About the Niles CM8SI
A high-value stereo-input speaker from Niles
A high-value stereo-input speaker from Niles
Here at Crutchfield, Niles has been one of our go-to brands for custom audio installation gear for decades. This high-performance speaker delivers clear, detailed sound for a very specific type of application. It has separate connections for left and right channels of a stereo mix, as well as a pair of matched tweeters for reproducing both at the same time. That makes it a great choice for installations where a pair of speakers just don't make sense — think of applications like hallways or tight spaces like some bathrooms and walk-in closets.
The CM8SI uses a pair of 1" soft dome tweeters to dish out high frequencies. The tweeters are mounted on a bridge-like strip and angled away from each other to maximize the separation between the left and right channels for better stereo effects. The 8" woofer uses a rugged tight-weave, glass-fiber cone for mids and bass. High power handling and spring-tensioned mounting clamps make this speaker installer-friendly.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- two 1" Teteron® soft dome tweeters
- 8" tight-weave glass-fiber woofer
- bridge-mounted tweeter array projects high frequencies from left and right channels at opposing angles to preserve stereo separation
- recommended amplifier power: 10-130 watts
- frequency response: 55-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms (each input)
- magnetically attached, rust-resistant grille
- moisture-resistant design
- spring-tensioned mounting clamps for easier installation
- cutout diameter: 9-3/4"
- overall diameter: 11-3/8"
- mounting depth: 4-3/4"
- shipping weight: 6.7 lbs.
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01664
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Cutout Template
- Installation Guide
- Limited Warranty Card
- "CAUTION" note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles CM8SI
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Glass Fiber|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-130|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Stereo In-Ceiling Loudspeaker: The Niles CM8SI is a stereo in-ceiling speaker which allows you to enjoy stereo sound from a single in-ceiling loudspeaker. A stereo input in-ceiling speaker is ideal for smaller rooms not suited to a stereo pair of speakers, or where a single speaker is the preferred choice. A stereo input speaker can also be used in a large room for distributed audio where a pair of speakers would not be heard in stereo.
2-Way Driver Design: The Niles CM8SI stereo in-ceiling speaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring dual Teteron tweeters on a stereo imaging array, plus a single 8" woofer to create a spacious stereo sound from a single speaker. The CM8SI has been precision tuned to provide excellent performance in a variety of applications.
- Dual 1" Teteron Tweeter Array: The bridge-mounted Stereo Imaging (SI) tweeter array directs the high frequency sounds from both the left and right channels at opposing angles to preserve stereo separation. The dual 1" Teteron tweeters provide wide dispersion for clear and detailed high frequencies
- 8" Glass Fiber Woofer: The 8" glass fiber cone woofer with a curvilinear profile delivers smoother sound and less peaking at high frequencies. The integrated baffle/frame assembly increases the cone area for deeper bass than competitive in-ceiling speakers of the same diameter.
Spring-Clip Terminals: The Niles CM8SI is outfitted with two sets of spring-clip terminals that connect to the left and right channels of your receiver or amplifier for stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker. The spring-clip terminals will accommodate up to 12AWG speaker wire and pin-connectors. Use 16AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 80' or less, 14AWG speaker wire for wire lengths of 81'-200', and 12AWG speaker for wire lengths of more than 200'.
MicroThin Grille: The magnetically attached MicroThin grille installs quickly and provides a low-profile look. The MicroThin grille ensures a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room's aesthetics. It only protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling. The MicroThin grille is white in color, but can be painted to match the color of your ceiling.
Mounting Options: The patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. Weather-resistant construction and a rust-resistant grille enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves. The Niles CM8SI requires a round, circular cutout in the ceiling (0.5" to 0.625" thick) that measures 9.75" in diameter and 4.75" in depth. You'll also need approximately 1" of clearance around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the mounting clamps.