About the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 100SE
Punchy, versatile Bose® speakers for your place of business
The Bose® FreeSpace® DS 100SE features one 5-1/4" woofer and dual Twiddler® drivers in an innovative Articulated Array® design.
Punchy, versatile Bose® speakers for your place of business
Don't your customers deserve Bose®? Bose products — from headphones to home theater systems — have been customer-pleasing best-sellers for us for decades, so we're happy to be able to extend that same experience to business owners. The FreeSpace® DS 100SE speaker is ready for anything, with one 5-1/4" woofer and dual 2-1/4" Twiddler® drivers that can help fill a room with high-quality sound. Bose's innovative Articulated Array® configuration provides 180° x 75° coverage.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate foreground or background music and clear, audible announcements. An innovative thumb wheel transformer tap on the front lets you power multiple speakers with a single amplifier.
Mount it exactly where you want it
This weather-resistant speaker can be mounted horizontally or vertically with the included bracket. Once you've chosen the perfect mounting location, you can dial in the coverage area with adjustable pitch and yaw settings. Bose offers optional wall-mount, ceiling-mount, and pole-mount brackets for more challenging locations, too.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMaxT speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- versatile wall-mount "foreground" speaker with 5-1/4" woofer and dual 2-1/4" Twiddler® drivers
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- multi-tap transformer with convenient thumb wheel for changing tap settings
- 70-volt taps at 12.5, 25, 50, and 100 watts
- 100-volt taps at 25, 50, and 100 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- frequency response: 75-18,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 85dB
- mounting bracket with variable pitch and yaw included
- 15"W x 7"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40806
What's in the box:
- One loudspeaker
- Wall-mount bracket
- 3 mm pin-in-hex head fastener
- Strain relief clamp
- 7 mm flat-head screw
- Installation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 100SE
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2.25|
|System Frequency response||75-18,000H|
|Power rating||100 watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace DS 100SE is a full-range, surface-mount, 70/100 volt loudspeaker designed for foreground and background music as well as speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications such as restaurants, retail stores, houses of worship, and more. The DS 100SE consists of a single 5.25" woofer and two 5.25" Twiddler drivers in a ported enclosure that can be surface-mounted vertically or horizontally giving it a 180˚ horizontal x 125˚ vertical coverage pattern and a frequency response that goes down to 60 Hz.
70/100 Volt: The DS 100SE is rated for 100 watt RMS (400 peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change thumb wheel allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the tap dial is done by un-snapping one end of the front grill trim. The following tap settings are available:
- 70 Volt: 12.5 W, 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
- 100 Volt: 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace DS product line allows the DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Mounting: Bose offers a versatile mounting system with the DS 100SE. The built-in rear mounting bracket can be rotated 90˚ by removing four screws, allowing the speaker to be mounted horizontally or vertically. The mounting bracket allows up to 45˚ of tilt or swivel, depending on how the speaker is aligned, and the Bose logo can also be rotated to match the speaker orientation. All wiring for the speaker is attached to set-screw terminals inside the wall-mount plate. A single 4-pin connector cable on the speaker plugs into a socket on the wall-plate, giving the speaker a clean look and allowing it to easily be detached and re-attached to the mount. A 3 mm pin-in-hex head threaded fastener is provided to hold the speaker to the wall-plate. This is a tamper-prevention fastener that requires a specific tool to tighten and remove (sold separately). An M4 x 14 mm socket is provided on the back of the speaker for an optional safety chain.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 75 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Dispersion: 180˚ H x 75˚ V
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 55 Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: Lamp
- Power Handling: 100 W (400 W peak)
- Sensitivity: 85 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 105 dB SPL (111 db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 12.5 W, 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
- 100 V: 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
- Drivers: Two 2.25" Twiddler drivers, one 5.25" woofer
- Enclosure: PC/ABS, textured
- Grill: Powder-coated steel
- Environmental: Outdoor per IEC 529 IP55
- Connectors: Three terminal set-screw on mounting bracket. Accepts 18 - 14 AWG
- Dimensions: Width - 14.875", Height - 7.125", Depth - 10.250" / 11.250" with bracket
- Weight: 14.0 lbs.