About the Niles MRC-6430
Enjoy music throughout your home
Enjoy music throughout your home
Build a fun, easy-to-use multi-room audio system with the Niles MRC-6430 controller/amplifier. This eight-channel amplifier can drive stereo speakers in four different rooms at the same time. Connect up to six audio sources like a CD player or turntable, or enjoy music from streaming services like Pandora® and Deezer. You can even control this versatile system your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Auriel software gives you intuitive control
Download Niles' Auriel app to your mobile device, and you can browse and choose content from anywhere in your home. The MRC-6430 makes it possible to listen to any source, in any room, at any time — even if someone is already listening to something different in another room.
This means mom and dad can relax with smooth jazz in the kitchen, while guests enjoy classic rock in the living room. The kids can even sing along to top 40 hits in the backyard, and change their own volume and skip tracks right from their smartphones.
Simplified tablet- or PC-based configuration
Thanks to Niles' Auriel software wizard, the MRC-6430 is simple and convenient to connect and program. Simply connect it to an open Ethernet port on your network router, connect your sources, IR emitters, and speakers, then follow the intuitive, step-by-step programming instructions on your tablet or PC to configure your system.
To add more zones to your Niles audio system, connect an additional MRC-6430 controller/amplifier. You'll be able to distribute music to as many as 12 different rooms.
- plays music from as many as six audio sources in up to six areas of your home at the same time
- built-in amplifier powers up to four pairs of speakers
- connects to a home network via Ethernet for easy A/V source and system control using your smartphone, tablet, or optional wall-mounted and hand-held interfaces
- easy-to-use iOS® and Android™ app lets you control the system, music sources, and optional home automation devices, including lighting and HVAC
- features access to streaming services like TuneIn, Pandora®, Tidal, Slacker™, Deezer and more
- two-way metadata capability for viewing album art, playlists, station information, etc. with compatible devices
- Auriel software wizard allows computer/tablet-based configuration for simplified system setup (7" or larger tablet recommended)
- supports IP-based lighting and climate control
- expandable up to 12 zones with additional MRC-6430
- 6 RCA stereo inputs for connecting source components
- 6 RCA stereo preamp outputs for Zones 1-6 (switchable fixed/variable) for connecting external amplifiers
- amplified and preamp outputs for Zones 1-4, preamp output only for Zones 5-6
- 4 sets of removable speaker terminals with four screw-down connections for speaker wire (up to 14 AWG)
- 30 watts RMS per channel x 8 into 8 ohms
- 45 watts RMS per channel x 8 into 4 ohms
- THD: less than 0.1% (1 watt output into 8 ohms)
- RJ-45 Ethernet port connects to home network router using CAT-5 or CAT-5e cable
- TCP/IP backbone for control with no proprietary wiring needed
- 6 routable IR outputs for external component control
- connection for optional Niles DBI-2 doorbell interface
- shelf- or rack-mountable design (rack mount ears included)
- 17-1/4"W x 3-1/2"H (4-15/16"H with feet attached) x 12-7/8"D
- Note: this unit recently received a major software upgrade. Learn more about Auriel 2.0's extensive feature set here.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRC-6340
What's in the box:
- Multi-room audio controller
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Removable speaker connectors
- 2 Rackmount ears
- Installation Guide
Niles MRC-6430 reviews
Bought Niles SI-1230 amp and MRC-6430 less than five years ago. Amp failed two months ago. MRC-6430 failed last month. Niles says out of warrantee and offered 25% discount to replace receiver. Local shop wanted $400 to fix amp. Said they couldn't fix the receiver. Not going to spend good money after bad. Wouldn't recommend Niles or it products to anyone that I liked.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Just moved into a house with a 16 channel Niles amp + the old Niles system with IR controllers for source control, but found that the system didn't work. So, I decided to buy this to gain iPad control of the system while keeping the older Niles amp for extra power in specific zones. That part works great. Setup was pretty simple. It will provide control of a Sonos Connect which provides an easy, albeit very expensive streaming media source However, the part that I'm very disappointed in is the ability to use other devices as sources: 1) Niles says this has an internal media server to stream Spotify and use Squeezebox to get Pandora and others. Well, it doesn't work. I've tried Spotify and Squeezebox and no matter what I try, the Niles MRC-6430 is unable to connect to the services. Able to connect on other devices. Niles support unresponsive. 2) It has IR emitter outputs to control external devices. However, I haven't been able to find anything that it actually can control! I have a Yamaha RX-495, a Denon AVR-X2000, and a Pioneer VSX-821. The Niles cannot control any of them! They have a list of supported devices on their website. It looks like everything is 2014 and before. Maybe I can find something on craiglist or a garage sale? I get the impression that Niles is not really supporting/updating/maintaining this product any more.
Pros: Setup is very easy Device allows flexible configuration
Cons: Very poor, if any, integration with currently available components Support for product seems to have ended Might be End-of-Life?
0 of 0 found this helpful
Nice product, Having fun with it. Everyone is trilled. Hope to buy it again for another gift project.
Pros: Easy to configure and Operate
Cons: Firmware Seemed Updated from out of the box
0 of 1 found this helpful
Very happy with the ease of configuration and the functionality. Highly recommend the Niles MRC-6430 to any DIY person who is not intimidated by technology and has an need to control numerous speaker zones.
Pros: Easy to configure. Training guide is excellent.
Cons: I had to upgrade the firmware out of the box.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Received the amplifier on schedule and once I had it hooked up to the Internet and other sources had it operating with in a couple of hours. I am very happy with performance to date. The i-phone and Mac computer apps are very easy for all in the family to use.
Pros: Programming and operation were fairly easy and hook up to my speakers and sources were very straight forward.
Cons: None to date.
2 of 2 found this helpful
The Niles MRC-6430 is answering all of our needs. It was easy to set up and we can control our four rooms with phone and computers. Everyone in the company is happy.
Pros: Setting up all the rooms was very easy. I plugged the device on the network and then configured it with a few clicks
Cons: I feel like the software could be improved a little bit for the administration panel. The 5 seconds button to access was not easy to find. Also, I feel like for troubleshooting, the mac address should be available on the device, not through the software once connected to the network.
4 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the Niles MRC-6430
Multi-Room Audio Controller: The Niles MRC-6430 is a whole home audio controller that delivers up to six unique music sources for amazing sound in six rooms of the house. The MRC-6430 integrates multi-room audio along with home theater control in a way that is simple to set up and easy to use. And, for larger homes, two MRC-6430s can be paired to create a six-source, 12-zone system. Additionally, all zones are equipped with fixed or variable pre-outs, making it simple to add power and volume with an external power amplifier (sold separately).
6 Source/6 Zone (Expandable): The MRC-6430 provides six audio source inputs (RCA) and provides four amplified zone along with two pre-out zones (separate amplifiers required for Zones 5 & 6). You can simply add another Niles MRC-6430 audio controller through system's Loop Outputs to create a more robust multi-room system with twelve zones (a maximum of two MRC-6430s can be daisy-chained).
Network Connection: The MRC-6430 is fitted with a Ethernet RJ-45 port for connection to your home's local area network (LAN). Use a category 5 (or higher) cable to make a connection between the Ethernet port on the MRC-6430 and an open Ethernet port on your network router. Connecting the MRC-6430 to your home's network allows it to communicate with Niles controllers, Apple iOS & Android devices, as well as other 3rd party controllers (all sold separately).
Note: The MRC-6430 is an IP based system and as such has no keypad connections on the rear. All user interfaces use internet protocol to communicate with the MRC-6430 system through the local area network (LAN), either hard-wired or via WiFi. The MRC-6430 and all user interfaces must be connected to the same local area network (LAN).
Niles Controllers: The Niles MRC-6430 multi-room audio controller delivers amazing sound throughout the home using a simple, intuitive user interface with options that include a handheld remote, a seven-button keypad pre-programmed for zones, and a choice of touch panel devices (all sold separately). The intuitive interface renders identically across devices enabling simple and convenient control by all.
- NTP7 Touch Panel: The NTP7 touchscreen (7" screen) is wall-mountable in either portrait or landscape orientation to best suit the needs of the room. The NTP7 features a proximity sensor to wake it from sleep without any touch required and provides a dedicated Niles user interface for a more customized experience.
- NHR200 Remote Control: The NHR200 Home Theater and whole house WiFi remote control is a sleek extension of the intuitive Niles system. The NHR200 features all of the function of a touchscreen packaged in the contemporary styled remote control. A stylish charging base is included and keeps the NHR200 ready to grab-and-go.
- NKP7 Keypad: The NKP7 keypad delivers a simple interface (7 buttons total) that lets you easily select your favorite sources, adjust volume, and turn off the system. Its extremely simple to use and easy to navigate.
Note: The listed remote controls are all sold separately (not included).
Niles Auriel App: The MRC-6430 may also be managed from a variety of mobile devices like Apple iOS devices, Android smartphones/tablets, plus Windows or Mac-based computers using the Niles Auriel Control App. This free application provides not only control of the MRC-6430, but also displays metadata such as song/artist info, album art, and even station identification.
- For Apple iOS: Download the free Niles Auriel App from Apple's App store onto your Apple iOS (4.3+) iPhone, iPad, or touch.
- For Android: Download the free Niles Auriel App from the Google Play Store onto your Android (OS 2.2+) smartphone or tablet.
- For Windows or Mac: Download the free Niles Auriel App from the Niles website onto your compatible Windows (XP/Vista/7) PC or Mac (OS X) Computer.
Online Music Streaming Services: Streaming is now built into Auriel App. The MRC-6430's single internal streamer can play any music service offered on mysqueezebox.com/appgallery; such as Pandora, TuneIn, Tidal and more. Using the internal streamer requires a free Logitech Squeezebox account, as well as individual accounts for any service that will be used. Paid subscriptions and fees will apply for some online music streaming services.
Note: To expand the MRC-6430's streaming ability, you can add separate music streamers (like the Sonos Connect, sold separately) to any input on the MRC-6430. From the Niles Auriel interface, you'll have basic control over the Sonos music player (such as selecting Favorites, play/pause, and skipping tracks) for any music service available through Sonos.
3rd Party Controllers: The MRC-6430 can also be controlled from a variety of third party control systems. 3rd Party Control Systems include ELAN, Control4, Savant, Crestron, RTi, URC, AMX, etc.
8-Channel Amplifier: The MRC-6430's advanced Class-D amplifiers deliver 30 watts per channel to each of the 4 powered zones (240 watt total system power). Low impedance capability (4Ω stable) provides speaker connection flexibility. There are four sets of removable speaker wire terminals, one for each amplified zone. The terminals accept speaker wires up to 14 AWG in size.
Inputs/Loop Outputs: The MRC-6430 is fitted with six stereo RCA analog audio inputs to connect your external sources. Each source input also features a stereo RCA Loop Output to connect to another MRA-644 for expanded Zone control (up to 12 zone).
Pre-Outs: If you need more power, each of the four powered zones also feature RCA pre-out connections to support the connection of higher powered amplifiers (sold separately). A separate amplifier is recommended if you are power outdoor speakers. The MRC-6430 preamp outputs can be set for fixed or variable output depending on system design. You can even use the speaker outputs and pre-amp outputs can be used at the same time if you need more than just a single pair of speakers in one zone.
Whole House Mode: In addition to sending a different audio source signal to each Zone, you can set the MRC-6430 to "Whole House Mode" so all zones playback the same audio source.
Custom Tailored Sound: Independent bass, treble, and loudness controls enable the customization of each zone to optimize performance.
Assignable IR Outputs: The MRC-6430 has an IR output (3.5mm) for each source input (IR emitters sold separately). has a built-in IR database of codes to control sources from around the world. The IR database is cloud-based and is updated frequently. IR controllable sources are items like Cable or Satellite set-top boxes, Outboard AM/FM tuners, CD\DVD or Bluray Players, Media players like Apple TV and Roku, Game Systems and iPod docks.
IP Control: The MRC-6430 has built-in drivers for controlling sources via Internet Protocol (IP). These drivers are built-in, tested and allow two way feedback and control of sources like Tuners\Internet Tuners built into AVR receivers from many third-party manufacturers. There are also two-way feedback drivers built-in to control media player sources such as Sonos, Autonomics, Yamaha Aventage and Logitech Music Service (LMS) based media players such as Fusion Research and S1Digital. The two-way feedback include various levels of Metadata and album art to be shown on the Niles based user interfaces. The level of Metadata feedback is limited to the media player and music service.
Paging: This feature allows paging from a phone system, to be heard through the speakers in pre-configured zones. The zones of the MRC-6430 that are on will mute so the page can be heard. The zones that were off will turn on so the page can be heard. When the page is completed, zones that were on will automatically begin playing music again and the zones that were off will again turn off.
USB Port: The USB (type-A) port is for Niles approved accessories only (sold separately). Not used for plugging in USB thumbdrives, Apple iPod/iPhone/iPads, Android smartphone/tablets, or other 3rd party USB devices
Rack Mountable: You can use the included rack mount ears and hardware to mount the Niles MRC-6430 into a standard equipment rack. Ensure adequate ventilation for the MRC-6430 by placing at least one blank rack space above and below.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked