About the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 16SE
Customer-pleasing Bose® speakers for your business
Customer-pleasing Bose® speakers for your business
Don't your customers deserve Bose®? Bose products — from headphones to home theater systems — have been customer-pleasing best-sellers for us for decades, so we're happy to be able to extend that same experience to business owners. The FreeSpace® DS 16SE speaker is built for commercial use, with an innovative thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you power multiple speakers with a single amplifier.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate background music and clear, audible announcements.
Mount it exactly where you want it
This weather-resistant speaker can be mounted horizontally or vertically with the included bracket. Once you've chosen the perfect mounting location, you can dial in the coverage area with adjustable pitch or yaw settings. Bose offers optional wall-mount, ceiling-mount, and pole-mount brackets for more challenging locations, too.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for corners near walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- 2-1/4" full-range driver for background music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- multi-tap transformer with convenient thumb wheel for changing tap settings
- 70-volt taps at 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- frequency response: 95-17,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 84dB
- mounting bracket with variable pitch and yaw included
- 9-15/16"W x 4-15/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40785
What's in the box:
- One surface-mount loudspeaker
- Wall-mount plate
- One 2-1/2" Phillips-head machine screw
- One 5/16" Phillips-head countersunk machine screw
- Installation guide
Bose® FreeSpace® DS 16SE Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 16SE
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||95-17,000|
|Maximum SPL||102 dB|
|Power rating||16 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace DS 16SE is a high-performance 70/100 volt loudspeaker that can be wall mounted indoors or outdoors (outdoors per IEC 529 IP55) and has been designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated steel grill, the DS 16SE features a 2.25" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 170˚ horizontal x 160˚ vertical coverage pattern and a frequency range down to 80 Hz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace DS product line allows the DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
70/100 Volt: The DS 16SE is rated for 16 watts RMS (64 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change thumb wheel allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the tap dial is done by un-snapping one end of the front grill trim. The following tap settings are available:
- 70 V: 1 W, 2 W, 4 W, 8 W, and 16 W
- 100 V: 2 W, 4 W, 8 W, and 16 W
Connections: The rear of the DS 16SE has three set-screw terminals for speaker wire connections that can accommodate wire from 18 AWG to 14 AWG. A screw-down protective cover plate is provided that also includes a ring for an optional safety cable attachment.
Mounting: Bose offers a versatile mounting system with the DS 16SE. The built-in rear mounting bracket can be rotated 90˚ by removing two screws, allowing the speaker to be mounted horizontally or vertically. The mounting bracket allows the speaker to either tilt or swivel, depending on how the speaker is aligned in the bracket, and the Bose logo can also be rotated to match the speaker orientation. All wiring for the speaker is attached to set-screw terminals inside the wall-mount plate. A single 4-pin connector cable on the speaker plugs into a socket on the wall-plate, giving the speaker a clean look and allowing it to easily be detached and re-attached to the mount.
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 95 Hz - 17 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 80 Hz - 19 kHz
- Power Handling: 16 W RMS/ 64 W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 170˚ H x 160˚ V
- Recommended High-pass Filter: 80 Hz high-pass
- Sensitivity: 84 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 102 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 1 W, 2 W, 4 W, 8 W, 16 W
- 100 V: 2 W, 4 W, 8 W, 16 W
- Drivers: 2.25" Full-range
- Enclosure: Polypropylene, powder-coated steel grill
- Connectors: Three screw terminals (70/100 V, COMM, 8Ω bypass)
- Environmental: Outdoors per IEC 529 IP55
- Width - 9.750", Height - 5.0", Depth - 5.625"
- Weight: 4.0 lbs.