About the Bose® DesignMax DM5C
Get a free system design
A speaker for tile ceilings
If your restaurant or office has drop ceilings, Bose DesignMax DM5C in-ceiling speakers offer a solid option for background music and announcements. Each features a 5-1/4" woofer and a coaxially mounted 1" neodymium dome tweeter. A 160° conical dispersion pattern helps you get maximum coverage with relatively few speakers.
Designed for performance
The new DesignMax Series offers some helpful perks when it comes to audio performance. Dispersion Alignment System technology ensures optimum blending of high, mid, and low frequencies throughout the speaker's listening area. And custom Bose-designed drivers deliver flat frequency response without the need for additional DSP or EQ processing.
More benefits of DesignMax
DesignMax in-ceiling speakers offer faster, safer installation. The enclosure includes QuickHold spring-loaded mounting arms that hold the speaker in place so your hands are free to finish the installation. They also blend into your decor, with minimum-bezel grilles and a removable Bose logo. An adjustable tile bridge is included. When installing in new construction, a Bose rough-in kit (not included) can help you mark speaker locations.
Part of a customizable Bose system
The Bose DesignMax product line includes speakers that fit in different spaces but are designed to work together.
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- pair of in-ceiling speakers
- 5-1/4" woofer with coaxially mounted 1" neodymium dome tweeter
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® DesignMax components
- 160° conical dispersion pattern
- multi-tap transformer:
- 70-volt taps at 3, 6, 12, 25, and 50 watts
- 100-volt taps at 6, 12, 25, and 50 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 50 watts continuous program power at 8 ohms
- frequency response: 70-17,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- adjustable tile bridge included
- built-in plenum-rated back can
- QuickHold spring-loaded mounting arms for easy, safe installation
- 12" diameter x 8-1/8" depth
- cutout diameter: 9-13/16"
- weight: 9.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 829683-0110
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® DesignMax DM5C
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||---|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|