About the IsoTek EVO3 Ascension
A true state-of-the-art power cable
A true state-of-the-art power cable
The EVO3 Ascension takes IsoTek's power cable designs and technical innovations to their highest levels. As its price indicates, this cable is engineered to enhance the performance of cost-no-object audio systems.
Ascension features three high-purity Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC) conductors that are plated with silver for improved conductivity. The OCC process for refining copper was developed in 1986 by professor Ohno of Japan's Chiba Institute of Technology. It provides a superior level of purity compared with traditional oxygen-free copper (OFC).
The conductors are then deep cryogenically treated down to -320° F, the temperature of liquid nitrogen. At such cold temps, the copper molecules in the wire align themselves in a more uniform, compact structure, which is maintained even after the wire returns to ambient room temperature. The treatment permanently changes the physical and electrical properties of the copper. The combination of Ohno Continuous Cast with cryogenic treatment results in the most uniform molecular structure possible, for the ultimate in cable performance.
EVO3 Ascension can improve the performance of even the most esoteric audio components: high-end DACs, preamplifiers and phono preamps, power amplifiers, and more. When you sit down to listen to music, you should notice a smoother, more refined top end, better retrieval of low-level detail, and a deeper, more three-dimensional soundstage.
Where to start when upgrading power cords
The EVO3 Ascension works with most components that have a detachable, three-pole IEC power cord. Some devices respond more noticeably than others to a better power cable. Opinions vary, but here's how I would prioritize upgrading your power cords:
- source (CD player, DAC, phono preamp)
- power amplifier, powered speakers
- preamp or A/V pre-pro, power conditioner
- powered subwoofer
IsoTek is an English company that has been building award-winning power conditioners and power cables for over 15 years, enhancing high-performance stereo and home theater systems around the world.
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C19" connector for component
- three deep cryogenically treated, silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC) conductors offer exceptional conductivity
- lowering the temperature to -320° F causes permanent changes in the conductors' physical and electrical properties
- parallel construction with slight rotational twist rejects radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference
- Virtual Air Dielectric approaches vacuum conditions to create an incredibly low dielectric constant
- clear FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Teflon air tubes surround each conductor to maintain low dielectric constance and construction stability
- Mylar wrap improves common mode noise rejection
- grounded OFC braid shield enhances RFI rejection, preventing common mode noise from affecting the hot and neutral conductors
- IsoTek's audiophile-grade OFC connectors feature pure silver plating
- maximum current capacity: 16 amps
- strong, flexible PVC jacket
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISOTEK EVO3 ASCENSION C19
What's in the box:
- 2.0-meter EVO3 Ascension power cable (purple) with C-19 and US 3-pin plugs
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoTek EVO3 Ascension
Overview: IsoTek EVO3 Ascension power cables are designed to replace the cheap power cables that are included in the box of most audio/video components. Ascension power cables take power cable technology and design to a whole new level, using high quality materials to deliver amazing performance with a dramatic reduction of noise. These cables are recommended for CD players, music servers, preamps, DACs, small to medium power amplifiers, and many other home electronics. This EVO3 Ascension power cable is 2.0 meters (6'-7") in length, with a standard US 3-pin plug and an IEC C-19 connector.
Construction: EVO3 Ascension power cables feature three parallel silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) copper conductors. Each conductor is deep cryogenically treated down to -196°C. The conductors are precisely wound inside the jacket with a slight rotational twist to reject RFI and EMI noise. The individual parts of the cable include:
- Conductors: The three conductors (4.0sqmm) are made of silver-plated, ultra-pure Ohno Continuous Cast copper to provide exceptional conductivity. The larger conductors provides higher amperage for better power delivery.
- Dielectric: The cable uses a Virtual Air Dielectric which utilizes a Teflon FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) bridge to minimize conductor contact. FEP is low in friction, but highly resistant to cracks due to stress, making it a safe insulation from temperature extremes.
- Filler: Each conductor is surrounded by a clear Teflon FEP air tube to maintain low dielectric constance, and to stabilize the construction.
- Wrap: Each individual conductor is wrapped in Mylar to shield them from radio frequency interference (RFI).
- Shield: An oxygen free copper braided shield on each conductor rejects Common Mode (RFI) noise.
- Paper Wrap: A final paper wrap before the jacket provides another barrier and maintains the structure of the cable.
- Jacket: The highly flexible PVC outer jacket makes the cable easier to handle, and provides additional strength.
- Terminals: IsoTek power cables are terminated with ultra high-grade audiophile molded connectors with solid OFC (99.98% copper) and silver-plated conductors. Silver-plated conductors provide the highest level of conductivity and performance.
- Conductor Material: Silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) copper conductors
- Dielectric Constance: 1.1
- Power Rating: 16 Amp
- Cable Length: 2.0 meters (6'-7")
- Cable Outer Diameter: 17.5mm (0.69")
- Connectors: Standard US 3-pin plug -- IEC C-19 connector
- Connector Diameter: 1.6"