About the Niles IRC-1
The IRC-1 relays infrared commands using "flashes" of infrared light in a powerful, flooding pattern from its two infrared LEDs. The output is accurate over a wide bandwidth, which allows the IRC-1 to control most makes and models of IR-controlled A/V components.
The IRC-1 is typically used as a "flooding" flasher to control a stack of components. For this type of application, place the flasher with its LED pointed straight up and at least an inch in front of the gear you wish to control. For tall stacks of equipment, you can use multiple IRC-1 flashers (placing one at the top and one at the bottom).
You can also mount the IRC-1 so that it directly faces the equipment from across a room. It has an effective operational range of 18 to 30 feet, depending on the brand and/or model of the component.
- dual infrared LEDs for exceptional range
- pre-stripped and tinned wire ends for easy hookup to any of the Niles® Main System Units (IR repeater hubs)
- includes an adhesive-backed Velcro strip for quick and secure mounting
- includes 10 feet of connecting wire
- compatible with virtually all brands of remotes using carrier frequencies between 26 and 60 kHz
- 1"W x 2"H x 3/4"D (including Velcro)
- warranty: 2 years
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles IRC-1
Overview: The IRC-1 receives remote control command signals from the Niles IR Main System Unit and relays them to the location of your A/V components. The high-output IRC-1 relays the infrared commands using flashes of IR light in a flooding pattern. The IRC-1 is typically used as a "flooding" flasher, and when properly placed it's powerful enough to control an entire stack of components (very tall stacks may require a second flasher).
Dual IR LEDs: Two high-output LEDs give the IRC-1 exceptional range and IR emitting power.
Velcro-mount: The included Velcro strip enables you to easily position and mount the IRC-1 to give it the best "view" of your components' IR eyes.
Compatibility: The IRC-1 will control most makes and models of IR-controlled A/V components, and it's compatible with all Niles infrared repeaters, infrared routers, and multi-zone keypad systems.
- IR Compatibility: compatible with virtually all brands of remotes using carrier frequencies between 26 and 60 Hz
- Transmitting Range: 18 to 30 feet if mounted so that the transmitting LEDs face the sensors in a direct line of sight