About the Bose® B1
Bose has always been known for delivering impressive sound quality from their compact products, and their first move into the portable PA market immediately found a ready clientele for a loud, clean, and easily-transported sound system. The B1 bass module is designed for use with Bose's L1® Model II flexible array PA speaker (sold separately), giving you the option of adding more bass for a larger audience in an easy-to-transport package with a small footprint that fits almost any space.
Made to work
The L1 features a powered speaker stand that drives the bass module, allowing you to connect the B1 bass module and the L1 speaker stack into a single, stable unit. The L1's amplifier drives the two 5.25" speakers with 1000 watts, giving you up to 130 dB of output. Amplifier controls include phase switching and a switchable high-pass filter for the line outputs, giving you additional control over your sound. The wood cabinet features high-impact composite end caps to help protect against damage, while the enclosure's built-in handles make transport easier.
The B1 bass module is designed for use with Bose's L1® Model II and L1 Model 1S flexible array PA speakers (sold separately), creating a portable, full-range PA that excels in a variety of environments. The L1 power stand can drive two B1 modules; when connected to the power stand, active equalization circuitry automatically adjusts the bass signal for the best sound. From live music and DJs to houses of worship and work presentations, the Bose B1 bass module will give you the extra punch you're looking for.
- bass module with two 5.25" speakers
- designed for use with Bose L1® speaker systems
- powered by amp in the L1 speaker system
- input: Bose 4-pin cable
- output: 1/4"
- dimensions: 13-3/8"W x 10-1/4"H x 17-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 351964-0010
What's in the box:
- B1 Bass module
- Bass module cable (4-wire)
- Protective cover
- Owner's manual
More details on the Bose® B1
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||Not given|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose B1 bass module is a passive bass speaker specifically designed to be used in conjunction with the Bose L1 Model II (B1) portable loudspeaker system (sold separately). The B1 bass module features two 5.25" low-frequency drivers, in a compact and portable enclosure, that receives an amplified signal from the connected L1 Power Stand. Each Power Stand can provide up to 250 watts of output power to either one or two connected B1 bass modules.
Connection: The B1 bass module receives an amplifier signal from the L1 Power Stand through a proprietary NL4 Input connection. An additional Output (thru) jack of the same type is provided for daisy-chaining two B1 bass modules to an L1 Power Stand. Note: No more than two B1 bass modules can be connected to an L1 Power Stand's Bass Module Output.
Compatibility: The B1 bass module can be used with both versions of the Bose L1 Model II series:
- Bose L1 Model II (B1): The B1 can be used with this system, either as an add-on to the B1 bass module included with the system or as a replacement for it.
- Bose L1 Model II (B2): To use the B1 with this speaker system, an optional Bose PackLite power amplifier is required (sold separately). The PackLite amplifier plugs into the 1/4" Bass Line Out port on the L1 Power Stand and provides a powered signal for up to two B1 bass modules. Alternatively, when using the Bass Module Output of the L1 Power Stand, two B1 bass modules can be used in place of the single B2 bass module that originally came with the system.
- Bose L1 Model 1S: The B1 bass module (up to 2) can be used with the L1 Model 1S *only* if replacing the B2 bass module that originally came with the L1 system. The L1 Model 1S does not include a Bass Line Out port for an optional PackLite amplifier.