About the Bose® ControlSpace® SP-24
Big-time sound processing in a simple package
Connect your computer via the rear-panel USB port on the ControlSpace® SP-24 for detailed control over settings and equalization.
Big-time sound processing in a simple package
You want the Bose sound system in your business to sound as good as possible, and the Bose ControlSpace SP-24 makes that an easy task. It contains a library of equalization curves for specific models in Bose's commercial speaker lineup, as well as user-adjustable settings for other kinds of speakers.
A simplified front panel lets you optimize equalization settings manually, or you can connect a Windows®-based computer via the rear-panel USB port for detailed access to system configuration, programming, signal level monitoring and firmware updates using free, downloadable SP-24 Editor software.
Precise software control
The SP-24 Editor software offers detailed control, with a user-friendly visual interface that lets you customize settings and equalization for individual zones, rooms, and speakers. The larger your system grows, the more essential the software becomes.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- front-panel LCD menu for easy access to settings
- two balanced XLR inputs and four balanced XLR outputs for connecting professional mixers, amplifiers, and speakers
- rear-panel USB Type-B port lets you connect a laptop
- downloadable SP-24 Editor PC software for Windows® PCs offers precise real-time control and equalization
- store custom "scenes" for fast setup
- Bose professional loudspeaker library lets you access speaker-specific equalization curves
- custom channel routing, 9-band equalization, bandpass filters, delays, peak limiter, gain and more
- front panel lockout feature prevents unauthorized use
- 19"W x 1-1/4"H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 5.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 352428-1410
What's in the box:
- 78" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 82" USB Cable (Type-A on one end
- type-B on other end
- Owner's manual
- Quick-start guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® ControlSpace® SP-24
Overview: The Bose ControlSpace SP-24 is a DSP sound processor designed for auditoriums, houses of worship, retail stores, restaurants and many other applications. With 2 input channels that can be routed to any of the 4 outputs, the SP-24 features 9-bands of input and output equalization, band-pass filters, delays, peak limiter, gain, and signal polarity reversal, for full system control. All input and output jacks are balanced XLR's with output signals running to an amplifier or powered speakers. Configurations can be saved as Custom Scenes and Bose has included more than 150 Presets that are designed for specific speakers and venues. A clean, ergonomic front panel gives access to the main functions while the SP-24 Editor software (downloadable from Bose's web site) gives full editing control.
Loudspeaker Library: The SP-24 comes packed with over 150 factory-created equalization curves, based off of specific models of Bose speakers and types of applications, while Editor software provides intuitive graphical tools for optimizing any passive or powered loudspeaker.
USB: A USB type-B (2.0) port is provided for computer connectivity. This allows for system configuration, programming, signal level monitoring and firmware updates using the SP-24 Editor software. Minimum system requirements are:
- Windows XP Professional, service pack 2 or later.
- Windows 7, Professional or Ultimate.
- Intel Pentium 4 850 Mhz processor or better.
- 512 MB RAM
- 100 MB disk space available.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 768
Inputs/Outputs: Each of the 2 input and 4 output jacks are balanced, 3-pin, XLR connectors providing the cleanest signal transmission to and from the processor.
Front Panel: The SP-24's front panel LCD and controls are purposely designed to make it easier to select Custom or Preset scenes, input and output gain, delay parameters, and Utility functions such as Factory Reset and a User Lockout option that keeps the front panel from being tampered with. Front panel LEDs for both input channels provide Signal present and Clip indications.
SP-24 Editor Software: At the heart of the SP-24 is its DSP which is edited and configured using the SP-24 Editor software for PC (downloadable from the Bose web site, Mac not supported). The signal chain options for each of the inputs are as follows:
- Input Level: Level meters for both A and B inputs are provided with a range from +12 to -60 dB and include a Mute for each channel.
- Router: The Router section allows you to select any Input channel and assign it to any of the 4 Outputs. Output channels can be muted if not being used.
- Input EQ: Both the A and B input channels can have their own 9-band EQ, either Graphic or Parametric. Each band can be raised or lowered by +/- 18 dB and has its own Bypass button. A Bypass All is included to bypass the Input EQ completely.
- Crossover: The SP-24 includes Band-pass filters for each of the 4 output channels. Each filter section includes a High-pass and a Low-pass crossover that can be used independently or combined for a Band-pass filter. Other options include the filter Type, with options like Butterworth and Bessel with various slopes for each. A Bypass is available for each crossover.
- Bose Loudspeaker Equalization: Each output signal chain includes a dedicated Bose Loudspeaker EQ stage. Bose has included equalization curves for various models of speakers, all of them being editable. Bose Speaker types include: FreeSpace, Panaray, LT, and Legacy EQ Curves. A Bypass is available for each channel.
- Zone EQ: The next option in the signal chain is the Zone EQ for each output channel. This EQ has the same options as the Input EQ and can be either Graphic or Parametric.
- Delay: Each of the output channels can have up to 170 ms of delay applied, adjustable in both 1.0 ms and 0.02 ms increments, and includes a Bypass option.
- Output Limiter: Four Peak Limiters are available, one per channel, with a Threshold setting that can be set from 0 to -40 and a Bypass.
- Output Level: Each of the four output channels has a level control, ranging from 0 to -60, as well as Mute and Polarity Reversal options.
Custom Scenes: The ControlSpace SP-24 can store up to four Custom Scenes which can be recalled from the front panel or the SP-24 Editor software. Scenes are a "snapshot" of all the settings and parameter configuration created in the SP-24 Editor software that can be stored and recalled inside the processor. Additional Scenes can be stored on a computer.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- THD+N: 0.015 %
- Channel Separation: 100 dB
- Dynamic Range: 107 dB
- Audio Latency: 1.52 ms
- A/D and D/A Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Maximum Output Delay: 170 ms
- Input Channels: 2 Analog, balanced XLRs
- Maximum Input Level: +18 dBu
- Input Impedance: 2.2 kΩ @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: Selectable between 0, +6, and +18 dBu
- Outputs: 4 Analog, balanced XLRs
- Output Impedance: 200 Ω
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu
- USB: Type-B, 2.0
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 15 W
- AC Connection: Standard 3-pin IEC
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 1.750", Depth - 10.50"
- Weight: 5.9 lbs.