Bose® L1 Compact Wireless Package
Portable line array PA system with wireless connection
Our take on the Bose® L1 Compact Wireless Package by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Tall skinny tower of big Bose sound
You'll get a surprising amount of loud, clear sound out of this compact, stealthy PA system. Bose's L1 Compact Wireless loudspeaker system uses a six-element articulated speaker array perched 6 feet above a bass woofer/power stand, making it a great sound solution for a dance studio, a classroom, or for a small acoustic act, or for a DJ performing for audiences of up to 100 people.
Bose's Spatial Dispersion™ loudspeaker technology gives the L1 Compact Wireless nearly 180 degrees of horizontal coverage, so audience members off to the sides will hear the same sound as those front and center. In fact, many musicians position their L1 Compact array behind themselves on stage, so they won't need a floor monitor, and they'll hear exactly the same music the audience will hear. For smaller events, you can plug the speaker array module directly into the power stand and set the whole thing up on a table or stand for a class or business meeting.
SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter
This L1 Compact Wireless Package includes Bose's SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter. This handy little add-on device connects to your L1, letting you stream music wirelessly from your compatible Bluetooth® enabled device or local Wi-Fi® network.
You won't mind toting this PA around. The disassembled system can be carried with two hands — the power stand and speaker array in the slip cover weigh under 25 pounds, while the speaker extensions in their carrying bag weigh under 5 pounds. And of course the system will fit in any trunk or back seat for transport.
L1 Compact power stand and speaker array
Power stand: bass speaker, amplifiers, and mixer
The system's power stand includes an 8" bass speaker, two amplifiers, and the speaker array, along with a 2-channel mixer optimized for voice and acoustic guitar. Channel 1 is a mic input with Bose's customized ToneMatch® preset for a handheld dynamic microphone. Channel 2's ToneMatch preset is optimized for the sound of an acoustic guitar — but you can switch that off for other instruments and playback devices.
- compact portable PA system
- for audiences of up to 100 people
- 6-element articulated line array speaker
- two 32-1/2" extensions (to elevate speaker array over the power stand)
- power stand includes amplifiers, 8" bass speaker, and 2-channel mixer
- speaker array plugs into power stand for storage or small-scale operation
- channel 1:
- microphone (XLR): ToneMatch optimized for a dynamic vocal mic
- clip indicator, volume, treble, bass
- Channel 2:
- 1/4" TRS: ToneMatch optimized for an acoustic guitar
- other inputs: 3.5mm stereo, RCA stereo
- ToneMatch can be switched off for line level inputs
- clip indicator
- Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter included
- allows Bluetooth and Wi-Fi streaming
- line outputs for connecting another powered speaker (1/4" TRS, RCA)
- built-in carrying handle on power stand
- slip cover for power stand and carrying bag for extensions included
- total weight: 29.2 lbs.
- speaker array: 16" H x 2-3/4" W x 2-3/4" D
- power stand: 16-1/2" H x 13-1/4" W x 16-3/4" D
- 2 speaker extensions (each): 32-1/2" H x 2-3/4" W x 2-3/4" D
- assembled height: 78-1/2" (6-1/2 feet)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- L1 Compact Power Stand
- Loudspeaker Array (pre-installed in Compact Power Stand)
- 2 Compact extensions
- AC Power cord
- Power Stand slip-cover
- Extensions carry-bag
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter
- Optical to mini-optical cable
- 3.5mm Stereo cable
- Y-cable (single 3.5mm female to 2 male RCA plugs)
- Power supply w/ outlet adapter
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Mic inputs||(1) XLR (balanced)|
|Line inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS|
|Number of speakers||2|
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||(1) 8"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||(6) 2.5"|
|System Frequency response||65-14kHz|
Overview: The Bose L1 Compact Wireless is Bose's smallest and most portable 2-way PA system for an audience of up to 100 people. It features a 6-speaker articulated line array and a low-frequency driver all powered from a built-in 130 watt amplifier. Other features include a 2-channel mixer, with Bose ToneMatch presets on each channel, and a modular design that makes for easy setup and teardown. Included with the L1 Compact Wireless system is a Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter, allowing you to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth enabled playback device or through a local WiFi connection. The L1 Compact is ideal for indoor applications such as for solo musicians, mobile DJs, business presentations, schools, and houses of worship.
Articulated Line Array: The L1 Compact system includes a Power Stand, with an 8" bass driver, along with a Loudspeaker Array that includes six 2" high-frequency drivers, all powered from the built-in amplifier. Configuration of the array is made flexible with the inclusion of 2 extension pieces. In its most compact form, the Loudspeaker Array sits inside the Power Stand, not only for storage and transport, but can be used in this configuration as well for a more compact setup that's only 16.5" high. The 2 included Compact Extensions can be used together, placing the Loudspeaker Array at approximately 6.5' off the floor, or with one extension, placing the speaker array at approximately 4' high. The L1's Articulated Line Array design provides up to 40˚ of vertical and 180˚ of horizontal coverage for uniform sound throughout the entire listening area.
Mixer: The L1 Power Stand includes a 2-channel mixer, located on the top panel for quick access. The mixer panel includes a Power LED, that lights blue when the Power Stand is on. Each input channel includes its own Volume control and a Signal/Clip indicator. This will light green when receiving a signal and red if the signal starts to clip. Inputs also include the following:
- Channel 1: This input is
specifically designed for use with a microphone.
- Microphone Input: This balanced XLR jack has its sensitivity pre-configured for use with a microphone. Signals on this input pass through a Bose ToneMatch signal processing preset that features an equalization curves for dynamic microphone.
- Bass and Treble: Channel 1 includes individual controls for Bass and Treble.
- Channel 2: This acts as utility
channel for instruments and sound sources.
- 3.5mm Stereo Input: Used for connecting audio sources like portable media players and laptops.
- Stereo RCA Input: This can be used for consumer devices such as a CD player or a DJ mixer.
- 1/4" Input: Balanced input used for instruments or other line-level devices. Can be used with either balanced or unbalanced cables.
- ToneMatch: This 2-way selector switch determines how the 1/4" input is used. One position activates a ToneMatch preset, designed for use with an acoustic guitar, the other position sets the input for a line-level signal.
- Rear Panel Outputs: The L1 Power
Stand's rear panel includes 2 outputs that can be used for daisy-chaining
multiple L1 Compact systems, or for running the output signal to a house PA
or a personal monitor. Outputs include:
- 1/4": This provides a mono output signal and can accept either TRS balanced or TS unbalanced cables.
- RCA: Left and right RCA jacks can be used to run a mono signal out to a CD or flash memory recorder.
SoundTouch Wireless Link: The L1 Compact includes a SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. This adapter lets you stream music wirelessly through your L1 Compact system from a Bluetooth enabled device or from a local WiFi network. The SoundTouch can be connected to the L1 mixer's input via the included 3.5mm stereo audio cable. If that input on the L1 is being used, a 3.5mm to RCA adapter is also included, allowing the 3.5mm output to be plugged into the RCA input on the mixer panel.
- Bluetooth: To pair a Bluetooth playback device, a single press of the Bluetooth button on the Wireless Link will put the unit in a "discoverable" mode (LED blinks slowly). Search for SoundTouch Wireless Link from your device, the LED will go solid upon connection. Up to 8 devices can be paired to the Wireless Link, with only one actively connected at a time.
- WiFi: Connection to a network for WiFi music streaming requires downloading the free Bose SoundTouch Controller app, from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store, onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link from your mobile device. This will let you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services (internet connection required). More music services will be added in the future.
- System Type: Self-powered, 2-way
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 65Hz - 14kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 50Hz - 16kHz
- System Power Rating: 130 Watts
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 106dB SPL (112dB SPL peak)
- Distortion at Rated Power: 0.1% Max (30Hz - 15kHz)
- Crossover Frequency: 400Hz 4th order Butterworth
- Nominal Dispersion: 180˚ H x 40˚ V
- Drivers: Six 2" HF drivers, One 8" LF driver
- Channel 1:
- Input: (1) Balanced XLR
- Channel Gain: ∞ to +50dB
- Max Input Signal: +8dBu
- Input Impedance: 2.4kΩ
- Tone Controls: Bass (+/-5dB shelving filter @120Hz), Treble (+/-5dB shelving filter @4kHz)
- Channel 2:
- Inputs: (1) 1/4" TRS/TS, (1) 1/8" TRS/TS, (pair) RCA
- Channel Gain:
- 1/4": ∞ to +40dB
- 1/8": ∞ to +24db
- RCA: ∞ to +24dB
- Maximum Input Signal: +12dBu (1/4", 1/8", RCA)
- Input Impedance:
- 1/4": 800kΩ
- 1/8": 14kΩ
- RCA: 12.5kΩ
- Line Outputs:
- 1/4" (TRS or TS): Nominal +2.2dBu, Max +20dBu
- RCA (pair): Nominal -3.8dBu, Max +14dBu
- Power Stand: Polypropylene
- Extensions and Array: ABS Plastic
- Grille: Powder-coated perforated steel
- Width: 13.250"
- Height (extended): 78.50"
- Height (collapsed): 16.50"
- Depth: 16.750"
- Total Net Weight: 29.2 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
$1,999.00Add to Cart
For larger audiences
The Bose® L1 Model 1S System with B2 Bass Module Package offers these features:
For audiences up to 300 people
12-element speaker array
Bose B2 bass module