About the Niles MS120
This small IR (infrared) sensor works as part of an IR repeater system, letting you control your audio/video components from other rooms in your home. It mounts flush into your wall or ceiling and picks up commands from your audio/video system's remote control. The MS120's unique design makes it easy to target from just about anywhere in the room, while its compact size allows it to easily blend in.
To complete your IR repeater system, you'll also need:
- An IR hub: The hub accepts the IR signals from the MS120 sensor, and passes the instructions on to your A/V gear via IR flashers.
- IR flashers: The IR hub passes the commands from the MS120 to these infrared light-emitting devices, which in turn control your components.
- Infrared cable to wire your IR repeater system (10 feet included).
- miniature design for a décor-friendly look
- receiving range: 20' to 35' (depending on the strength of your remote)
- LCD- and plasma-proof sensor design works near flat-panel TVs
- works near fluorescent lighting or indirect sunlight
- wide-angle reception
- includes black and white bezels
- passes high data rate IR code formats, including Phillips RCMM codes
- 10 feet of IR cable included
- diameter: 1/2"
- mounting depth: 2-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01580
What's in the box:
- Flush-mount IR micro-sensor with attached 10.5' IR cable
- 1 Flat washer
- 1 Hex nut
- Black bezel (installed)
- White bezel
- Installation & Operation Guide
Niles MS120 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles MS120
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: The MS120 miniature flush-mount IR sensor is one of three elements that make up an infrared extender system:
- IR Main System Unit (sold separately): The IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for the IR sensors and the IR flashers and is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit's level controls and LED indicators enable you to calibrate and troubleshoot an IR extender system. The Main System Unit is the "heart" of an IR extender system. The MS120 works with MSU140, MSU250, MSU480, and MSU440Z main system units.
- IR Sensors: IR Sensors are the "eyes" of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a 4-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are available in wall-mount, ceiling-mount, surface-mount and table-top models.
- Keypad (sold separately): The IntelliPad is a wall-mounted, programmable IR keypad system that provides a unique LED power status display and the convenience of true one-button remote control of complex audio/video systems.
- Compatible Sensors and Keypads: The MS120 is compatible with WS120, TS120, MS220, and CS120 sensors and the IntelliPad keypad.
- IR Flashers (sold separately): IR Flashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the "voice" of an IR extender system that "speaks" to your components. The MS120 works with MF1, MF1VF, MF2, MV2VF, and the IRB1 flashers.
High Fidelity Wideband Design: The MS120 has a high-fidelity wideband amplifier that accurately passes high data-rate IR code formats, including the Philips RCMM codes. This enables operation with virtually any brand of equipment.
Interference Resistance: The MS120 is resistant to CFL interference created by fluorescent lighting. This gives you more installation flexibility into areas with fluorescent lighting.
Plasma-proof Design: The sensor features a plasma-proof design that allows placement of the MS120 near plasma displays.
IR Receiving Range: You get 20' to 35' of remote control range, depending upon the strength of your handheld remote. The IR pickup angle is 30° off-axis (horizontal and vertical) at 25'.
Mounting: The MS120 is designed to mount flush on a flat surface, requiring the drilling of a 1/2" diameter hole. The box contains both black and white bezels for trimming out the sensor according to the mounting location.
Note: As with any type of IR sensor, avoid locating the MS120 where it will be exposed to direct sunlight. It should not be installed near any potential sources of electrical or optical noise, such as light dimmers, low-voltage lights, and neon lights.
Wiring: The MS120 connects to the Niles infrared main systems unit (or 190IRH610 sensor expansion hub) with an individual "home run" of Category 5 ("Cat 5") cable. When running wires inside walls, most states and municipalities usually require the wire to have a specific "CL" fire rating. Please consult your local building inspection department for requirements in your area.
1 question already asked