About the IsoTek EVO3 Premier
A great performance/value choice in a power cable
A great performance/value choice in a power cable
The EVO3 Premier power cable was inspired by discussions with high-end electronics companies, many of whom build audio components that sell for big money, yet are bundled with poor quality power cords that significantly constrain performance. The EVO3 family of power cables uses high-quality materials and construction throughout to maximize current flow and minimize noise.
The Premier is built around high-purity "six 9s" oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors that are plated with silver for improved conductivity. The conductors are in a parallel construction with a slight rotational twist which provides the first line of defense against radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference.
Replacing the standard power cord of a single component with a Premier will typically lower a system's noise floor, allowing more low-level details in the music to come through, and creating a sense of greater overall clarity. Replacing other standard cords can reap additional performance gains. Premier is suitable for midrange CD and Blu-ray players, preamps, low- to mid-powered amplifiers, music servers, and more.
As with everything you purchase from Crutchfield, you have 60 days to try it out to make sure it meets your expectations.
Where to start when upgrading power cords
The EVO3 Premier works with most components that have a detachable, three-pole IEC power cord. Some devices respond more noticeably than others to a better power cable. Opinions vary, but here's how I would prioritize upgrading your power cords:
- source (CD player, DAC, phono preamp)
- power amplifier, powered speakers
- preamp or A/V pre-pro, power conditioner
- powered subwoofer
IsoTek is an English company that has been building award-winning power conditioners and power cables for over 15 years, enhancing high-performance stereo and home theater systems around the world.
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C13/C15" connector for component
- three silver-plated 99.9999% oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors offer enhanced conductivity
- FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Teflon insulation around each of the three conductors
- molded audiophile-grade OFC connectors feature 24k gold plating
- maximum current capacity: 16 amps
- strong, flexible PVC jacket
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISOTEK EVO3 PREMIER C15
What's in the box:
- 1.5-meter EVO3 Premier power cable (blue) with C-15 and US 3-pin plugs
- Isotek product brochure
IsoTek EVO3 Premier reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoTek EVO3 Premier
Overview: IsoTek EVO3 Premier power cables are designed to replace the cheap power cables that are included in the box of most audio/video components. Premier power cables use high quality materials to deliver outstanding performance with a dramatic reduction of noise. These cables are recommended for CD players, preamps, tuners, power amplifiers, Blu-ray players, TVs, soundbars, and many other home electronics. This EVO3 Premier power cable is 1.5 meters (59") in length, with a standard US 3-pin plug and an IEC C-15 connector.
Construction: EVO3 Premier power cables feature three parallel conductors that are precisely wound inside the jacket with a slight rotational twist to reject RFI and EMI noise. The individual parts of the cable include:
- Conductors: The three 2.0sqmm conductors are made of silver-plated, 99.9999% OFC (oxygen-free copper) to provide exceptional conductivity.
- Dielectric: Each conductor has a Teflon FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) dialectric. This chemically inert insulation provides an excellent shielding over a wide frequency range. FEP is low in friction, but highly resistant to cracks due to stress, making it a safe insulation from temperature extremes.
- Filler: Spaces around the conductors are filled with multi-strand cotton, which gives the cable internal strength. It also provides additional insulation, and reduces contact noise that may introduce unwanted electrical noise.
- Wrap: The three conductors are wrapped with a paper material prior to applying the outer jacket. The paper wrap and cotton filler form a buffer with the PVC jacket to maintain the cable's exceptional dielectric properties.
- Jacket: The highly flexible PVC outer jacket makes the cable easier to handle, and provides additional strength.
- Terminals: IsoTek power cables are terminated with audiophile-grade molded connectors with solid OFC (90% copper/10% zinc) and 24ct gold-plated conductors. Gold-plated conductors provide a high level of conductivity, and are less likely to tarnish over time.
- Conductor Material: Silver-plated 99.9999% OFC (oxygen-free copper)
- Dielectric Constance: 2.1
- Power Rating: 16 Amp
- Cable Length: 1.5 meters (59")
- Cable Outer Diameter: 10mm (0.4")
- Connectors: Standard US 3-pin plug -- IEC C-15 connector
- Connector Diameter: 1.451"