About the Niles® MP5R
Consider the advantages of in-wall speakers: no more arranging your furniture around your loudspeakers, no more trying to hide speaker wire under the carpet, and no more black or brown boxes to clash with your decor! You can save space and enjoy beautiful music wherever you want it.
The Niles® Multipurpose MP5R feature 5-1/4" talc-filled polypropylene woofers with treated foam surrounds and 3/4" Kaladex® tweeters. To ensure clean, accurate sound, the baffle is made of ABS plastic with anti-resonant wave bracing.
These speakers include the brackets you'll need for installation in a new wall, plus rust-proof, paintable aluminum frames and grilles. Add some in-wall speaker cable (see "Accessories"), and you're ready to go!
For detailed information on how to install in-wall speakers, see our free guide, "How to Install the Speakers, Outlets, and Controls," available on our Multi-room Audio Guides download page.
- moisture-resistant construction
- IR sensor knockout compatible with Niles IR remote sensors
- frequency response: 75-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 5 to 60 watts
- 8-ohm impedance
- depth behind wall: 3-5/8" (assumes 1/2" drywall)
- frame dimensions: 7-1/8" x 9-7/8"
- hole cutout dimensions: 6-1/4" x 9"
- warranty: 5 years
Priced per pair
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way in-wall speakers
- 2 Plastic mounting brackets
- 4 Plastic new construction wings
- 2 White grilles
- 2 White grille frames
- 1 Cardboard cutout template
- Thirteen 1-7/8" self-tapping screws
- Nine 1-5/8" drywall screws
- Nine 7/8" self-tapping screws
- 2 No-Strip Speaker Terminals
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Bracket Kit Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Niles® MP5R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles® MP5R
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||5-60|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Tweeters: Each 3/4" Kaladex tweeter is housed in a precision adjustment mechanism that permits the tweeter to be accurately positioned after installation for optimum performance.
Woofers: Each speaker uses a polypropylene talc-filled cone with a "BumpBack" magnet design to allow greater voice coil excursion. Custom Debris screens prevent insulation from coming in contact with the woofer.
Anti-resonant Wave Bracing: The speaker's baffle design employs specially molded ribs that increase the rigidity of the baffle and raise the resonant frequency so that less "out-of-phase" cancellation takes place. The ribs are curved and crossed to further shift vibration away from low-bass canceling frequencies. This keeps bass tones rich and dynamic.
Infrared Sensor Mount: Each speaker baffle has a knockout designed for the Niles MS-1 Microsensor, a miniature infrared sensor. The MS-1 installs discreetly behind the aluminum grille and therefore minimizes wall clutter in your home.
No-Strip Speaker Terminals: The patented No-Strip terminal enables speakers to be connected without stripping the speaker wire. Just place the wire in the terminal and click the levers into place. Once the wire is connected to the terminal, it simply plugs into the circuit board on the back of the speaker.
Grilles: Each speaker has a painted aluminum grille. Each grille has hundreds of precisely sized perforations, creating an acoustically transparent grille. The grilles are paintable.
Mounting & Placement Options: These speakers are designed for in-wall installation between standard 2"x4" studs. Each speaker requires a rectangular cutout that measures 6.25" (w) x 9.0" (h) x 3.625" (d). For optimal imaging, position the speakers so that the distance between the listening position and the wall is 1.5 times the distance between the two brackets.
- New Construction (unfinished walls): For a new construction installation, you install only the parts you need for a particular stage of construction. When the framing and wiring are finished, you install the brackets. After the drywall is up, you install the frames. Only when construction is completely finished do you put the speakers in the wall.
- Existing Construction: Designed for ease of installation, the Niles mounting system makes retrofit installations simple and fast. A supplied template assures fast and accurate hole cutting. The bracket slips behind the drywall and the screws secure the bracket to the frame, sandwiching the drywall between them. The speaker baffle attaches to the frame and the grille mounts over the speaker.
The Niles® MP5R replaces these items