About the IsoTek EVO3 Elite
Cables informed by deep AC power expertise
Cables informed by deep AC power expertise
There are dozens of companies out there making high-performance power cables, but few possess the deep understanding of AC power that IsoTek has developed over the years. The company's power conditioners and power cables use high-quality materials and construction throughout to maximize current flow and minimize noise.
EVO3 Elite is a true high-end power cable that uses unique 7-core geometry to aid in power delivery, and 99.9999% oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors that are plated with silver for improved conductivity. The conductors are in a parallel construction with a slight rotational twist which provides the first line of defense against radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference.
Elite makes an ideal upgrade for high-end source components, CD players, music servers, DACs or preamplifiers. Elite can also work well with small to medium-sized power amplifiers, but for very large power amps, IsoTek recommends their EVO3 Optimum. Expect to hear a lowered noise floor, greater bass extension, and a bigger soundstage.
Where to start when upgrading power cords
The EVO3 Elite works with most components that have a detachable, three-pole IEC power cord. Some devices respond more noticeably than others to a better power cable. Opinions vary, but here's how I would prioritize upgrading your power cords:
- source (CD player, DAC, phono preamp)
- power amplifier, powered speakers
- preamp or A/V pre-pro, power conditioner
- powered subwoofer
IsoTek is an English company that has been building award-winning power conditioners and power cables for over 15 years, enhancing high-performance stereo and home theater systems around the world.
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C15" connector for component
- one large and six smaller silver-plated 99.9999% oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors aid in power delivery
- parallel construction with slight rotational twist rejects radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference
- FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Teflon insulation around each of the seven conductors
- Mylar wrap improves common mode noise rejection
- grounded OFC braided shield enhances RFI rejection, preventing common mode noise from affecting the hot and neutral conductors
- audiophile-grade OFC connectors feature 24k gold plating
- strong, flexible PVC jacket
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISOTEK EVO3 ELITE C15
What's in the box:
- 2.0-meter EVO3 Elite power cable (gold) with C15 and US 3-pin plugs
IsoTek EVO3 Elite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoTek EVO3 Elite
Overview: IsoTek EVO3 Elite power cables are designed to replace the cheap power cables that are included in the box of most audio/video components. Elite power cables use a unique 7-core geometry, and high quality materials to deliver outstanding performance with a dramatic reduction of noise. These cables are recommended for CD players, music servers, preamps, DACs, small to medium power amplifiers, and many other home electronics. This EVO3 Elite power cable is 2.0 meters (6'-7") in length, with a standard US 3-pin plug and an IEC C-15 connector.
Construction: EVO3 Elite power cables feature seven parallel conductors that are precisely wound inside the jacket with a slight rotational twist to reject RFI and EMI noise. The individual parts of the cable include:
- Conductors: The seven conductors (6 x 1.25sqmm + 1 x 3.75sqmm) are made of silver-plated, 99.999999% OFC (oxygen-free copper) to provide exceptional conductivity.
- Dielectric: Each conductor has a Teflon FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) dialectric. This chemically inert insulation provides an excellent shielding over a wide frequency range. FEP is low in friction, but highly resistant to cracks due to stress, making it a safe insulation from temperature extremes.
- Filler: Spaces around the conductors are filled with multi-strand cotton, which gives the cable internal strength. It also provides additional insulation, and reduces contact noise that may introduce unwanted electrical noise.
- Wrap: The seven conductors are wrapped with mylar prior to applying the outer jacket. The mylar wrap and cotton filler secure the construction, and form a barrier shield with the PVC jacket to maintain the cable's exceptional dielectric properties.
- Shield: An earthed OFC braided shield provides maximum rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI), and prevents Common Mode noise from effecting the live and neutral conductors.
- Jacket: The highly flexible PVC outer jacket makes the cable easier to handle, and provides additional strength.
- Terminals: IsoTek power cables are terminated with audiophile-grade molded connectors with solid OFC (99.98% copper) and 24ct gold-plated conductors. Gold-plated conductors provide a high level of conductivity, and are less likely to tarnish over time.
- Conductor Material: Silver-plated 99.999999% OFC (oxygen-free copper)
- Dielectric Constance: 2.1
- Power Rating: 16 Amp
- Cable Length: 2.0 meters (6'-7")
- Cable Outer Diameter: 11mm (0.4375")
- Connectors: Standard US 3-pin plug -- IEC C19 connector
- Connector Diameter: 1.48"