, allowing non-protected material from from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconferencing systems. Protected content is not transmitted. The Switcher/Transmitter will output a green splash-screen as a visual indication that protected content is being blocked from transmission to a non-compliant display.
Firmware Update: A mini-B USB port on the Switcher/Transmitter can be used for updating the firmware.
Mounting: The AT-OME-ST31A includes 2 brackets for mounting the Switcher/Transmitter to a vertical or horizontal flat surface. The unit can also be simply placed on a horizontal surface without the brackets.
Power: An optional AC power supply (sold separately), with a +24VDC/3A output, can be used if not powering the Switcher/Transmitter via PoE.
- Video: 4096x2160 @24/25/30/50/60Hz, 3840x2160 @24/25/30/50/60Hz, 2048x1080p, 1080p @23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60Hz, 1080i @50/59.94/60Hz, 720p @50/59.94/60Hz, 720x576p @50Hz, 720x576i @50Hz, 640x480p @60/59.96Hz, and 640x480i @60Hz
- VESA (all @60Hz): 2560x2048, 2560x1600, 2048x1536, 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1400x1050, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1152x768, 1024x768, 800x600, and 640x480
- Scaler (HDMI Output):
Input Output 4K @24Hz 1080p @24Hz 4K @30Hz 1080p @30Hz 4K @60Hz (4:2:0) 1080p @60Hz (YUV/RGB, 4:4:4) Scaler Pass-Through (HDMI Output) 4K @60Hz 4K @60Hz
- Color Space: YUV, RGB
- Chroma Subsampling: 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0
- Color Depth: 8-Bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit
- HDR: HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision @60Hz.
- Pass-Through Formats: PCM 2.0, LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X
- Sample Rate: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz
- Bit Rate: Up to 24-bit
- Audio Output (Balanced): 2-Channel stereo, +4dBu (nominal) / +20dBu (headroom)
- Cable Distances:
- CAT5e @4K: Up to 295'
- CAT6/6a/7 @4K: Up to 330'
- CAT5e @1080p: Up to 330'
- CAT6/6a/7 @1080p: Up to 330'
- HDMI In/Out @4K: Up to 15'
- HDMI In/Out @1080p: Up to 30'
- Bandwidth: 10Gbps
- HDCP: 2.2 Compliant
- Operating Temperature: 32˚F to 113˚F
- Power Consumption:
- With USB Charging: 101.5W
- Without USB Charging: 24.2W
- Dimensions: Width = 8.62", Height = 1.02", Depth = 5.98"
- Weight: 1.95 lbs.