About the Niles CM7HD
Powerful and hidden
Powerful and hidden
Niles has decades of experience making gear designed for high-performance custom home audio installations. The CM7HD carries on that tradition with a potent two-way speaker design that hides away in your ceiling. The 7" glass-fiber cone is both rigid and lightweight. It's also 1/2" bigger than most speakers in the same class. These features combine for deep, rich bass response.
This in-ceiling speaker's 1" dome tweeter is made of a hybrid of aluminum and ceramic, with a nano-coating that helps it reproduce fine detail in the high frequencies. It can also pivot up to 20°, letting you aim the sound where you need it..
- 7" interlaced glass-fiber woofer
- integrated woofer and baffle for powerful low-frequency response
- butyl rubber surround for increased durability and resonance dampening
- 1" nano-coated IMPACT (Improved Aluminum Ceramic Technology) dome tweeter
- tweeter pivots up to 20°
- three-position level control helps you match your tweeter to the room
- recommended amplifier power: 160 watts
- frequency response: 48-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms
- overall diameter: 9-7/8"
- cutout diameter: 8-1/2"
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- magnetic, rust-resistant grille
- weather-resistant design
- weight: 5.8 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01658
What's in the box:
- In-Ceiling speaker
- Cut-Out Template
- Paint shield
- Installation Guide
- Limited Warranty Card
- "CAUTION" note
Niles CM7HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles CM7HD
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Glass Fiber|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-160|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
2-Way Driver Design: The Niles CM7HD in-ceiling speaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" tweeter and a single 7" woofer to create spacious full-range sound.
- 1" Nano-Coated IMPACT Tweeter: The 1" nano-coated IMPACT (Improved Aluminum Ceramic Technology) dome tweeter utilizes a vapor deposited coating to move any ringing frequencies outside the range of hearing for ultra-detailed high frequencies.
- 7" Glass Fiber Cone Woofer: The 7" Glass fiber cone woofer is extremely rigid to reduce breakup, lower distortion and provide enhanced bass response. The woofer's Butyl rubber surround damps resonance and provides exceptional durability.
Aimable Tweeter: The proprietary bridge-mounted tweeter freatures an adjustable mechanism that allows you to aim and focus the high frequency sound in any direction up to 20-degrees without diffraction.
Tweeter Level Switch: The 3-position tweeter level switch allows you to adjust the high frequency output of the CM7HD to compensate for room acoustics.
- The center position, marked "0", does not affect the tweeter's output.
- Moving the switch to the "-" position reduces the tweeter output by 3dB to compensate for bright rooms (tile or wood floors, sparse furnishing, tall ceilings).
- Moving the switch to the "+" position increases the tweeter output by 3dB to compensate for absorptive rooms (carpeting, lots of drapery, plush furniture, etc.).
Spring-Clip Terminals: The Niles CM7HD is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals that will accommodate up to 12AWG speaker wire or pin-connectors. Use 16AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 80' or less, 14AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 81'-200', and 12AWG speaker for wire lengths of more than 200'.
MicroThin Grille: The magnetically attached MicroThin grille installs quickly and provides a low-profile look. The MicroThin grille ensures a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room's aesthetics. It only protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling. The MicroThin grille is white in color, but can be painted to match the color of your ceiling.
Mounting Options: The patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. The Niles CM7HD requires a round, circular cutout in the ceiling (0.5" to 0.625" thick) that measures 8.5" in diameter and 4.375 " in depth. You'll also need approximately 1" of clearance around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the mounting clamps.
Applications: The Niles CM7HD in-ceiling loudspeaker can be utilized in a stereo, home theater, or distributed audio application. In a home theater setup, the CM7HD can be used as a front, center, and/or surround channel speaker.
Weather-Resistant: The frame, speaker, and grille are weather-resistant, so you can install the speaker in moist environments, including bathrooms and outdoors under eaves.