About the Niles SI-1650
Flexibile power and web-based control to meet your needs
Flexibile power and web-based control to meet your needs
The Niles SI-1650 multi-channel power amplifier offers the ultimate in convenience and control to handle big, whole-house installation projects. This powerful 16-channel amp connects to your home network, allowing you to customize it to best suit your specific multi-room audio system using Nile's unique web browser configuration tool. And the setup options are plentiful. Enjoy warm stereo sound in eight rooms, or bridge pairs of channels together to give your speakers more juice — a great option for power-hungry outdoor speakers. Use a single channel of power for mono sound in smaller listening areas, like a closet or bathroom.
Enjoy music your way throughout your home
The '1650 can distribute audio from a single source, like a CD changer, to play the same music in multiple rooms — perfect for parties. You can also assign each individual speaker channel to any one of the amp's 16 discrete audio signal inputs and play a different source in every room, or any combination you wish. Niles' web-based IP configuration utility makes it easy to chose which sources you want, and where you want to listen to them. You also get independent volume and EQ adjustments for all 16 channels. Plus, individual high- and low-pass filters for each channel accommodate any combination of passive subwoofer and small, limited-range speakers you might use. The amp lets you acoustically optimize each speaker system for both its type and location.
Serious whole-house audio power
This amplifier provides your system with an impressive amount of power for big, room-filling sound. Driven simultaneously, all 16 channels produce 50 watts RMS, or 800 watts total. Bridging adjacent channels gives you 8 channels with 100 watts for each bridged pair.
- 16-channel amplifier
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD with all channels driven
- 100 watts per channel into 4 ohms with all channels driven
- 100 watts into 8 ohms (bridged)
- includes a web-based configuration and setup tool using a web browser (requires a direct wired Ethernet connection between the amplifier and your home network)
- sixteen to eight channel IP configurable power allocation
- web-based independent level controls, EQ adjustments, and high/low crossover controls for all 16 channels
- IP configurable BusMatrix selector allows each speaker channel to be assigned to any of the sixteen signal inputs for stereo or mono sound applications
- three turn-on modes: music sensing, voltage trigger, and manual
- total harmonic distortion: 0.05% (at 1kHz)
- frequency response: 5-25,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- total harmonic distortion: 0.06% (at 1kHz)
- gold-plated binding post speaker connectors
- dual digital power supply with massive toroidal transformer for powerful, dynamic sound
- independent thermal and short-circuit protection circuits for each channel
- front-panel status display for each channel makes troubleshooting easier
- detachable AC power cord
- weight: 35 lbs.
- 17-1/4"W x 5-3/4"H x 17-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01705
What's in the box:
- 16-Channel system integration amplifier
- 6' AC power cord (3-prong IEC plug)
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- Two 10A fuses
- Installation Guide
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Niles SI-1650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles SI-1650
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||16|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||100|
|Bridged Power per Channel||100 (x 8 chan) 8 ohms watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||16|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding posts|
Overview: The Niles Audio SI (System Integration) Amplifiers are designed to power your custom-installed Audio-Video system. They are constructed with the finest materials available, including 1% metal film resistors, high quality capacitors, and oversized heat sinks, that can properly cool the unit without the need for a noisy fan. The SI-1650 is a high-current 16-channel amplifier that can help you interface multiple sources into multiple zones.
IP Configurable: Each of the amplifier's 16 channels are fully configurable via a unique web browser configuration tool that allows each channel to select from any of the 16 inputs or combination of inputs. The BusMatrix Selector gives you total control of every channel's EQ adjustment, volume level, and high-pass or low-pass filter settings, all from the web browser. The SI-1650 has its own IP address, and an RJ-45 TCP/IP network connection to the LAN or Ethernet switch. The BusMatrix Selector can be used on a PC, iPad, or Tablet.
Power Output: The SI-1650 16-channel power amplifier provides 50 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms, and 100 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms with all channels driven. You can bridge adjacent channels to 100 watts RMS into 8 ohms.
Bus Matrix Line Level Inputs: The SI-1650 amplifier has a single gold-plated RCA input jack for each channel.
Cascade Audio Outputs: The unit's Cascade Audio Outputs enable you to daisy-chain another amplifier, by connecting the preamp outputs of the SI-1650 to the input of the second amplifier. Each channel has a single gold-plated RCA output jack. The outputs are not buffered, so if you wish to daisy-chain more than 5 Niles SI Amplifiers, you will need a buffered distribution amplifier, such as the Niles AVDA-3.
Bridging Adjacent Channels: The amplifier's 16 channels are configured in pairs (1&2, 3&4, etc.). Each channel can be used independently (50 watts) or bridged to provide more power (100 watts) to speakers in large rooms or for outdoor speakers. During bridging, the odd-numbered amplifier channels will output the bridged signal, while its even-numbered adjacent amplifier channel is deactivated. There is no physical bridging switch on the amplifier; the bridging configuration is set up through the BusMatrix Selector web browser application.
Speaker Terminals: The amplifier is equipped with binding post speaker terminals. The terminals will accept single-banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 12-gauge. For most applications, 16- or 18-gauge wire is recommended. For wiring runs longer than 80 feet, 14-gauge wire is recommended.
Note: The speaker terminals are spaced too far apart for dual-banana plugs. They also have a collar around them that prohibits the use of spade lugs.
Speaker Loads: Each channel can drive a 4-ohm load, allowing you to connect no more than two 8-ohm speakers, or no more than one 4-6 ohm speaker. A channel pair that has been bridged can handle an 8-ohm load. Proper ventilation of the amplifier is required when driving lower impedance loads or if bridging channels.
Independent Level Controls: Through the Configuration and Setup Tool, the SI-1650 offers independent level controls for each channel, allowing you to set the volume in each zone, or compensate for sonic imbalances created by room size or architecture. You can also use the volume controls to limit the volume to certain zones to prevent abuse.
Equalization: Equalization can be applied to each of the 16 channels, through Room EQ Presets or Manual EQ. You can assign a Room EQ preset to any channel as Flat, Small, Large, or Outdoor. Manually, you can select or deselect Loudness, Low Cut, or High Cut, plus you can use the individual arrow buttons on the browser to adjust volume, bass, midrange, treble, midrange center frequency, and midrange bandwidth.
Turn-on Modes: For convenience, the SI-1650 offers three turn-on modes. Using the 3-way switch on the back panel, you can choose from the following modes:
- Manual Turn-on: The amplifier is turned on and off using the front panel Master power switch. The automatic turn-on circuitry is turned off. (Switch position: Constant)
- Music Sense: The amplifier turns on automatically when the presence of an audio signal is detected on any of the audio inputs. When the audio signal is no longer detected, the amplifier turns itself off after approximately 2 minutes. (The front panel Master switch must be in the On position, and the Turn-on Mode switch position is set to Audio Sense.)
- External Trigger: The amplifier turns on automatically when a signal is detected at the 3.5mm AC/DC trigger input. Once the Trigger voltage is turned off, the amplifier automatically turns itself off. Voltage triggers can be supplied by a variety of sources, including surround sound processors, video projectors, and automated switchers. The trigger signal must be 3-24 volts AC or DC, 20 mA or greater. (The front panel Master switch must be in the On position, and the Turn-on Mode switch position is set to 3-30V AC/DC Trigger Input.)
12-volt Control Output: In addition to the 12-volt Trigger Input, the SI-1650 can be used to control other devices using 12-volt triggers, such as motorized screens and curtains. When the amplifier is powered on, a 12-volt DC (150 mA) signal is present at the 12V Control Out 3.5mm mini-jack. (Polarity: tip = +)
Rack-mount Ears: The SI-1650 comes with a pair of rack-mount ears to allow you to mount the amplifier in a standard equipment rack. The rack ears attach to the sides of the amplifier chassis using the 4 installed screws. The amp requires three rack spaces (3U) with the feet removed.
Note: A minimum of 7" of free air space must be provided above the amplifier for proper ventilation.
Independent Protection Circuits: Each channel his its own independent thermal and short circuit protection. If a problem occurs on one of the channels, that channel will shut down, while the other channels continue to play. Once the short has been removed or the temperature returns to normal, the channel will resume regular operations. Separate bi-color LEDs on the front panel for each channel will glow red if the protection circuit has been activated on that channel, or green to indicate the amplifier is operating normally.
Removable AC Cord: The SI-1650 comes with a 6' detachable, heavy-duty power cord that allows you to unplug it either at the amp or at the wall outlet. The amplifier uses an IEC 3-prong cord. The amplifier features an auto-switching, 110V-230V power supply.
The Niles SI-1650 replaces these items
10 questions already asked