About the Niles CM7PR
Niles Audio quality and know-how is built in
Niles Audio quality and know-how is built in
With over 34 years in business, Niles Audio has made a name for themselves helping people enjoy music throughout their homes. That experience and dedication has led them to produce in-ceiling speakers like the CM7PR.
Performance is its middle name
This speaker is part of Niles' "Performance" series of in-ceiling models. If you're building a dedicated music-listening system or even a home theater, this speaker offers rich, accurate sound in a stealthy hideaway form factor. And thanks to its weather-resistant design, you can install it in moist environments and still count on many years of enjoyment.
A larger woofer for better bass response
The CM7PR employs a 7" glass-fiber woofer, 1/2" larger than most speakers in its class. The extra surface area results in richer, fuller bass. A 1" fluid-cooled Teteron® dome tweeter delivers smooth, extended highs and wide dispersion for clear sound throughout your room. Top it off with the included magnetic snap-on grille and you're good to go. Plus it's covered by Niles' lifetime warranty.
- frequency response 52-21,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- 1" Teteron® fluid-cooled dome tweeter
- 7" glass-fiber woofer with rubber surround
- handles up to 130 watts
- 8-ohm impedance
- tri-mount clips for simpler installation
- weather-resistant design
- paintable white magnetic grille
- optional square grille
- cutout diameter: 8-1/2"
- mounting depth: 4-5/16"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01657
What's in the box:
- Two-way ceiling-mount speaker
- White grille
- Installation Guide
- Warranty card
- Caution card
Niles CM7PR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles CM7PR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Glass fiber|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-130|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
2-Way Driver Design: The Niles CM7PR in-ceiling speaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" pivoting tweeter and a single 7" woofer to create spacious full-range sound.
- 1" Pivoting Teteron Tweeter: The 1" fluid-cooled Teteron dome tweeter provides smooth highs and a focused high frequency sound. The proprietary bridge-mounted pivoting tweeter adjustment lets you aim the sound up to 20 degrees in any direction.
- 7" Glass Fiber Cone Woofer: The 7" Glass fiber cone woofer is extremely rigid to reduce breakup, lower distortion and provide enhanced bass response. The woofer's Butyl rubber surround damps resonance and provides exceptional durability.
Tweeter Level Switch: The 3-position tweeter level switch allows you to adjust the high frequency output of the CM8PR to compensate for room acoustics.
- The center position, marked "0", does not affect the tweeter's output.
- Moving the switch to the "-" position reduces the tweeter output by 3dB to compensate for bright rooms (tile or wood floors, sparse furnishing, tall ceilings).
- Moving the switch to the "+" position increases the tweeter output by 3dB to compensate for absorptive rooms (carpeting, lots of drapery, plush furniture, etc.).
Spring-Clip Terminals: The Niles CM7PR is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals that will accommodate up to 12AWG speaker wire or pin-connectors. Use 16AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 80' or less, 14AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 81'-200', and 12AWG speaker for wire lengths of more than 200'.
MicroThin Grille: The magnetically attached MicroThin grille installs quickly and provides a low-profile look. The MicroThin grille ensures a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room's aesthetics. It only protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling. The MicroThin grille is white in color, but can be painted to match the color of your ceiling.
Applications: The Niles CM7PR in-ceiling loudspeaker can be utilized in a stereo, home theater, or distributed audio application. In a home theater setup, the CM7PR can be used as a front, center, and/or surround channel speaker.
Mounting Options: The patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. The Niles CM7PR requires a round, circular cutout in the ceiling (0.5" to 0.625" thick) that measures 8.5" in diameter and 4.375 " in depth. You'll also need approximately 1" of clearance around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the mounting clamps.
Weather-Resistant: The frame, speaker, and grille are weather-resistant, so you can install the speaker in moist environments, including bathrooms and outdoors under eaves.