About the Yale Real Living Assure Lock Keypad Deadbolt (YRD216)
A convenient security solution
A convenient security solution
When my dogwalker lost his key to my house, I had to remember to leave mine in the lockbox for him until I could get to the hardware store to make another one. It took longer than I care to admit. With this electronic lock, I'd never have to worry about lost keys ever again.
Yale's Real Living Assure Lock will open with a key or an entry code chosen by you.
All you need to replace your existing lock is a screwdriver — everything else to get you going is included in the box. The lock can store up to 25 unique entry codes chosen by you. These codes are between 4 and 8 digits, and they can be created or removed at any time using the keypad.
Real buttons you can press
The backlit keypad on this version has actual buttons, which I love. Use your unique code to unlock the door. Then press any button to lock it as you leave. The lock also comes with two keys if some members of the household prefer to kick it old school.
You can make it smarter, if you want
The Assure Lock on its own is a great way to add coded entry to your home. But it's also compatible with Yale's Network Modules if you want to add smart home integration. Modules for Z-Wave®, ZigBee®, or HomeKit™ (sold separately) are simply inserted into the interior side of the lock.
Adding a network module also increases your possible pin options from 25 to 250.
- electronic door lock replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver (not included)
- voice guidance walks you through setup and customization
- create up to 25 unique passcodes between 4 and 8 digits in length
- backlit buttons are easy to see
- unlock the door with passcode or key
- locks with one touch
- compatible with Yale Network Modules (sold separately) for Z-Wave, ZigBee, or HomeKit smart home integration
- lock can store up to 250 entry codes when upgraded with a Network Module
- fits doors 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick
- doors with thickness of 1-3/8" require a thin door gasket (sold separately)
- fits doors with a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (measurement from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole)
- face bore hole: 2-1/8"
- edge bore hole: 1"
Specs and warranty:
- powered by 4 replaceable "AA" batteries (included)
- exterior: 5-3/16"H x 2-3/4"W x 1-3/16"D
- interior: 6-7/8"H x 3"W x 2-1/8"D
- warranty: limited lifetime warranty for finish and mechanical; one year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YRD216NR619
What's in the box:
- Outdoor unit with keypad (Satin Nickel)
- Indoor unit with thumbturn (Satin Nickel)
- Inside mounting plate (attached to the indoor unit)
- Deadbolt latch assembly
- 2 Keys
- 4 "AA" alkaline batteries
- Strike plate
- 2 Through bolts (M6 x 59.5mm)
- Four 20mm combo wood and machine screws (#7 wood and #8-32 machine)
- 3 Inside lock screws (#8-32 x 5/16")
- Installation and Programming Instructions
- Door marking template
- "Before You Begin" sheet
- Important Information on Product Returns
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yale Real Living Assure Lock Keypad Deadbolt (YRD216)
Overview: The Yale Real Living Assure Deadbolt Lock (YRD216) is a standalone push-button lock that replaces your existing deadbolt door lock. The lock offers keyless entry through the use of the push-button keypad, or keyed entry, if desired. You can store up to 25 unique entry codes, between 4 and 8 digits, to gain entry to your door. The Yale Assure lock is powered by 4 "AA" alkaline batteries (included). It is available in Satin Nickel, Polished Brass, and Oil Rubbed Bronze finishes.
Note: Versions of the YRD216 are available with an optional plug-in Smart Module to integrate the lock into your smart home, and expand the number of entry codes to 250.
Door Compatibility: You can install the Yale Assure Lock on doors with a thickness of 1-3/4" to 2-1/4". A special order thin door gasket kit must be used for doors 1-3/8" thick. The door should have a backset distance of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" (from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole), with a face bore hole of 2-1/8" and an edge bore hole of 1".
Installation Overview: Once you have removed the existing door hardware, you should use the included template to be sure your door is compatible (with the proper door thickness, backset placement, and bore hole size). The new latch and strike plate are installed in the bore holes. There are two components of the door lock -- the external escutcheon with the keypad, and the internal escutcheon with the thumbturn. The external unit is mounted to the door and attached to the inside mounting plate on the other side with the long through screws. The two units plug together via the 10-pin cable attached to the keypad unit. The internal escutcheon mounts to the mounting plate via three short screws. Once the hardware is installed and tested mechanically, you can insert the 4 "AA" batteries into the slot in the battery compartment. Programming the lock involves setting the Master PIN and as many User PINs as you need.
Other Programming Features: In addition to setting the Master PIN and User PINs, you can program these other convenient features:
- Automatic Re-lock: You can program the Yale Assure Lock to automatically re-lock after a preset amount of time: 30 seconds (default), 60 seconds, 2 minutes, or 3 minutes. You can also disable the feature, as well.
- Inside Indicator Light: The indoor escutcheon has an LED indicator to show you at a glance if the door is locked or unlocked. The default setting is "disengaged."
- One Touch Locking: When the latch is retracted, you can press any key on the keypad to immediately lock the door. The default setting is "engaged."
- Privacy Button Setting: Privacy Mode disables all PIN codes and puts the lock into a "do not disturb" mode. By default, this feature is disabled, and you must press the privacy button (on the indoor escutcheon) for more than 4 seconds to enable it.
- Audio Mode: When a PIN is entered correctly, the lock will sound a confirmation tone. If you wish to defeat the tones, you can disable the feature through programming.
- All Code Lockout: This mode restricts access to all users except with the Master PIN code. When one of the other PIN codes is entered, the keypad flashes 8 times, and beeps 3 times.
- Network Settings: You can allow the lock to connect with a network controller. You can program the lock to join or exit the network through the programming menu. (Yale Smart Module required)
Warranty: The Yale Real Living Assure Lock is covered by a Limited Lifetime warranty for the finish and mechanical operation of the lock. The electronics are covered for one year. These warranties apply to the original owner only.
Dimensions: The Yale Assure Lock's main components have the following dimensions:
- Outdoor Escutcheon: Width 2.588", Height 5.014", Depth 1.263", Weight 1.268 pounds
- Indoor Escutcheon: Width 2.762", Height 6.41", Depth 2.085", Weight 1.614 pounds (w/batteries)