About the Bose® DesignMax DM8C
Get a free system design
A low-profile in-ceiling speaker
The Bose DesignMax DM8C in-ceiling speaker offers a solid option for background music and announcements in an enclosure that can be installed overhead in a large, open space. It features an 8" woofer for solid low end, and a coaxially mounted 1" compression driver. A 175° conical dispersion pattern helps you get maximum coverage with relatively few speakers.
Custom Bose-designed drivers deliver flat frequency response without the need for additional DSP or EQ processing.
The benefits of DesignMax
DesignMax in-ceiling speakers offer faster, safer installation. The enclosure includes QuickHold spring-loaded mounting arms that hold the speaker in place so your hands are free to finish the installation. They also blend into your decor, with minimum-bezel grilles and a removable Bose logo. An adjustable tile bridge is included. When installing in new construction, a Bose rough-in kit (not included) can help you mark speaker locations.
Part of a customizable Bose system
The Bose DesignMax product line includes speakers that fit in different spaces but are designed to work together.
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- single in-ceiling speaker
- 8" woofer with coaxially mounted 1" compression driver
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® DesignMax components
- 175° conical dispersion pattern
- multi-tap transformer:
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 and 150 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 and 150 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 125 watts continuous program power at 8 ohms
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- adjustable tile bridge included
- QuickHold spring-loaded mounting arms for easy, safe installation
- 16-1/8" diameter x 10" depth
- cutout diameter: 13-3/4"
- weight: 21.1 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 802080-0110
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® DesignMax DM8C
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||---|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|