About the Nuheara IQbuds2 MAX
Hear more detail in music and conversations
Hear more detail in music and conversations
I'm a fan of Nuheara's IQbuds Boost, the company's previous generation of true wireless earbuds. I've found them to be especially helpful for revealing high-frequency details in music that I'd been missing out on over the years. They can also boost the sound of conversations, putting extensive controls at your fingertips via an excellent mobile app.
What's new with the IQbuds2 MAX?
Nuheara's newest true wireless earbuds, the IQbuds2 MAX, look to improve upon the previous generation in several ways:
- active noise cancellation
- larger 9.2mm dynamic drivers for better bass
- a new and improved charging case
- more powerful built-in processing
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a pair soon, so please stay tuned for a complete review to come!
- true wireless earbuds with Bluetooth® version 5.0
- three built-in mics per earbud pick up external sounds
- active noise cancellation
- hear more detail in conversations and music
- make hands-free phone calls
- large 9.2mm drivers with vented acoustical design for clear sound with robust bass
- earbud tap touch controls
- music play/pause
- access your voice control assistant via Bluetooth
- toggle external sounds on/off
IQbuds mobile app:
- hearing self-assessment takes about 10 minutes
- displays a graphical representation of your personal hearing profile
- toggle outside world on/off
- adjust the volume, EQ, and angle of focus of external mics
- external sound presets include Home, Street, Office, Restaurant, and more
- blend audio streams with the sound of the outside world
- optional IQstream TV adapter lets you play sound from movies and TV shows
- SINC™ processing adjusts balance of ambient noise and speech
- for Android™ and Apple® phones
Battery & charging:
- up to 5 hours of music per earbud charge (8 hours hearing processing)
- improved Gen 2 charging case lets you bank up to 20 hours of music streaming (32 hours hearing processing)
- LED indicators show you remaining case charge and earbud charge status
Additional features & specs:
- 3 pairs of silicone ear tips and 3 pairs of Comply™ memory foam tips
- earbuds are sweat- and rain-resistant
- hearing enhancement uses NAL-NL2 formula for optimum speech intelligibility
- FCC Mark certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NU318
What's in the box:
- Left and right IQbuds² MAX in-ear wireless earbuds
- Charging Case
- 3 Pairs of Comply foam ear tips
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 12" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Storage Pouch
- Safety and Handling Information
- Quick Start card (English / German / French versions)
Nuheara IQbuds2 MAX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nuheara IQbuds2 MAX
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||1.017" x 0.814"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: Nuheara IQbuds² MAX (NU318) are wireless in-ear headphones that are designed for people who suffer from some degree of hearing loss. Like other "true wireless" headphones, IQbuds² MAX can stream music and take phone calls wirelessly from your smartphone. The companion app features Ear ID, which helps analyze your hearing and boost the frequencies that make up your hearing loss. You'll be able to hear conversations and natural sounds better, and make your music and TV shows more enjoyable. IQbuds² MAX features Active Noise Cancellation+, using three microphones to capture ambient noise and create cancellation waves in the ear to cancel distracting sounds and noise. IQbuds² MAX includes three pairs of Comply foam ear tips, three pairs of silicone ear tips, a charging case, and cloth carrying pouch.
Bluetooth 5.0: IQbuds² MAX has Bluetooth version 5.0 for music playback and phone calls. They feature A2DP v1.3.1, HFP v1.7, HSP v1.2, and AVRCP v1.6 Bluetooth profiles, and support aptX and aptX Low Latency for better sound quality and no delay from TV audio. The IQbuds are compatible with Siri and Google Now, and can be activated through the touch-sensitive panels on each ear bud. The ear buds are resistant to water, sweat, and rain, and have an IP54 water resistance rating.
IQbuds App: To take advantage of the features of IQbuds² MAX, you will need to download the IQbuds application to your smartphone. With the app, you can view your Ear ID results, raise or lower the volume of each ear bud independently, personalize the sound to your liking (EQ), and control features such as SINC, World Blend, World EQ, and Focus. The app is compatible with Android devices running version 5.0 and up, and with Apple iPhone and iPad with iOS 10.0 or later.
Ear ID: Ear ID is a clinically-backed audiometric hearing assessment that calibrates the IQbuds² MAX to your personal hearing profile. Before you begin, there will be a series of tones to test your ear tips to see if they fit your ears will. The assessment follows three steps: Measure, Analyze, and Calibrate. After downloading the IQbuds app, you can complete the Ear ID in-app hearing test, which takes around 10 minutes. A series of tones are played in each ear bud at 500Hz, 1000Hz, 2000Hz, 3000Hz, 4000Hz, and 6000Hz, within a range of 20dB to 70dB. As you respond to the tones using the app, Ear ID evaluates your unique hearing profile, and then calibrates your IQbuds especially for you, using the licensed NAL-NL2 self-fitting formula. The IQbuds don't simply amplify all sounds. They boost sounds in the frequencies shown to be lacking in your hearing profile. The result is clearer conversations in noisy environments, enhanced music enjoyment, and the ability to adjust the amount of ambient noise that you hear.
Active Noise Cancellation+: The IQbuds² MAX utilizes the most advanced form of Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) available in a wireless ear bud. ANC+ uses three microphones to pickup and analyze sounds inside and outside the ear. Cancellation signals are created in the ear to reduce distracting sounds. Whether it's conversations, fans, background noise, TVs or radios, or street noise, you'll be able to focus on the task at hand without all of the distractions.
Locations: The IQbuds app includes presets for specific locations to provide the best experience depending on the environment. You can choose up to four favorites from the list of locations, including Home, Workout, Street, Office, Restaurant, etc. Under each location, you can tweak and save the settings for volume, SINC, EQ, and Focus. Using the Locations presets helps the IQbuds² MAX to adapt to your surroundings faster for best results.
SINC: Speech-In-Noise Control (SINC), lets you control the balance between "world" noise and speech. In the a circular touch control in the IQbuds app, you can blend in the level of ambient noise you want in your ear buds. Rotating the control counter-clockwise reduces the amount of world noise, while a clockwise motion increases it. SINC can be turned on/off with a single tap of the right ear bud, or in the app.
Focus: IQbuds² MAX can isolate and enhance the sounds directly in front of you using the built-in directional microphones and audio "beamforming" technology. The Focus feature lets you hear conversations much more clearly in noisy restaurants or at dinner parties. While SINC suppresses sound from all directions, Focus lets you choose to suppress noise directly behind you, while enhancing the sound in front of you. Focus can be turned on or off using the IQbuds app.
Tap Touch Controls: The outer surface of the IQbuds² MAX ear buds is touch sensitive. Using the IQbuds app, you can customize the controls using the Tap Touch feature to control different functions without needing to touch your phone. There are three touch gestures for each ear bud: tap, double tap, and long tap. You can assign functions for each ear bud and each gesture. Functions include volume up, volume down, play/pause, previous track, next track, voice assistant (Siri or Google Now), and more.
Battery Power: Each IQbuds² MAX ear bud has a 115mAh rechargeable battery, plus the included charging case contains a 800mAh battery. Fully charged ear buds provide approximately 5 hours of audio streaming, 8 hours of hearing processing, or 4 hours 20 minutes of IQstream TV streaming time. The charging case provides hours of additional battery power to the IQbuds, for three additional recharges. That's 20 total hours of music streaming, or 32 hours of hearing processing. The ear buds charge in approximately 2 hours inside the charging case. The charging case takes about 2 hours to charge, using the included USB cable. Two LEDs on the front of the charging case indicate the charging status of the ear buds inside, while a single LED on the side shows the charging status of the case. The charging case output is rated at 5 Volts / 1.1 Amps. Charging case dimensions: Width 3.074" Height 1.153" Depth 2.25".
Included Ear Tips: The IQbuds² MAX includes a total of 6 pairs of ear tips to make sure you have the best fit. There are three pairs of soft, silicone ear tips, plust three pairs of Comply Foam ear tips which provide maximum noise isolation, soft comfort, a secure fit.
Optional IQStream TV: With the optional Nuheara IQstream TV, you can stream high quality sound from your TV directly to your IQbuds. You can enjoy watching TV at your own volume level, while allowing others to watch TV at a comfortable level.
The Nuheara IQbuds2 MAX replaces these items
- hearing enhancement helps you perceive more detail in music, conversations, and other external sounds
- personalized hearing profile is calibrated to your ears through the IQbuds app
- charging case banks enough power for up to 20 hours of music playback or 32 hours of hearing enhancement
3 questions already asked