About the Niles RCA-TT2
The Niles RCA-TT kit provides easy control of your audio/video system, even if your gear is placed out of sight in a cabinet or closet. It includes everything you need to set up a complete IR (infrared) repeater system and control up to three A/V components:
- TS120 IR sensor Place this tabletop sensor in a convenient spot, like next to your TV. It sends the IR commands from your remote control to the IR hub.
- MSU140 IR hub Accepts incoming IR signals and passes them on to your A/V components.
- three MF1 flashers Infrared light-emitting devices that carry IR commands from the MSU140 to your A/V gear.
- 50 feet of CAT-5 cable to connect the IR sensor to the IR hub.
- complete IR repeater system
- controls up to 3 A/V components
- MSU140 hub can accommodate an additional IR flasher for system expansion
- LCD- and plasma-proof tabletop sensor design works near flat-panel TVs
- UL-listed, regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01584
What's in the box:
- MSU140 IR Main System Unit
- 4-Pin "screwless" sensor connector for category 5 cable
- TS120 Tabletop IR sensor
- AC power adapter with attached 74" DC output cord (DC output: 12V/250mA)
- US 2-pronged AC plug insert (for AC power adapter)
- 3 MF1 Microflashers with attached 10' cable (3.5mm miniplug terminal)
- 3 Self-adhesive IR blocking covers
- 6 Self-adhesive Microflasher pads
- 50' CAT-5 cable
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Installation Guide
Niles RCA-TT2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles RCA-TT2
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: This infrared extender system includes the following items:
- IR Main System Unit: The MSU140 IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for the IR sensor or keypads and up to four IR flashers, and it is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit is the "heart" of an IR extender system.
- IR Sensors: IR Sensors, like the included TM110 table-top model, are the "eyes" of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a CAT-5 or a 4-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are also available in wall-mount and ceiling-mount models.
- IR Flashers: These IR MicroFlashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the "voice" of an IR extender system that "speaks" to your components.
Universal Compatibility: With the necessary accessories, an IR remote control extender system using the MSU140 is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies between 26 kHz and 105 kHz.
Wiring: From the IR sensor, you must home-run a Category 5 ("Cat 5") cable back to the MSU140. The Cat 5 cable should be terminated with the supplied quick connect sensor plugs. The IR flashers connect to the hub via 3.5mm (1/8") mini-plugs.
Status Input: The MSU140 features a 3-30-volt AC/DC status input jack which provides system status to sensors and keypads when connected to a switched AC or DC output on an audio receiver or preamp. An optional 12-Volt adapter may be necessary.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls between 25kHz and 90kHz. The TS120 is also compatible with the recently introduced Philips RCMM codes.
Interference Resistance: The TS120 is resistant to CFL interference created by fluorescent lighting. This gives you more installation flexibility into areas with fluorescent lighting.
Plasma/LCD-proof Design: The sensor features a design that allows placement of the TS120 near plasma or LCD displays.
IR Receiving Range: You get 20' to 35' of remote control range, depending upon the strength of your handheld remote. The IR pickup angle is 30° off-axis (horizontal and vertical) at 25'.
Bi-colored LED: The LED glows green when the system is on and flashes blue to confirm reception of IR commands.
Mounting: The TS120 is designed to sit on a shelf or table top.
Note: As with any type of IR sensor, avoid locating the TS120 where it will be exposed to direct sunlight. It should not be installed near any potential sources of electrical or optical noise, such as light dimmers, low-voltage lights, and neon lights.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR MicroFlasher is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies between 20kHz and 455 kHz.
Mounting: The MF1 is designed for pin-point relaying of IR commands, so it is typically mounted to the infrared remote sensor window of an audio/video component using the self-adhesive backing. The flasher hoods can be used to block any ambient light or other remote signals.
|MSU140 Main System Unit||4.75"||2"||0.813"|
|TS120 IR Sensor||2.864"||1.045"||3.139"|