About the Niles SSVC-2
If you're putting together a two-room audio system, Niles Audio's handy SSVC-2 gives you independent control of your sound in both rooms. It offers 12-step volume control and on/off switching for two pairs of speakers, plus impedance-magnifying circuitry to ensure safe operation of your receiver or amplifier.
- 12-step volume control
- selectable impedance magnification for safe operation with any amplifier
- handles up to 100 watts per channel
- includes 72 room/speaker stick-on labels
- accepts up to 14 to 22-gauge speaker wire
- rugged all-metal chassis
- 8-5/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01042
What's in the box:
- Speaker selector with volume control
- 72 Stick-on room labels
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Warranty and Registration Card
Niles SSVC-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles SSVC-2
Construction: The chassis is durable black metal with padded feet.
Speaker Switches: Each set of speaker outputs has an on/off switch so any combination of connected speakers can be played at any given time.
Removable Speaker Terminals: There are two removable speaker output terminal blocks and one removable speaker input terminal block. The blocks are removable, making it easier to wire the SSVC-2 into your system, and the blocks accept 14 to 22 gauge wire.
Protection Circuitry: The left and right channel ground returns are isolated to make the unit compatible with all types of amplifiers. The impedance magnification switch on the rear of the unit offers settings for up to six pair of speakers (even though there are only two pair of outputs) so the impedance load presented to the amplifier remains constant.
Volume Controls: The volume controls use autoformers instead of L-pads to minimize power loss and heat production. Each volume control uses a 12 position rotary knob with "pop-free" switching and 54 dB total attenuation.Labels: Included are 72 pre-printed label stickers for easy identification of the front panel controls.
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz +/-1.2 dB
- Power Handling: 100 watts per channel RMS at 8 ohms
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked