About the Niles WVC100K
When you install a separate volume control for your outdoor speakers, you won't have to run indoors every time you want to change the level of your music. The weatherproof WVC100K boasts a rugged, corrosion-resistant design that's built to withstand the elements season after season.
This in-wall control also offers impedance matching, which means you can safely make it a part of a multi-room speaker system incorporating up to 6 pairs of speakers. You won't have to install a speaker selector or any other type of protection device.
- power handling: 100 watts per channel
- 12-step control, 48 dB maximum attenuation
- selectable impedance magnification (2X, 4X, and 8X)
- pop-free switching between all steps
- includes knob, faceplate, stainless steel hardware, and wall gasket
- removable screwless connectors accommodate up to 16-gauge wire
- requires single-gang electrical box
- 1-1/2"W x 4"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01654
What's in the box:
- WVC100K rotary volume control
- 4 Wall plates (white/almond/bone/black)
- 4 Knobs (white/almond/bone/black)
- Rubber gasket
- 2 Flat-head screws
- 2 Phillips-head screws
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Warranty Information
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Niles WVC100K reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles WVC100K
Overview: The WVC100K is a waterproof stereo speaker volume control that connects between the speaker-level output of an amplifier, speaker selector, or a Niles distribution hub and a pair of speakers. Premium-quality parts and construction ensure high-fidelity sound with flat frequency response and 100 watts continuous power handling.
Four Colors: The WVC100K installs in-wall in an outside location in a standard single-gang junction box (J-box). The package includes a wall plate and knob in each of four colors - white, almond, bone, and black.
Selectable Impedance Magnifying Circuit: A universal impedance magnifying circuit enables the WVC100K to act as both stereo and an impedance magnifying volume control. You can magnify the speakers' impedance by a factor of two, four, or eight, allowing you to connect up to eight pair of speakers to a single amplifier or receiver. A sliding switch on the front on the volume control lets you set the impedance factor to 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x.
12-Step Control: The rotary design gives 12-step control, and a total of more than 48dB maximum attenuation. The high-quality construction assures you get pop-free switching between all steps.
Autoformers: Precision autoformers provide superior sonic performance, exceeding the audio quality of non-impedance magnifying volume controls.
Removable Screwless Speaker Connectors: Two piece, screwless speaker connectors make installation quick and secure. Each connector can accept up to 16-gauge wire.
Isolated Grounds: Isolated left and right-channel grounds ensure safety with any amplifier.
Impedance Compatibility: The WVC100K can be used with 4-, 6-, or 8-ohm speaker systems.
Outdoor Wall Mount Application: The WVC100K volume control is designed for environmental wall-mount installation. It comes with a waterproof rubber gasket to protect the volume control's internal circuits from moisture.
Speaker Wire: The WVC100K will accept stranded copper wire up to 16-gauge. Larger (lower gauge) wire is not recommended, as it will not fit into the connectors. Solid-core, aluminum, or "Romex" wire is not recommended. Most states require in-wall speaker wire to have a specific "CL" fire rating.
Required Tools: To install the WVC100K, you will need a Phillips screwdriver and wire stripper.
- Audio Power Handling: 100 watts/channel RMS; 200 watts/channel peak music power
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz (+/-1.5 dB)
- Impedance: compatible with 4-, 6-, and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Volume Control: W=1.541", H=4.067", D=3.43"
- Wall Plate: W=2.99", H=4.765", D=0.311" (Cutout Diameter: 0.693")
5 questions already asked