About the IsoTek EVO3 Optimum
A high-performance power cable for high-performance systems
A high-performance power cable for high-performance systems
I've been using high-performance power cables in my main system for over 15 years, with startlingly positive results. Now I'm looking forward to trying IsoTek's EVO3 Optimum cable. Many high-current power cords are as thick as snakes and almost as unruly to handle. Optimum provides a compelling sonic upgrade, yet is compact and flexible for easy hookup.
Optimum features three high-purity Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC) conductors that are plated with silver for improved conductivity. The OCC process for refining copper, developed and patented by professor Ohno of Japan's Chiba Institute of Technology, provides a superior level of purity compared with traditional oxygen-free copper (OFC).
Each conductor has a configuration of 40 strands, and each strand is square-shaped for tighter bunching. The three conductors are given a slight rotational twist to aid RFI and EMI rejection. The whole construction is enclosed in a Mylar wrap, before applying an active OFC shield for maximum rejection of high frequency interference.
EVO3 Optimum makes an ideal upgrade for source components, CD players, music servers, DACs or preamplifiers. Its current capacity makes it an outstanding choice for use with power amplifiers, even very large ones. Expect to hear a lowered noise floor, increased bass weight and precision, and a more focused soundstage
Where to start when upgrading power cords
The EVO3 Optimum works with most components that have a detachable, three-pole IEC power cord. Some devices respond more noticeably than others to a better power cable. Opinions vary, but here's how I would prioritize upgrading your power cords:
- source (CD player, DAC, phono preamp)
- power amplifier, powered speakers
- preamp or A/V pre-pro, power conditioner
- powered subwoofer
IsoTek is an English company that has been building award-winning power conditioners and power cables for over 15 years, enhancing high-performance stereo and home theater systems around the world.
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C19" connector for component
- three silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC) conductors offer exceptional conductivity
- each conductor uses a configuration of 40 strands
- parallel construction with slight rotational twist rejects radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference
- FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Teflon insulation around each of the three conductors
- Mylar wrap improves common mode noise rejection
- grounded OFC braided shield enhances RFI rejection, preventing common mode noise from affecting the hot and neutral conductors
- audiophile-grade OFC connectors feature 24k gold plating
- maximum current capacity: 16 amps
- strong, flexible PVC jacket
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISOTEK EVO3 OPTIMUM C19
What's in the box:
- 2.0-meter EVO3 Optimum power cable (red) with C-19 and US 3-pin plugs
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoTek EVO3 Optimum
Overview: IsoTek EVO3 Optimum power cables are designed to replace the cheap power cables that are included in the box of most audio/video components. Optimum power cables use conductors with square strands, and high quality materials to deliver outstanding performance with a dramatic reduction of noise. These cables are recommended for CD players, music servers, preamps, DACs, small to medium power amplifiers, and many other home electronics. This EVO3 Optimum power cable is 2.0 meters (6'-7") in length, with a standard US 3-pin plug and an IEC C-19 connector.
Construction: EVO3 Optimum power cables feature three parallel silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) copper conductors with 40 square strands arranged in a tight square configuration. This enhances electrical conductivity, and improves flexibility and resistance to fatigue and corrosion. The conductors are precisely wound inside the jacket with a slight rotational twist to reject RFI and EMI noise. The individual parts of the cable include:
- Conductors: The three conductors (3 sqcm) are made of silver-plated, Ohno Continuous Cast copper to provide exceptional conductivity.
- Dielectric: Each conductor has a Teflon FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) dialectric. This chemically inert insulation provides an excellent shielding over a wide frequency range. FEP is low in friction, but highly resistant to cracks due to stress, making it a safe insulation from temperature extremes.
- Filler: Spaces around the conductors are filled with multi-strand cotton, which gives the cable internal strength. It also provides additional insulation, and reduces contact noise that may introduce unwanted electrical noise.
- Wrap: The three conductors are wrapped with mylar prior to applying the outer jacket. The mylar wrap and cotton filler secure the construction, and form a barrier shield with the PVC jacket to maintain the cable's exceptional dielectric properties.
- Shield: An earthed OFC braided shield provides maximum rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI), and prevents Common Mode noise from effecting the live and neutral conductors.
- Jacket: The highly flexible PVC outer jacket makes the cable easier to handle, and provides additional strength.
- Terminals: IsoTek power cables are terminated with audiophile-grade molded connectors with solid OFC (99.98% copper) and 24ct gold-plated conductors. Gold-plated conductors provide a high level of conductivity, and are less likely to tarnish over time.
- Conductor Material: Silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast Copper
- Dielectric Constance: 2.1
- Power Rating: 16 Amp
- Cable Length: 2.0 meters (6'-7")
- Cable Outer Diameter: 12.5mm (0.49")
- Connectors: Standard US 3-pin plug -- IEC C-19 connector
- Connector Diameter: 1.5"