About the Yale Real Living Assure Lever Keypad Lock (YRL216) with Wi-Fi Module
Expand your entry options
Expand your entry options
Want to add a convenient security solution to a side entrance, basement door, or interior room? The Assure Lever from Yale is designed specifically for those types of single-hole doors — in other words, doors without deadbolts. And thanks to the included Connected by August kit, you'll actually get four ways to lock and unlock your door.
- Automatically: You can simply approach the door with your smartphone on your person, and it will automatically unlock with Bluetooth. You can also set it to automatically lock as you leave.
- Keypad: No phone on you? Just enter your unique entry code on the backlit buttons of the keypad to get in. Thanks to the included Connected by August network module, the lock can store up to 250 unique entry codes chosen by you. These codes are between 4 and 8 digits, and they can be created or removed at any time.
- App: You don't even have to be near the door for this one. If a friend, delivery driver, or contractor needs access to your home, you can let them in using the app from wherever you are. This option works well in conjunction with August video doorbells (sold separately) because you can see the visitor and allow him entry right from within the same app.
- Key: This kit includes two keys — great for members of the household who might prefer the more traditional approach.
If you want similar functionality for a door with a deadbolt, check out this version.
Yale's Real Living Lever Lock comes in your choice of three colors: satin nickel (shown), oil rubbed bronze, and polished brass.
More smart features
There's actually a fifth way to lock and unlock your door — you can use your voice. This kit is compatible with all the major voice assistants (sold separately) so you can lock, unlock, or check the lock status with your choice of Siri, Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa. Unlocking the door with your voice assistant may require a verbal PIN code, so this one is best done out of earshot of strangers.
This lock has robust app functionality thanks to the included August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge and network module. In addition to locking and unlocking the door using the app, you can keep an eye on who is coming and going with the 24/7 activity feed. And thanks to the included DoorSense™ unit, you can even use the app to see if your door is open or closed.
- electronic door lock and lever for single-hole doors (without a deadbolt)
- create up to 250 unique passcodes between 4 and 8 digits in length
- backlit buttons are easy to see
- unlock the door with app, passcode, Bluetooth, or key
- locks with one touch
- compatible with August video doorbells (sold separately)
- includes August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge and Connected by August network module
- control with free August app:
- monitor, lock, and unlock from anywhere
- receive notifications and view access history
- automatically lock and unlock with your smartphone via Bluetooth
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- fits doors 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" thick
- doors with thickness of 1-3/8" require a thin door gasket (sold separately)
- fits doors with a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (measurement from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole)
- face bore hole: 2-1/8"
- edge bore hole: 1"
- will not fit under deadbolts with standard center-to-center bore hole spacing
Specs and warranty:
- powered by 4 replaceable "AA" batteries (included)
- exterior: 2-5/8"W x 6-1/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- interior: 2-13/16"W x 6-7/16"H x 4-7/8"D
- warranty: limited lifetime warranty for finish and mechanical; one year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YRL216CBA605
What's in the box:
- The Yale Real Living Assure Keypad Lever Lock (Polished Brass) with Connected by August features the Yale Assure Keypad Lever Lock (YRL216) and the Connected by August Kit (packaged separately).
- The YRL216 Assure Keypad Lever Lock box contains:
- Interior lock (Polished Brass) with attached battery cover
- Interior mounting plate (attached)
- Exterior lock (Polished Brass)
- 2 Levers (Polished Brass)
- Lock cylinder
- 2 Keys
- Deadbolt latch assembly
- Strike plate
- Battery cover key
- 4 AA alkaline batteries
- 2 Through bolts (M6 x 59.5mm)
- Four 20mm combo wood and machine screws (#7 wood and #8-32 machine)
- 2 Inside lock screws (#8-32 x 5/16")
- 2 Pan head machine screws (M4 x 22mm)
- Installation and Programming Instructions
- Door marking template
- "Before You Begin" sheet
- Important Information on Product Returns
- The Connected by August Kit box contains:
- Connected by August module
- Connect plug-in Wi-Fi bridge
- DoorSense Cover
- DoorSense Housing
- DoorSense mounting tape
- 2 Mounting screws (length 3/4")
- DoorSense cap
- Terms and Conditions
- August App downloading instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yale Real Living Assure Lever Keypad Lock (YRL216) with Wi-Fi Module
Overview: The Yale Real Living Assure Lever Lock (YRL216) with the Connected by August Kit is a standalone push-button lever lock for single-hole doors, including side entries, garages, basements, and more. The lock offers keyless entry through the use of the push-button keypad, or keyed entry, if desired. Two keys are included. With the included Connected by August Kit, you can lock, unlock, and monitor the door lock from anywhere using the August app. The app allows you to activate the lock with your voice using Amazon's Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri (Apple HomeKit). You can store up to 250 unique entry codes, between 4 and 8 digits, to gain entry to your door. Without the Connected by August Smart Module installed, there are only 25 possible entry codes. The Yale Assure smart lock is powered by 4 "AA" alkaline batteries (included). It is available in Satin Nickel, Polished Brass, and Oil Rubbed Bronze finishes.
Door Compatibility: You can install the Yale Assure Lock on doors with a thickness of 1-3/8" to 1-3/4". A special order thin door gasket kit must be used for doors 1-3/8" thick. The door should have a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole), with a face bore hole of 2-1/8" and an edge bore hole of 1".
Installation Overview: Once you have removed the existing door hardware, you should use the included template to be sure your door is compatible (with the proper door thickness, backset placement, and bore hole size). The new latch and strike plate are installed in the bore holes. There are two components of the door lock -- the external escutcheon with the keypad, and the internal escutcheon with the battery compartment. The external unit is mounted to the door and attached to the inside mounting plate on the other side with the long through screws. The two units plug together via the 10-pin cable attached to the keypad unit. The internal escutcheon mounts to the mounting plate via two short screws. Once the levers and other hardware are installed and tested mechanically, you can insert the Connected by August Module and the 4 "AA" batteries into the slot in the battery compartment. Programming the Smart Lock involves setting the Master PIN and as many User PINs as you need.
Yale Assure Lock Features: The Yale Assure Lock offers the following general features:
- Automatic Re-lock: You can program the Smart Lock to automatically re-lock after a preset amount of time: 30 seconds (default), 60 seconds, 2 minutes, or 3 minutes. You can also disable the feature, as well.
- Inside Indicator Light: The indoor escutcheon has an LED indicator to show you at a glance if the door is locked or unlocked. The default setting is "disengaged."
- One Touch Locking: When the latch is retracted, you can press any key on the keypad to immediately lock the door. The default setting is "engaged."
- Privacy Button Setting: Privacy Mode disables all PIN codes and puts the lock into a "do not disturb" mode. By default, this feature is disabled, and you must press the privacy button (on the indoor escutcheon) for more than 4 seconds to enable it.
- Audio Mode: When a PIN is entered correctly, the Smart Lock will sound a confirmation tone. If you wish to defeat the tones, you can disable the feature through programming.
- All Code Lockout: This mode restricts access to all users except with the Master PIN code. When one of the other PIN codes is entered, the keypad flashes 8 times, and beeps 3 times.
- Network Settings: You can allow the Smart Lock to connect with a network controller. You can program the lock to join or exit the network through the programming menu.
Connected by August Kit: The Yale Assure Keypad Lever Lock is packaged with the Connected by August Kit. The kit includes the Connected by August module, the August Connect Wi-Fi bridge, and DoorSense unit. The August Connect, uses your home's Wi-Fi network and Internet connection to control the Smart Lock from anywhere through the August Home app. Connect also allows you to control the Smart Lock using voice commands through Alexa, or the Google Assistant. The Connect Wi-Fi bridge is 2-3/8" square x 1-1/2" deep, and plugs into a standard AC outlet, and must be within 15 feet of the Smart Lock to connect. DoorSense can sense whether or not your door is open or closed. A magnet in the DoorSense module interacts with the SmartLock when the door is closed. You can view the condition of the door (open or closed, locked or unlocked) on the August Home app. DoorSense can be surface-mounted or flush-mounted next to the door latch, and requires only a screwdriver to install. (Flush mounting also requires drilling a 5/8" hole in the door frame.) Connected by August provides the following programmable features:
- Unlocks Automatically: As you approach the door with your smartphone, the lock automatically connects to your phone and unlocks the door. You can also set it to lock as you leave, so you won't have to worry about whether you remembered to lock the door.
- Share Access: You can grant access to your home for the people you trust. Access can be permanent, temporary, or on a unique schedule.
- History: The August app keeps track of who comes and goes, giving you a smartphone notification, as well as a 24/7 access history.
- Voice Access: The lock works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, and Siri (including Apple HomeKit), allowing you to lock or unlock the door using your voice.
August Home App: To control your Yale Assure lever lock with the Connected by August Kit, you must download the August Home app to your smartphone. The free is app is available from the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices with iOS 11.0 or later. It works with the Apple Watch with watchOS 4.0 or later. The app is also available from Google Play for Android devices running version 6.0 and up.
Warranty: The Yale Real Living Assure Lever Lock is covered by a Limited Lifetime warranty for the finish and mechanical operation of the lock. The electronics are covered for one year. These warranties apply to the original owner only.
Dimensions: The Yale Assure Lever Lock's main components have the following dimensions:
- Outdoor Escutcheon: Width 2.6", Height 6.059", Depth 4.297", Weight 15.25 ounces
- Indoor Escutcheon: Width 2.764", Height 6.382, Depth 4.821", Weight 1.596 pounds (w/batteries)