About the Bose® EdgeMax™ EM90
Specialized speaker for mounting in corners
PhaseGuide® technology helps the Bose® EdgeMax™ work well in tricky corner placements.
Specialized speaker for mounting in corners
Bose® EdgeMax™ speakers are specially designed to go in high corners. The EM90's proprietary PhaseGuide® technology creates an asymmetrical vertical pattern, along with 90-degree horizontal dispersion that's ideal for tricky wall/ceiling boundary areas. The speaker features a robust 8" woofer with a high-frequency compression driver that work together to fill a room with clear sound.
The speaker comes with a white grille, but Bose offers an optional black grille if that suits your decor better.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for corners and close walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- in-ceiling speaker designed for mounting in a high corner
- 8" woofer with high-frequency compression driver
- proprietary PhaseGuide® technology creates a diagonal 90° sound dispersal pattern
- transformer tap for use with distributed audio systems
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40 and 80 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5, 10, 20, 40, and, 80 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- frequency response: 50-18,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 96dB
- cutout: 13-5/8" square
- 15-7/16"W x 15-7/16"H x 9-13/16"D
- weight: 22.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 778844-0220
What's in the box:
- One in-ceiling loudspeaker
- Tile bridge mounting-frame (square frame
- four 11" extension arms
- two 4" right-angle support arms)
- 6-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector (installed on speaker)
- Nine 3/8" Phillips head screws
- 2 Cardboard templates
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® EdgeMax™ EM90
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||50-18000|
|Power rating||125 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose EdgeMax EM90 is a full-range, in-ceiling premium loudspeaker featuring proprietary Bose PhaseGuide technology and comprised of an 8" woofer and a high-frequency compression driver that provide room-filling coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount speakers with the aesthetics of in-ceiling models. Designed to mount near wall/ceiling boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers provide improved audio quality and coverage while reducing the number of required units compared to conventional dome-tweeter ceiling speakers. Typical applications for the EM90 are restaurants and bars, airport concourses, transportation facilities, conferencing, and hospitality venues.
Mounting: The EM90 features auto-hold, spring-loaded arms, designed to make installation much easier. The spring-loaded arms allow the speaker to be slid into the mount opening, but prevents it from sliding back out. Four tightening-screws on the front face of the speaker tighten the spring-loaded arms against the back of the ceiling. When the screws are backed off all the way, the arms are compressed in allowing the speaker to slide back out of the opening. The EM90 is directional and when mounted along a wall or in a corner, the speaker gives 90˚ of horizontal and 75˚ of asymmetrical vertical coverage. The speaker also features a magnetically attached grill for quick access to the wiring and tap settings and has a UL1480A listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation.
70/100 Volt: Designed to work in both 70 and 100 volt installations, the EM90 can handle 125 watts RMS/500 watts peak, and also has an 8Ω bypass to run the speaker from a standard amplifier. All wiring connections are done via a 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector that has terminals for 70/100 V and 8Ω inputs and includes pass-thru connections for daisy-chaining speakers together. The wiring connector and tap selection dial are both accessed on the front of the speaker, making them easy to change by simply pulling off the magnetic grill.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 45 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage Pattern: 90˚ H x asymmetrical 75˚ H
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 55 Hz high-pass with minimum 12 dB/octave filter
- Overload Protection: Resistor-network power reduction with automatic reset
- Power Handling: 125 W RMS / 500 W Peak
- Sensitivity: 96 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 117 dB SPL (123 db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 Volt: 2.5 W, 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W, 80 W, 8Ω bypass
- 100 Volt: 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W, 80 W, 8Ω bypass
- Transducers: 1 x 8" woofer, 1 x compression driver
- Loudspeaker EQ: Recommended but not required
- Enclosure: Engineered-plastics front baffle with integrated steel formed enclosure
- Grill: Micro-perforated steel with powder-coated finish
- Suspension/Mounting: Four auto-hold, spring-loaded mounting arms, four M6 safety cable tabs
- Environmental: Indoor use only, UL-1480A listed, in compliance with UL2043 for plenum-space installation
- Connectors: 6-Pin Euroblock connector with pass-thru terminals
- Dimensions: Width - 15.375", Length - 15.375", Depth - 9.625"
- Cutout and Clearance: Width - 13.6", Length - 13.6", Mounting depth - 9.375"
- Maximum Ceiling Thickness: 3.2"
- Weight: 22.2 lbs. with grill