About the Bose® F1 Model 812 Flexible Array
A speaker array for every occasion
A speaker array for every occasion
Do you play music in different venues that require different kinds of speaker coverage? Bose's F1 Model 812 Flexible Array loudspeaker will deliver loud, clean sound effectively for almost any stage/audience configuration you'll encounter. You can change the loudspeaker's vertical coverage pattern by choosing one of four settings that move the top and bottom sections of the array inward or outward. Magnets hold the sections in position, and signal the system to automatically optimize the speaker's equalization and tonal balance for each coverage pattern.
- Straight pattern: top and bottom arrays out — standing audience with heads at speaker level.
- J pattern: top array out, bottom array in — seated audience with elevated speaker.
- Reverse J pattern: top array in, bottom array out — bleacher-type seating that extends above the speaker's position.
- C pattern: top and bottom arrays in — bleacher-type seating that extends above and below the speaker's position.
The F1 Model 812 array features eight mid/high frequency drivers, plus a 12-inch low-frequency woofer, all powered by a 1000-watt Class D amplifier. A built-in limiter makes sure the amp won't hurt anything. The small drivers' custom waveguides and flexible baffles produce the speaker's wide horizontal coverage pattern and narrow vertical pattern. A 2-channel mixer accepts both microphone and line level signals. A balanced output lets you add another powered speaker or a matching Bose F1 Subwoofer to the system.
F1 Model 812 two-channel mixer and control panel
- powered PA speaker array
- eight 2-1/4" mid/high frequency drivers
- one 12" woofer
- bi-amplified with 1000 watts total power
- max SPL: 132 dB
- frequency response (-3 dB): 52-16,000 Hz
- 4 selectable coverage patterns: Straight, J, Reverse J, and C
- 2-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS, RCA, TRS) with input volume controls
- mix output (XLR)
- output limiter
- built-in top and rear carrying handles
- 35mm socket for pole mounting, M8 threaded inserts for suspending speaker
- compatible with Bose F1 Subwoofer (speaker stand comes with sub)
- optional travel bag available
- dimensions: 13-1/8"W x 26-1/8"H x 14-5/8"D
- weight: 44.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 731419-1110
What's in the box:
- F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker
- AC Power cord
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® F1 Model 812 Flexible Array
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||9|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||52-15.5kHz|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Input Connections||1 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS, (1) XLR/1/4" com|
Overview: The Bose F1 Model 812 is a powered portable loudspeaker featuring eight 2.25" mid/high drivers and a single 12" woofer, all driven by a built-in 1000 watt amplifier. The loudspeaker's design incorporates Bose's unique Flex Array technology that lets you control the speaker's vertical coverage pattern to create a "Straight", "C", "J", or "Reverse J" coverage pattern. The F1 Model 812 is designed for live applications such as band performances, solo musicians, mobile DJs, houses of worship, schools and universities, business presentations, resorts, and more.
Bi-Amped Drivers: The F1 Model 812 features 8 mid/high drivers oriented in a vertical line array, with each driver mounted in a custom 100˚ waveguide that helps deliver wide, consistent sound coverage. The loudspeaker also features a built-in 12" high-output woofer, with a frequency range extending down to 43Hz. Both the 12" woofer and the mid/high drivers are powered by 2 built-in, high-output, Class-D amplifiers for a combined 1000 watts of peak power.
Flex Array: The Flex Array design allows you to change the coverage pattern based on how the audience is situated relative to the loudspeaker. The top and bottom speaker arrays are held in place with magnets and can be manipulated by simply pushing or pulling on them. These magnets are also used to trigger internal sensors that automatically adjust the EQ according to the array shape. Four Flex Array patterns are available and include:
- Straight Pattern: Projects sound straight in front of the loudspeaker and is used when the audience is standing with their heads at approximately the same height as the loudspeaker's position.
- J Pattern: Projects sound straight and downward. Best use is when the loudspeaker is on a raised stage with the audience seated below on the floor.
- Reverse-J Pattern: Projects sound straight and upward, for use with an audience in raked seating that starts at loudspeaker height and extends above the top of the loudspeaker.
- C Pattern: Projects sound in an evenly-angled array, both up and downward. Used for raked seating in an auditorium when the first row is on the floor with the loudspeaker.
Inputs and Output: The F1 Model 812's rear panel features 2 input channels and 1 summed output:
- Input 1: Includes an XLR/1/4" combo jack that can accept balanced microphone signals or balanced/unbalanced line-level signals. An accompanying Signal Input switch can be set to Mic or Line-Level for changing the input's sensitivity range.
- Input 2: This includes a 1/4" jack for balanced/unbalanced instrument- and line-level signals, along with a set of stereo RCA jacks for running playback devices such as a CD or portable media player. Signals on both RCA jacks are summed to mono.
- Line Output: A balanced male XLR jack provides a summed mix of Inputs 1&2, post volume control. This allows daisy-chaining of multiple speakers together.
Controls and Indicators: Along with both inputs and the output, the loudspeaker's rear panel includes the AC power input, Power On/Off switch, and the following controls and indicators:
- Volume: Inputs 1&2 each include their own Volume control.
- EQ: This switch allows the speaker array to work independently or
in conjunction with the Bose
F1 subwoofer (sold separately). Options include:
- Full Range: No filtering is done to the signal.
- With Sub: Engages a 100Hz high-pass filter to the signals played through the F1 Model 812 when run from the output jack of a Bose F1 subwoofer. Note: The EQ setting does not affect the signal going to the Line Output jack.
- Front LED: This 3-position switch determines how the front-panel
Power LED will function.
- Power: Enables front LED to indicate power status.
- Limit: Engages a limiting display on the front LED.
- Off: Turns off the front-panel LED.
- LED Indicators (rear-panel):
- Power/Fault: Blue = power on. Red = fault condition.
- Limit: Lights amber when the system is limiting the signal (protection mode).
- Signal/Clip: Each Input includes its own Signal/Clip LED: Green = signal present, Red = signal is clipping.
Portability: The F1 Model 812 features built-in carry-handles both on top and on back of the speaker for easy portability.
Mounting: Designed primarily to be placed on a flat surface during use, the loudspeaker can be permanently mounted in multiple ways. Threaded M8 inserts are provided, 2 on top and 4 on back of the speaker, for "flying" or suspending the loudspeaker from rigging. Optional Pan-and-tilt and U-Brackets mounting kits (sold separately) are also available for installed applications. When the F1 Model 812 is used in conjunction with an optional Bose F1 subwoofer, a built-in extension stand in the subwoofer's enclosure allows the loudspeaker to sit extended above the sub. The F1 Model 812 also includes a standard 35mm socket on the bottom of the enclosure for use with an optional tripod stand.
- System Type: Self-powered, 2-way
- Total System Power: 1000W
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 52Hz - 15.5kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 43Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Dispersion (C Pattern): 100˚ H x 40˚V
- Maximum SPL @1m: 126dB SPL (132dB SPL peak)
- Crossover Frequency: 600Hz (4th order Butterworth)
- Distortion at Rated Power: 0.1% Max (30Hz - 15kHz)
- Drivers: 8 x 2.25" mid/high drivers; 1 x 12" LF driver
- Input Channel 1:
- Input Connectors: (1) XLR/1/4" combo jack
- Channel Gain: ∞ to +34dB (Line), ∞ to +54 (Mic)
- Maximum Input Signal: +24dBu (Line), +18dBu (Mic)
- Input Impedance: 2.2kΩ (Mic), 10kΩ (Line)
- Input Channel 2:
- Input Connectors: (1) 1/4" TS/TRS, (Stereo) RCA
- Channel Gain: ∞ to +26dB (RCA), +20dB (1/4")
- Maximum Input Signal: +10dBu (RCA), +20dBu (1/4" Unbalanced), +24dBu (1/4" Balanced)
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ (1/4"), 10kΩ (RCA)
- Line Output: Balanced XLR
- Enclosure: High-impact composite materials
- Grille: Powder-coated perforated steel
- Universal Power Supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 13.1", Height - 26.1", Depth - 14.6"
- Net Weight: 44.5 lbs.
1 question already asked