About the Bose® PackLite Model A1 Power Amplifier
Add more bass to your L1 system
Add more bass to your L1 system
You love your Bose L1 Model II speaker system, but you want more low-end punch than its bass module can provide. Bose designed their PackLite Model A1 power amplifier to drive a Bose B2 bass module (or up to two Bose B1 bass speakers) in conjunction with your system. The PackLite amp comes with a balanced input cable that plugs into the L1 Model II's power stand. The B1 and B2 modules both come with their own speaker wiring, so you can get going with no extra purchases necessary.
Plays well with others
Although designed specifically to go with a Bose L1 Model II, the PackLite Model A1 amplifier will also work in almost any system configuration.
- bass power amplifier for a Bose L1 Model II system
- powers one B2 or up to two B1 bass modules
- 250 watts x 1 at 4 ohms (4 ohms minimum impedance)
- input: 1/4" TRS (cable included)
- output: Speakon (NL4)
- Nylon carry pouch included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 351971-0010
What's in the box:
- PackLite Model A1 power amplifier
- 20" Balanced cable (1/4" TRS both ends)
- AC Power cord
- Owner's guide
More details on the Bose® PackLite Model A1 Power Amplifier
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Class||Class D|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||125|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||250|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||---|
Overview: The Bose PackLite Model A1 portable amplifier is designed to be used in conjunction with a Bose L1 Model II (B1) or L1 Model II (B2) speaker system (sold separately), letting you power up to two additional B1 bass modules or a single B2 bass module (both sold separately). The amplifier can also be used to power other passive loudspeakers, such as a bass guitar cabinet or floor monitor, providing up to 250 watts for a 4Ω load (125W for an 8Ω load).
Connections and Indicators: Along with the AC power input socket and On/Off Switch, the PackLite A1 amplifier includes the following connections and indicators:
- Input Connector: A 1/4" TRS/TS (balanced/unbalanced) jack provides the input for the amplifier. This can be connected to either the Bass-Line Out jack on a connected L1 speaker system, or from another line-level output source using a 1/4" TRS or TS cable.
- Output Connector: This consists of an NL4 (Speakon) jack that can be plugged directly into either a Bose B1 or B2 bass module using the cable supplied with the bass module. The PackLite amp can power either a single B2 bass module, or up to two B1 bass modules. The Output jack can accommodate either a 2- or 4-wire Speakon connector, which can also be used to power an outboard bass cabinet, subwoofer, or monitor (4Ω or 8Ω).
- Thru Connector: A 1/4" TRS/TS connector is used for passing the Input signal out to another PackLite amplifier allowing you to "daisy-chain" two amps and bass modules.
- Indicators: The top of the PackLite
amp includes 2 LED indicators:
- Power: Lights blue when the amp is powered on and ready for use.
- Signal: Lights green when a signal is present and red if the signal is being overdriven. The amp features a built-in limiting function that activates if the signal is overdriven, helping prevent damage to the connected speaker.
- Amp Class: Class-D
- 4Ω Load: 250 Watts RMS
- 8Ω Load: 125 Watts RMS
- Minimum Impedance: 4Ω
- Signal to Noise: 100dB (20Hz - 20kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Voltage Gain: 30dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.15V (+3.4dBu)
- Input Impedance:
- Balanced: 110kΩ
- Unbalanced: 55kΩ
- Input Clipping: 10Vrms (+22dBu)
- Protection: Self-resetting thermal, short circuit, and over-current.
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 122˚F
- Dimensions: Width - 5.60", Height - 2.30", Depth - 10.30"
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.