About the Niles HTP-7.1
This wall plate from Niles offers connections for up to seven surround sound speakers and a powered or passive subwoofer. It lets you hide your receiver in an adjacent room and run speaker cables into your home theater a great option folks who want a clean, professional-looking installation. Or, install one of these outlets directly behind your receiver, then run your speaker and subwoofer cables inside your walls to each speaker location.
Note: The wall plate's powered subwoofer input uses RCA connectors on the front and coaxial F-type connectors on the back to allow for in-wall RG-6 coaxial cable. Use F-to-RCA adapters to complete the connection to your powered sub's RCA inputs.
- accommodates up to 7 speakers and a powered or passive subwoofer
- gold-plated, color-coded binding posts and RCA connectors
- 18 dual (front and rear) binding posts
- 2 female RCA jacks (front), 2 male F-type connectors (rear)
- accommodates up to 14-gauge speaker wire, spade connectors, pin connectors, or banana plugs
- 2-gang J-box or P-ring required for installation available at your local home improvement store
- white finish
- 4-7/8"W x 4-7/8"H x 1-1/4"D
- warranty: 10 years (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01216
What's in the box:
- White Decora-style speaker terminal double gang wall plate
- 4 White mounting screws
- Installation Guide
Niles HTP-7.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles HTP-7.1
Overview: The Niles HTP-7.1 double gang wall plate provides an attractive and convenient way to connect your Home Theater amplifier's speaker outputs to in-wall, pre-wired speakers through your home. The HTP-7.1 wall plate features gold plated, color-coded binding posts that can accept up to 14 gauge speaker wire, single banana plugs or dual banana plugs. (Because of the narrow spacing between the binding posts, pin connectors and spade lugs are not recommended.)
Note: Always use stranded copper, twisted pair speaker cable (minimum 18 AWG) and use RG-6 coaxial cable for powered subs.
Applications: The Niles HTP-7.1 has been designed to be compatible with your 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 digital surround speaker system or your Pro-Logic/Pro-Logic II analog system.
Mounting: The HTP-7.1 requires a 2-gang electrical box for installation. The wall plate comes supplied with four white mounting screws.
Connections: The Niles HTP-7.1 speaker terminal wall plate provides the following front and rear connections.
- Front Speakers: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for the Front, Left and Right speakers.
- Surround Speakers: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for the Surround, Left and Right speakers.
- Surround Back Speakers: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for the Surround Back, Left and Right speakers.
- Front Center Channel: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for the Front Center Channel speaker.
- Rear Center Channel: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for the Rear Center Channel speaker.
- Passive Subwoofer: Positive and Negative gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for a Passive Subwoofer
- Powered Subwoofers: Two female RCA connections for powered subwoofers (these RCA connections have male F-type connections on the back side of the wall plate).