About the Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ
Get a free system design
Power for music and paging in a Bose® commercial sound system
Drive your Bose commercial speaker system with an amplifier that's made for the job. The FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ puts out 90 watts into a single channel, and you can use the taps on your 70-volt speakers to decide how to distribute all that power. The commercial-ready amp features multiple input and output options so you can connect plenty of sources. Opti-voice® technology helps balance volume levels when you switch from music to paging.
Pre-programmed EQ for select Bose speakers
The IZA 190-HF uses Class-D amplification for efficient operation and clean sound. And there's built-in equalizationfor optimizing sound characteristics with specific Bose FreeSpace speaker models, including the DS 16F, DS 16SE, DS 40F, and DS 40SE.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for mounting in high corners and near walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- single-channel, 90-watt commercial amplifier for distributed audio systems
- built-in custom EQ for Bose® FreeSpace® DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers
- Opti-voice® technology transitions smoothly between music and paging
- A/B input selection switch
- individual input gain control knobs
- separate treble and bass controls
- one unbalanced microphone input with 4-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock connector
- one front-panel unbalanced line input with 1/8" TRS connector
- dual unbalanced line inputs with stereo RCA connectors
- one front-panel balanced mic/line input with combo 1/4"/XLR connector
- one 3-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock for connection to speakers
- one unbalanced stereo RCA
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-7/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 12-1/4"D
- weight: 7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 344871-1410
What's in the box:
- Integrated zone amplifier
- 79" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Two 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- One 3-pin Euroblock connector
- One 2-pin Euroblock connector
- Four round plastic feet
- Four locking-pins for feet
- Owner's manual
Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ
Overview: The Bose IZA 190-HZ is an integrated zone amplifier designed for background/foreground music and paging applications in retail stores, restaurants, hospitality venues, schools and conference centers. It features 2 stereo RCA inputs as well as an 1/8" auxiliary input that can all be fed to the 70/100 volt output, with either the front panel Mic Input or the rear panel Page Input able to duck the signal when paging occurs. The output channel can also have its own equalization based on the Bose DS 16 or DS 40 speakers or a standard 60 Hz high-pass filter. The amp can also be controlled with an optional wall-mounted remote volume and source selector.
70/100 Volt: The IZA 190-HZ's Class-D amplifier offers up to 90 watts of power and is optimized for high-impedance, 70/100 volt applications. No transformer bypass mode is available for 8Ω operation.
- Inputs: The integrated zone amplifier features 2 independent stereo inputs, A and B, each with a set of dual RCAs. Input selection can be made from either the front-panel A/B switch or from an optional zone remote control with A/B switch. Each input has its own rear-panel Gain control. A front-panel, 1/8" stereo Aux input is available for running line-level signals through the amp which are summed to mono before being outputted. When a jack is inserted into the Aux input, all other inputs are muted except for the Paging input. The Aux input does not have its own gain control, so signal leveling must be done at the source. Two inputs are available for announcements, a rear-panel Euroblock connector, that can accept balanced or unbalanced signals, and a front-panel combination XLR/1/4" jack that can accept mic or line level signals. The front input can be set to either "duck" the incoming signal or blended with it. This input doesn't supply phantom power, so only dynamic mics should be used.
- Outputs: The IZA 190-HZ has a single 70/100 volt output on a 2-pin Euroblock connector with its own Trim dial, allowing for up to 40 dB of attenuation of the output signal relative to the front-panel Master Volume control. A set of stereo RCA outputs are provided for running the output signal to additional amplifiers. This can be selected as a Mono or Stereo signal as well as Flat or Equalized.
Paging: The IZA 190-HZ includes a Page Input, through a 4-pin Euroblock connector, that can accept either mic or line level signals and is designed to work with a closed contact trigger from a push-to-talk mic (PTT). The Page Input includes a Page Input Gain which allows for 0 dB to +50 dB of gain control of the input signal. The amplifier also includes a 2-pin, Euroblock, Mute input. When the two contacts are closed, input signals will be muted.
Configuration: The IZA 190-HZ was designed so all tone controls and configuration can be done without the need for a computer. Front-panel Bass and Treble controls are available for equalizing the main output signal, as well as a rear-panel EQ switch for selecting one of three EQ presets. Two of these are based on the Bose DS 16 and DS 40 speakers with the third option, HPF, giving a flat response with a 60 Hz high-pass filter applied. Other configuration settings are done via a DIP switch matrix on the rear-panel with the following options:
- Page/Mic Normal - Bypass Master: This setting determines if the page input follows the Master Level output or is set to a fixed output level.
- Output Mono/Stereo: Determines if the signals output on the Aux Out are in stereo or mono.
- Front Mic Mix/Duck: If a front-panel microphone is used, this setting determines if the mic signal is mixed with the music source or automatically lowered (ducked) when someone speaks into the microphone.
- Aux Out EQ/Flat: Determines if the EQ preset setting will be applied to the signal output from the Aux Out jacks.
Remote Control: Each of the two Output channels has a 4-pin Euroblock connection for using one of Bose's optional Remote Volume controls (CC-1) or Remote Volume controls with A/B selector (CC-2), each sold separately. This allows remote control over the channel level and selection of either input A or B without the need for in-line volume controls.
Clip Indicators: A front-panel LED is provided to display signal clipping for the input signal.
- Power Rating: 1 x 90 W @ 70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD+N: </= 1% (at rated full power)
- Channel Separation: </= 60 dBV (below rated power, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 88 dB
- Integrated DSP:
- A/D and D/A Converters: 24-bit / 48 kHz
- Loudspeaker Presets: FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers, HPF (high-pass filter)
- Audio Latency: 10.4 ms (any input to speaker or aux outputs)
- Audio Inputs:
|Line Inputs||Mic/Line Inputs||Page Inputs||Auxiliary inputs|
|Input Channels||2 Unbalanced Line||1 Balanced Mic/Line||1 Balanced Mic||1 Unbalanced Line|
|Input Connectors||Stereo RCA||Combo XLR/1/4" TRS||4-Pin Euroblock||1/8" TRS|
|Input Range||-10 dBV - +10 dBV||-60 dBV - +10 dBV||-60 dBV - +10 dBV||0 dBV - +10 dBV|
|Adjustment Range||-20 dB - +20 dB||0 dB - +50 dB||0 dB - +50 dB||Fixed|
|Input Impedance||20 kΩ||2 kΩ||2 kΩ||20 kΩ|
|Maximum Input Level||+10 dBV||+10 dBV||+10 dBV||+10 dBV|
|Nominal Input Level||0 dBV||-40 dBV||-40 dBV||0 dBV|
|Amplifier Outputs||Auxiliary Output|
|Output Connectors||3-Pin Euroblock||Stereo RCA|
|Nominal Output Level||-40 dBV||0 dBV|
- Indicators and Controls:
- LED Indicators: Power - blue, Input Clip - red (-3 dBFS)
- Front Panel Controls: Power On/Off, Input Select A/B, Bass, Treble, Mic/Line Gain, Master Level
- Rear Panel: DIP Switches, EQ Preset selector, Input Gain (for A/B/Page mic), Output trim
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (+/- 10%, 50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 15 W (Idle), 200 W (Max)
- Mains Connector: Standard IEC 3-pin
- Maximum Inrush Current: 7.6 Amps (120 VAC, 60 Hz)
- Overload Protection: High temperature, short
- Rack Spaces: 1 RU high, half-rack wide
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Dimensions: Width - 8.4375", Height - 1.750", Depth - 14.0" (w/ power cord attached)
- Net Weight: 7.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 9.0 lbs.