About the Niles CM7SI
Stereo music from a single speaker
Stereo music from a single speaker
Niles designed their CM7SI in-ceiling speaker tight spaces where installing multiple speakers isn't practical. With inputs for both left and right channels, this one speaker reproduces the entire stereo music signal. And its hideaway in-ceiling design makes it perfect for hallways, galley kitchens, or other spots around your home where you want to add music.
Carefully designed by the custom-installation experts
Niles has decades of experience designing custom-install speakers, and it shows with the CM7SI. Its7" glass-fiber woofer is 1/2" larger than most speakers in its class, for richer, fuller bass response. Its dual 1" fluid-cooled UltraSilk® dome tweeters are aimed at opposing angles to increase dispersion and stereo separation, so you can hear two channels of music in a wide area. Top it off with the included magnetic snap-on grille and you're good to go. And with weather-resistant construction, this speaker can go most places you'd like it to, indoors or out. Plus, it's covered by Niles' lifetime warranty.
- frequency response 55-21,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- single in-ceiling speaker reproduces left and right channels of stereo music signals
- separate input for left and right channels
- dual 1" UltraSilk® fluid cooled dome tweeters
- 7" glass fiber, dual voice-coil woofer with rubber surround
- handles up to 130 watts
- 8-ohm impedance
- spring-tensioned clips for simpler installation
- weather-resistant design
- paintable white magnetic grille
- optional square grille
- cutout diameter: 8-1/2"
- mounting depth: 4-1/4"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01659
What's in the box:
- Two-way ceiling-mount speaker with stereo inputs
- White grille
- Installation Guide
- Warranty card
- Caution card
Niles CM7SI reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles CM7SI
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Glass fiber|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-130|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Stereo In-Ceiling Loudspeaker: The Niles CM7SI is a stereo in-ceiling speaker which allows you to enjoy stereo sound from a single in-ceiling loudspeaker. A stereo input in-ceiling speaker is ideal for smaller rooms not suited to a stereo pair of speakers, or where a single speaker is the preferred choice. A stereo input speaker can also be used in a large room for distributed audio where a pair of speakers would not be heard in stereo.
2-Way Driver Design: The Niles CM7SI stereo in-ceiling speaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring dual Teteron tweeters on a stereo imaging array, plus a single 7" woofer to create a spacious stereo sound from a single speaker. The CM7SI has been precision tuned to provide excellent performance in a variety of applications.
- Dual 1" Teteron Tweeter Array: The bridge-mounted Stereo Imaging (SI) tweeter array directs the high frequency sounds from both the left and right channels at opposing angles to preserve stereo separation. The dual 1" Teteron tweeters provide wide dispersion for clear and detailed high frequencies
- 7" Glass Fiber Woofer: The 7" glass fiber cone woofer with a curvilinear profile delivers smoother sound and less peaking at high frequencies. The integrated baffle/frame assembly increases the cone area for deeper bass than competitive in-ceiling speakers of the same diameter.
Spring-Clip Terminals: The Niles CM7SI is outfitted with two sets of spring-clip terminals that connect to the left and right channels of your receiver or amplifier for stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker. The spring-clip terminals will accommodate up to 12AWG speaker wire and pin-connectors. Use 16AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 80' or less, 14AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 81'-200', and 12AWG speaker for wire lengths of more than 200'.
MicroThin Grille: The magnetically attached MicroThin grille installs quickly and provides a low-profile look. The MicroThin grille ensures a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room's aesthetics. It only protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling. The MicroThin grille is white in color, but can be painted to match the color of your ceiling.
Mounting Options: The patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. The Niles CM7SI requires a round, circular cutout in the ceiling (0.5" to 0.625" thick) that measures 8.5" in diameter and 4.375 " in depth. You'll also need approximately 1" of clearance around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the mounting clamps.
Weather-Resistant: The frame, speaker, and grille are weather-resistant, so you can install the speaker in moist environments, including bathrooms and outdoors under eaves.
1 question already asked