About the Atlona Gain™ 60
A compact amplifier for your conference room
A compact amplifier for your conference room
The Atlona Gain™ 60 is a compact amplifier that can power a few speakers in a small space, or can be used as a zone amplifier in a larger system. It offers 60 watts in a single output channel for 24-, 70- and 100-volt systems. The amp is plenum rated so it can be hidden away in a drop ceiling. And it can be remotely controlled via its own built-in web GUI or with a third-party RS-232 control system, which makes it ideal for conference rooms.
The back panel of the amp features a balanced Euroblock input and an unbalanced stereo RCA input. There's a Euroblock output for two-channel output at 4 or 8 ohms, and a separate balanced output for distributed mono output. A LAN port lets you make a wired connection to your local network.
- 1 x 60 watts @ 24, 70, or 100 volts
- 2 x 30 watts @ 4 or 8 ohms
- independent bass and treble controls
- efficient Class D amplifier
- integrated protection circuitry prevents clipping, short circuit, and thermal overload
- built-in web GUI allows intuitive management of advanced settings using your computer
- front-panel button controls for input selection, mute, and volume control
- front-panel status LEDs for power, input selection, mute, and real-time volume level
- rear-panel input gain control
- external universal power supply included
- Energy Star® certified
- UL 2043 plenum rated for installation in a drop ceiling
- LAN input for connecting to a network
- 5-pin Euroblock Audio 1 input
- stereo RCA input for stereo or mono sources
- 4-pin Euroblock for 4 or 8 ohm output
- 2-pin Euroblock for 24V, 70V or 100V output
- 3-pin Euroblock for RS-232 serial bus
- unwired Euro-block connectors are included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 5"W x 1-3/4"H x 8"D
- weight: 3.15 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-GAIN-60
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- AC Power supply (28VDC/3.4A output)
- Four Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors (2-pin / 3-pin / 4-pin / and 5-pin)
- Installation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlona Gain™ 60
Overview: The Atlona Gain 60 (AT-GAIN-60) is a compact power amplifier designed for use in either 24/70/100 volt or 4Ω/8Ω (low impedance) systems. It provides both balanced and unbalanced inputs, and a 2 x 30W output for low impedance connections or a single 60W output channel for 24/70/100V applications. A built-in web GUI allows for IP-based configuration and control along with TCP/IP and RS-232 connections for remote control of volume, muting, and tone controls. The Gain 60 is designed to be energy efficient, carrying an ENERGY STAR certification, and is UL2043 plenum rated for installation in drop ceilings.
Applications: The Gain 60 is an ideal compact amplifier for meeting and A/V conference rooms, classrooms, retail installations, and other commercial and educational applications.
Amplifier: The Atlona Gain 60 features a compact, energy efficient Class D amplifier that can be used in either high- or low-impedance applications. The Gain 60 can provide the following output power:
- 4Ω or 8Ω: 2 x 30W
- 24V, 70V, or 100V: 1 x 60W
Protection: The Gain 60 is convection cooled and includes integrated protection circuitry that automatically activates if it detects a short circuit, thermal overload, signal clipping, or other fault.
Connections&Controls: Two audio input channels are provided, along with 2 output types. Only one of each can be used at a time.
- Inputs: A 5-pin Euroblock connector provides a stereo line-level input, either balanced or unbalanced. A stereo pair of unbalanced RCA jacks provides the second input source.
- Outputs: A 2-pin Euroblock connector
provides a single high-impedance connection and a 4-pin Euroblock connector
can provide a 2-channel low-impedance output. A corresponding 5-way
slide-switch lets you determine the type of output that will be used, with
selections for 24V, 70V, 100V, 4Ω, and 8Ω.
- Note: The amplifier cannot output from both the high- and low-impedance connections simultaneously.
- Input Gain: A rotary control provides the input gain with a range from 0dB to -22dB.
- Input Selector: A push-button lets you select either of the input sources. Two corresponding LEDs will light green, indicating the source, 1 or 2.
- Mute: The output signal can be manually muted. A red LED will light when activated.
- Volume: Up and Down arrows provide volume adjustment.
- Output Meter: An 8 segment LED meter displays the output signal level. The lower 5 segments light green, the next 2 segments light yellow, indicating the signal is reaching peak level, and a final red LED that lights if the signal clips.
- Power LED: Lights solid green when the amp is active and amber when in standby mode.
- LAN: A rear-panel Ethernet port provides a connection to your LAN (Local Area Network).
- RS-232: A 3-pin Euroblock connector lets you connect an RS-232 controller or automation system. This lets you remotely change the Input Source, Bass&Treble, Mute, and Reset (resets these settings).
Automatic Activation: The Atlona Gain 60 amplifier can be set for Auto Power On mode, which will automatically power on the amp when it detects an audio signal on either Input 1 or 2. The following lists the minimum frequency and voltage for each type of input needed to activate the amp:
- Balanced Input: 1kHz / 3mV
- Unbalanced Input: 1kHz / 1.5mV
Auto Power Down Mode: This feature will automatically power down the Gain 60 after a specified time interval with no signal present on either input. Auto Power Down time can be set from 5 to 20 minutes of inactivity, with the default setting at 15 minutes.
Panel Lock: The Gain 60's front panel controls can be locked from the settings menu, preventing tampering or accidental changes to the controls.
Web GUI: The Atlona Gain 60 amplifier includes a built-in web GUI (Graphical User Interface) that lets you easily setup and configure features, as well as provide remote control of parameters via TCP/IP. The Gain 60 comes defaulted with DHCP enabled, letting the server (if present) automatically assign the amp an IP address when connected to a local network. A static IP address will be assigned if the Gain 60 doesn't detect a DHCP server within 15 seconds, and can manually be switched to Static IP mode using the Input button on the front panel. The following is the default configuration, when manually or automatically switched to Static IP mode:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.254
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Factory Reset: All of the Atlona Gain 60 parameters can be reset back to the factory default settings, either through the GUI settings menu or from the rear-panel Reset button.
Mounting: The Atlona Gain 60 amplifier has a low profile, at 5"x1.69"x7.95", it's compact enough to be easily be placed on a shelf or hidden in an equipment closet. The amp is also UL2043 plenum rated for installation in drop ceilings. An optional rack-mount kit is available (sold separately) that allows up to 3 Atlona Gain 60 amps to be mounted side-by-side in an equipment rack.
- Balanced: (1) 5-Pin Euroblock (L/R)
- Unbalanced: (1 Pair) RCA
- Output Connections:
- 4Ω/8Ω: 4-Pin Euroblock
- 24V/70V/100V: 2-Pin Euroblock
- Output Power:
- 4Ω/8Ω: 30W x 2
- 24V/70V/100V: 60W
- Input Impedance:
- Balanced: 20kΩ
- Unbalanced: 10kΩ
- Input Gain: Adjustable, -22dB to 0dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, ±0.2 / -2dB @4Ω
- THD + N: <0.1% @ 1kHz, 3db below clipping
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dBA WTD
- Damping Factor: <48 @8Ω
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Certifications: CE, RoHS, WEEE, FCC, ENERGY STAR, UL2034
- Operating Temperature: 32˚F - 122˚F
- Storage Temperature: -40˚F - 158˚F
- Dimensions: W = 5.0", H = 1.69", D = 7.95"
- Weight: 3.15 lbs.