About the Bose® DesignMax DM8S
Get a free system design
A powerful indoor speaker
Bose DesignMax DM8S surface-mount speakers help bring great-sounding background music and clearly audible announcements to your indoor space. Each features an 8" woofer for solid low end, and a coaxially mounted 1" compression driver. A broad 130° by 130° dispersion pattern helps you get maximum coverage with relatively few speakers.
The benefits of DesignMax
DesignMax speakers offer faster, safer installation. The included QuickHold U-bracket can be pre-installed, then the speaker locks onto the bracket via a pair of easily accessible levers. They also blend into your decor, with minimum-bezel grilles and a removable Bose logo. They can be mounted horizontally or vertically to suit your space. Custom Bose-designed drivers deliver flat frequency response without the need for additional DSP or EQ processing.
Part of a customizable Bose system
The Bose DesignMax product line includes speakers that fit in different spaces but are designed to work together.
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- 8" woofer with coaxially mounted 1" compression driver
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® DesignMax components
- 130° x 130° dispersion pattern
- multi-tap transformer:
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40 and 80 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5, 10, 20, 40 and 80 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 125 watts continuous program power at 8 ohms
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- QuickHold mounting system included
- 15-5/8"W x 9-13/16"H x 10"D
- weight: 22.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 801332-0110
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® DesignMax DM8S
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||---|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|