About the Atlona WAVE-101
The heart of your business conferencing system
The heart of your business conferencing system
The WAVE-101 wireless receiver is a do-it-all hub for building a powerful, flexible conferencing system. It allows up to four presenters to wirelessly connect their personal devices and present content in high resolution on a large screen. You can configure and manage additional WAVE units via AMS (Atlona Management System™) for a larger expanded system.
Dynamic Layout Mode™ automatically adapts to incoming source content, and Instructor Mode allows the meeting organizer to stream and manage content, adjust audio volume, and switch between layouts. 64GB of internal media storage lets you store media files locally.
The WAVE-101 has a Gigabit Ethernet port on the back panel for connecting to your network, plus an HDMI output for sending presentations to a compatible TV or display screen. The front panel features two USB ports for connecting a computer or thumb drive. Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth let meeting participants connect wirelessly.
The WAVE-101 is compatible with a Kensington lock, so it can be physically secured to your conference room table. Wireless security protocols include WPA2-PSK with AES-128 encryption, randomly generated passwords and PIN codes, and a configurable firewall.
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE
- allows simultaneous content sharing for up to four presenters
- wireless screen casting via AirPlay®, Google Cast™, or Miracast™ protocols
- supports wireless video streaming at up to 1080p resolution
- live streaming via YouTube™
- compatible with iOS®, Android™, Mac®, Chromebook™, and Windows® devices
- Dynamic Layout Mode™ automatically adapts to incoming source content
- Instructor Mode allows a user to stream and manage content, adjust audio volume, and switch between layouts
- 64GB internal media storage
- supports cloud-based digital signage
- selectable Wi-Fi access point mode with built-in firewall creates a wireless network other devices can connect to
- security features:
- WPA2-PSK with AES-128 encryption
- configurable firewall
- randomly generated passwords and PIN codes
- compatible with Kensington lock for physical security
- configure and manage additional WAVE units with AMS (Atlona Management System™)
- built-in cooling fan with heat sink
- Ethernet port and HDMI output on back panel
- Type-A USB 2.0 and Type-A USB 3.0 on front panel
Dimensions and warranty:
- 2-13/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight: 9.12 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-WAVE-101
What's in the box:
- Interface module
- USB WiFi dongle
- AC Power supply w/attached N. Am outlet adapter and 58" DC cable (12VDC/2A output)
- UK & EU Outlet adapters
- Mounting plate
- Two 1/4" mounting screws
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Atlona WAVE-101
Overview: The Atlona AT-WAVE-101 wireless presentation and collaboration platform lets you easily share content from iOS, Android, Mac, Chromebook, and Windows devices, with up to four users able to share content simultaneously on-screen. An Instructor Mode lets one person manage presenters and select which device or devices will be displayed. The AT-WAVE-101 wireless BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) interfacing is simply enabled through the device's native casting protocol, such as AirPlay, Google Cast, or Miracast, without the need for installing an app. An HDMI output port provides the video connection to a display panel or TV for viewing cast content. Other convenient features for both integrators and end users include, programmable display control, displaying user-uploaded images and video media, YouTube Live Streaming, support for cloud-based digital signage applications, and more.
Applications: The Atlona AT-WAVE-101 can be used in a wide variety of commercial, educational, and business applications, including:
- Classrooms: The AT-WAVE-101 includes features that are ideal for classroom instruction, such as managing multiple student presenters, the ability to broadcast an instruction session live over YouTube, and playback of multimedia or YouTube source content.
- Meeting & Gathering Spaces: The Atlona wireless presentation platform features a compact form that can be discreetly mounted near an available display panel, making it an ideal choice for ad-hoc collaboration sessions where presenters can share content through simple welcome-screen instructions, including a PIN code for security.
- AV System Add-On: The AT-WAVE-101 can be added to an AV switcher or matrix switcher, adding wireless BYOD from multiple participants to an already existing AV system.
Wireless BYOD Connectivity: The Atlona AT-WAVE-101 can interface with iOS, Android, Chromebook, or Windows devices via WiFi, allowing screen mirroring from up to four devices without the need for installing an app. The AT-WAVE-101 can serve as an integrated, dual-band access point, using the included USB-WiFi dongle, or be networked into an existing WiFi installation. The wireless presentation module can provide simultaneous WiFi and Miracast (WiFi Direct). It also supports Miracast Over Infrastructure, allowing Miracast over a facility WiFi network or LAN, rather than over a direct wireless link. The AT-WAVE-101 supports wireless video up to 1080p @30Hz (4:2:0), and up to 1080p @60Hz with Miracast. Atlona's patent-pending Dynamic Layout Mode technology automatically adapts to incoming or disconnected source content to optimize the way content is presented on-screen.
- Only one Miracast device connection is available at a time when a wireless P2P (Peer to Peer) connection is made to the AT-WAVE-101.
- Casting is not supported for apps with protected content (DRM), such as Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max.
Connections & Controls:
- HDMI Out: Provides the video output signal to a connected display panel or TV.
- USB 3.0 & 2.0: Two USB-A ports are provided (3.0 and 2.0) that can be used for connecting the provided USB-WiFi dongle, letting you create a wireless access point. The USB ports can also be used along with an optional USB-to-RS-232 adapter (sold separately) for controlling the AT-WAVE-101. Both USB ports are compatible with USB hubs for expanding the number of USB ports.
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Lets you make a wired network connection to the AT-WAVE-101.
- SD Slot: Currently not used.
- Kensington Lock: Lets you connect a Kensington lock to avoid unwanted removal.
- Power: A push-button lets you power the AT-WAVE-101 On/Off. A corresponding LED will light green when the unit is powered on.
- 12DC: The AT-WAVE-101 gets powered by the included AC power supply (12VDC/2A output).
Storage: The AT-WAVE-101 features 4GB of LPDDR4 operational memory, and 64GB of eMMC memory for content storage.
Security: The AT-WAVE-101 supports industry-standard network and security features and protocols such as WPA2-PSK and AES-128 encryption.
Cooling: An internal fan and heat sink help keep the AT-WAVE-101 cool during operation.
Mounting: The Atlona AT-WAVE-101 includes four attached rubber feet for placing it on a flat surface. The unit can also be wall-mounted using the provided wall-bracket and hardware.